An OverClocked Christmas 2009

Dyne

For the last two years, I've helped put together a Christmas album featuring artists from the community. This year, I'm starting earlier than ever to ensure that there's more than enough time for everyone to finish a track for the album.

To listen to the previous albums, please check out the following links:

-- http://www.williammichael.net/aocc/

-- http://www.williammichael.net/aocc_v2/

I very much enjoy helping to bring these together, and wanted to continue this year, making it part of a tradition here at OCR. As I've said over the last two years, these albums are not in any way an official OCR album project. These are by the community, for the community. That said, let's get down to it.

When are the first set of WiPs due?

Generally, I'm lax about this for this kind of project, but I'd like to hear what everyone's doing by October 24. This is just to get a feel for how everything is going.

How do we submit tracks to you?

There are two ways: 1) catch me on IRC in #ocremix or, 2) e-mail them to dyne2057@gmail.com.

Is there a general theme you're going to be following, or must all the tracks be VG remixes?

I love remixes, I do, but I don't focus solely on them for this album. It's a Christmas album, and honestly, I'm looking more for Christmas-y kind of music. But I'd be happy to have VG remixes on the album with a wintry kind of flair to them. You're not limited to genre. It can be everything from orchestral to metal, electro to EuroBeat. Don't be shy. There's a theme running here, I'm pretty lax about things. It's really supposed to be a fun, spirited album aimed at lifting people's spirits and giving them the joy of more awesome tunes!

I'm going to be late sending in my entry, will I still get onto the album?

Yes. I'm pretty lenient all things considered. I will accept tracks as late as December 23, and that's primarily because I visit with family on Christmas Eve, and generally do not get home until near midnight most times.

What is the deadline for all final tracks?

Final tracks must be received by December 20, 2009. That gives me the entire week to build the web page, and upload all the files. Then, on December 24, I will release the album at midnight.

Who can sign up for this project?

Anyone. No really, established remixers, novices, anyone who wants to have a good time making music for the community.

=========

Folks on the Project

Dyne (producing)

HitoriJaNai -- "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

jmr

tweek

ProtoDome

Brushfire and Level 99

Cyril the Wolf

The Coop -- a song from the Atari XE game "Necromancer"

DJ Mokram

Monobrow

GeoffreyTaucer -- "Noel" possibly with some Kakariko Village

POCKETMAN

Rexy

DragonAvenger and Collaborator Yet unnamed

djpretzel

TheKrow -- "Snowman" from Mother 3

bustatunez (or if you like Will, Wilbert Roget, II)

the prophet of mephisto -- "O Come" and "Mary Did You Know?"

Lampje4life -- "A Sleigh Ride to Vana'Diel"

Salluz

Rozovian

Oinkness

diotrans - Waltz of the Flowers (excerpt)

On the project.

WiP received.

Final track received.

That time of the year already? Well, it's better than that time of the month, so...

I'd like to do something for this. I know my entry for the second album wasn't exactly all that Christmasy, but after being on the first two, I don't see why I shouldn't try to make something for the third one.

Should I try to come up with an idea for a cover again, or is someone else doing it this time?

I'll tell you what you should do, Dyne, in order to "get" some tracks for the album...

Pitch the theme to Starla for an unknown OHC in the future. I'd definitely let you use my OHC entry from that for your album, as I'm sure some others would as well, and it means that it's included in my weekly allocation of music-making time. It's WIN-WIN!

But if that doesn't happen, I'm pretty sure I wont have any extra time anytime soon to contribute :puppyeyes: We need a cloning machine already.

I know a perfect track for this, I bust the ost version out ever winter cause its so Christmassy (?) as is. I'll give it a shot for sure!

Btw, Super Mario's Sleigh Ride is an absolutely essential Christmas tune. Its Mario, its Christmas; Its 120% excellenticity. I cannot say enough about how awesome that mix is, If anything even half as cool is born from this project, it will be a runaway success.

...I was already doing this.

I wasn't trying to compete with you DS, if you're already doing a project like this, then you can either delete this thread and we'll all stick with your project, or we could work in tandem with each other. I just wanted to continue what I've been doing for the last two years. But I wanted to start earlier than last year.

It's up to you DS, I leave it in your capable hands to decide.

Sorry about the double post, but you know, I gotta be true to myself and the community. This project is on like... well, we won't go there. ;-)

Anyway, I'll update the thread. DarkeSword, I can't wait to hear the project you're working on, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Here is the track from my earlier post. Take listen...

Sonic 3D blast (saturn/PC) Diamond Dust act 2

...and tell me, TELL ME, this doesn't make you feel like Christmas. I dare you, lol.

I always thought this would be great to remix, but I am having a tough time thinking of how it could be better! It is a GREAT track!

The only thing I can think of would be vocals. Christmas choir! There could be some carols that fit this melody, or an adaptation of it...