MAGFest 8

Broken

Highlights

1.) Being there. It's always good to be at MAGFest.

2.) Finding out that there's probably no more than 10 or so other 8 year vets. I really am one of the few.

3.) Cowbell, motherfuckers.

4.) The OneUps rocking the fuck out with Command and Conquer. So who still thinks they're a jazz band?

5.) A_Rival is one of my favorite people on the planet. My little mexibrother. Love that dude.

6.) The number of people who would walk up and hug me, give me a handshake or just say "whats up Joe Cam!" without me even knowing who the hell they are. Too many faces to remember!

7.) Five Guys with Overcoat, Shael, Prince of Darkness and others

8.) Learning about the existence of Crabcore

9.) Letting everybody in the concert hall taste my balls on Sunday night.

10.) Singing Katamari (for like the 3rd time in 8 MAGs) with Mustin and virt during the Smash Bros set.

11.) Meeting tons of new people, whether we hung out at length or just a quick meetup

12.) The generosity of people willing to help out a broke friend.

13.) That goddamn Colossus yell will never die

Lowlights

1.) Not really being in a good mindset due to my recent ER trip and impending surgery

2.) Being absolutely fucking broke due to previous entry.

3.) Smash Bros were damn good this year, but Prozax was waaaaaaay too drunk and was messing up a lot and throwing the other guys off as well. The show definitely suffered.

4.) The decision to spend New Years Eve at home was a stupid one and I doubt it will be repeated.

5.) The lack of hanging out with a good number of people at length, especially Stevo and Wire.

6.) That goddamn Colossus yell really will never die

I'm sure there's tons of other stuff, but I just woke up from a 17 hour hibernation and I don't remember a lot. See you all next New Years.

lol, I should have elaborated but I had just gotten home and was about to shower. I was there zirc! I played as the colossus. I was wondering why it was listed under lowlights. :tomatoface:

Oh and for anyone who didn't know, DarkCecil13 jammed with Sid Meier around 30 mins before Meier put on his mini-concert.

Bonzai and I had a blast! Glad to have met a bunch of you, and I hope to meet even more next year. I regret not becoming acquainted with everyone. All the people I did get a chance to chat with made the trip down more than worth while. I'll be less shy next year. :3

EDIT: Ninja'd^

Gotchya

I forgot to mention that Broken could/should have won the SSBM tourni. He's a BEAST.

Things I learned at MAGFest 8:

1)The Megas don't suck. The Protomen are much much better all around, but The Megas really don't suck.

2)The One-Ups have went on to do much better material than Time & Space since I bought Time & Space 6+ years ago.

3)LittleSound DJ is pretty badass. I saw Zen Albatross "just mess around" (in his words) and was blown away.

4)I seriously need to learn an instrument. I like music too much not to and you people who can play are like gods to me, and I want to join your ranks. I'm starting piano lessons as soon as my acting classes are done with in 8 weeks.

5)DDR is fun. In the words of one of my friends "I can't believe it took you until 2010 to discover DDR."

That is all.

lol, I should have elaborated but I had just gotten home and was about to shower. I was there zirc! I played as the colossus. I was wondering why it was listed under lowlights. :tomatoface:

Oh and for anyone who didn't know, DarkCecil13 jammed with Sid Meier around 30 mins before Meier put on his mini-concert.

Bonzai and I had a blast! Glad to have met a bunch of you, and I hope to meet even more next year. I regret not becoming acquainted with everyone. All the people I did get a chance to chat with made the trip down more than worth while. I'll be less shy next year. :3

EDIT: Ninja'd^

Gotchya

I forgot to mention that Broken could/should have won the SSBM tourni. He's a BEAST.

whoa wait. DC13 Jammed with him? I thought he was sleeping the whole god damn time. hahaha. Man, ima have to talk to him. Nice meeting you guys though. Hopefully I will see you next year :D

MAGFest was really everything i didn't think it would be. I had more fun going to concerts and hanging out with people then playing games at all. I had a great time, almost ran out of money and such hahaha.

Thanks for the great time everyone, hopefully i can see you all again next year.

So for those at MAGFest - I meant to originally do a grab bag, but unfortunately I forgot to bring the bag o goods there. So instead I will pick the stuff randomly and mail it out! (neko, ash, prot, and monobrow will get to pick from the bag itself though).

So who's in on this? MAGFest only peeps

Bonzai

Rambo

Scytheful

Nekofrog

Ashamee

Prot

Monobrow

Halt

Newt

Edit: Here's the meetup I'm referencing:

- NYC Dec. 30th, 2005

So for those at MAGFest - I meant to originally do a grab bag, but unfortunately I forgot to bring the bag o goods there. So instead I will pick the stuff randomly and mail it out! (neko, ash, prot, and monobrow will get to pick from the bag itself though).

Bonzai

Rambo

Scytheful

Nekofrog

Ashamee

Prot

Monobrow

Halt

Newt

I suppose I will involve myself!

Bonzai

Rambo

Scytheful

Nekofrog

Ashamee

Prot

Monobrow

Halt

Newt

Edit: Here's the meetup I'm referencing:

- NYC Dec. 30th, 2005

Count me in.

MAGFest 8 was an honour, as always, to meet and play for and with a good lot of you. Times were grand and I apologize to those in the OCR room on Sunday night when I randomly walked in with The OneUps and was kind of blehhh at the time - it was only the start of MAGFlu, which, I do think I am over. I suppose if I had slept that weekend it would have been a lot better hehe. Here's to future times!

Grab bags sound fun too! Count me in? ^_^