Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

OCR? Isn't that a carefully crafted hoax too?

You are all aware that the April Fool's jokes are just when the reality of the site becomes apparent. DJP and Larry have to very carefully seal the reality away. It's quite difficult.

(to be on-topic, can't wait, as usual, and I think I will review this in one sitting. just to show I can. bwahaha!)

Not much to report, we're still waiting on Enchanted and a few other semi-optional songs. The video is delayed because of Drew Gourley's lack of computer, which I think should not be a problem anymore.

Trust me dudes, I'm bored too. I'm off working on a bunch of other projects right now because there's literally nothing to do here until a few people get their stuff done. I've got a 95% tagged/encoded batch of songs and I'm about halfway through my evaluation of the project, so I can't really think of much else that can be done by me :\ I'm trying to push as much as I can without sacrificing the quality of the end product. You'll thank me down the road when this project releases (later than expected, but still) and these last few tracks are on the project in finished form, they're going to be worth it. Same goes for the preview that Drew's working on. I'd rather wait and release something awesome than do something half-assed.

Sorry for the delay everybody :-( It sucks and we're getting lapped by a bunch of other projects, which pushes our release window back further and further everytime another project wraps up... all I can do is promise you it'll be worth it even more than you could expect from the previews and tracklist that we've dropped so far.

And also everyone secretly knows Emunator is delaying because he's toking it up

I think now would be a good opportunity to announce that the whole album was actually made while totally stoned. Think about some of the track titles here. "Intoxica," "mojo gogo," "All Mixxed Up..." "Funky's Joint?" I'd sure like to get me a fresh bowl of 'Spanish Jitters'...

Search your hearts, you know it to be true.

:nicework:

Just dropping in to say, don't worry about it, man! :D I think that most of us are down with the "quality >>> speedy release" idea. It'll be well worth the time taken. I'm excited, anyway.

Yeah, I figured most of you would understand, but I'm really trying to get something nice to share with y'all as soon as I can in the way of a preview or something like that. Not having anything to tide the wait over with sucks... before I was directing this I was right with you guys F5'ing the DKC2 thread every hour looking for updates, and I must have listened to their preview hundreds of times. I know what it's like, haha :-)

Exploration C - Weren't you wondering what kind of Exploration? *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

You know, listening to your mix, the connection wouldn't surprise me at all x) I always come up with the weirdest visuals to accompany your song in particular, it's such a trip :-)

This is kind of a tangent, but I'm a very visually-oriented person so with almost every song, I come to associate it with a color, gradient, or pallet... I love how when I listen to this album straight through, I end up seeing every color dozens of times throughout the whole experience. For example: Mono, your track is kind of nebulous to me but it always comes out sounding like a pale, mossy shade of green to me with some whitewashed earthy hues mixed in. Not sure if that's because of the personal object/setting associations I've made with your song, or if I just perceive certain tones/instruments/moods the same regardless of the context of the song.

I dunno if anyone else views music in this way but I thought I'd share that since it's something that I'm pretty sure I've done ever since I was young when I started seriously listening to music. Game music is weird because the game music is inseparably tied to the environments they're originally used in... I wonder how my visualization of the DK3 soundtrack would compare to someone who's hearing it for the first time without ever playing it... Maybe some of the remixers on the project who haven't played the game could chime in on this?

I swear I'm completely sober right now.

I think now would be a good opportunity to announce that the whole album was actually made while totally stoned. Think about some of the track titles here. "Intoxica," "mojo gogo," "All Mixxed Up..." "Funky's Joint?" I'd sure like to get me a fresh bowl of 'Spanish Jitters'...

Search your hearts, you know it to be true.

:nicework:

No...no...that's impossible!! Nooooooooo!!

...Actually I was high half the time too :)!!