OCR01229 - Kingdom Hearts "Above the Rising Falls"

djpretzel

Never played or even seen Kingdom Hearts... But from this remix, I can assume the soundtrack isn't half bad. Or maybe it is, and the remix just kicks ace... Either way I'm happy i guess :lol:

All the little drum-FX rythms and rolls with the pumping bass add up into an amazing drum track throughout.

The piano was especially nice, and mixed flawlessy with the orcestra. Sound Quality superb. Nice and flowing feel good music.

EDIT: Crap Xyco! I wanted to be first. jerk.

Kingdom Hearts is a game that for many people, it was hard to believe that Square would actually team up with Disney. I Refused to play it for a bit after hearing about it. Now I cannot wait to get my hands on the 2 Sequels coming out.

I will say that it is a bout time that a remix was posted for this game. The music it Self really does not get the credit it has earned. To me, hollow Bastion had the Perfect dark, dismal, atmosphere that it was made to express, yet also gave an impression of Aw and wonder about the Area you were exploring.

Among the many things about this remix, the Shy percussion grabs me. I say it is shy due to the fact that you know it is there, but it does not over take the remix. The piano Work is Top notch.

The Ambiance adds the effect and the feeling almost of "You will lose your Soul in this place." The Strings work that was added gives the kind of a horror effect of sorts.

All in all, VERY well done, and I cannot wait to Here more!

When I first saw the picture for Kindom Hearts on the page I literally thought "Be still my beating heart!". I was a little apprehensive of DLing it at first, because I didn't want the first KH mix to be a let down. But my Fears were unfounded, because I really enjoyed this mix. it's very well arranged, and has a great feel to it.

the only criticism I have is that it sounds too Midi'ish (for lack of a better word). Had this been performed by a live orchestra, it would have sounded perfect.

all in all a great mix though. I'm glad KH is finally getting some of the massive ammount of attention it deserves.

In my book, when a remix is so amazing that you want to hear if the actual soundtrack is as good, that is a great remix, which this is. Though I haven't played Kingdom Hearts, I still loved the piano and percussion found in this remix. Hopefully we'll hear more of both Kingdom Hearts remixes and remixes from Sephfire in the near future.

This mix is good work, BUT I hate the game, and listening to this remix reminded me why: The track was the BGM of the most annoying place in the game.

I hated this game because of the lousy gameplay, camera, and the disappointing story... and of course let's not forget the fan girls.

Probably the only thing I could say I like is the music... but most of the tracks from that game are infected with memories of the game, like this remix of Hallow Bastion's BGM.

Still tho, good work dispite the game.

Its great to see that this mix got added to the site! I've had it in my playlist since I found it in the WIP section, and I haven't gotten tired of it yet :D Excellent work, Sephire.

8/10 for this mix. 8)

[if this posts twice, its because the server was acting screwy with me]

I was scared to hear this song, considering that the original is my favorite one on the game. Held my breath when Winamp started...

I have to say that this was good! I love the piano and that extra touch with the Destati theme. An instant add-on to my playlist! Great work!

The music in this song is awesome! Sure its not Chrono Trigger.. but its just as good to me! Listening to this without being told that there were multiple songs being integrated I would have guess that this came from a single track. Even though I have played Kingdom Hearts clear through to the special "preview clip" I was unable to revisit the locales to enjoy the musics... as my PS2.. kinda.. umm.. croaked..

Hmmm, how'd I miss when this was posted? I loved this song when I first heard the version mastered by SGX. Just listened to it a few minutes ago, still love it. Hope sephfire churns out (at least) a couple more songs like this in the future.

This was one of those mixes that I played over about 10 times when I first downloaded it. I enjoyed the original soundtrack to this game, and I enjoyed every aspect of this ReMix. It is very dramatic, powerful, and it has great momentum. I absolutely love the climax starting at 2:47. That may be one of my favorite moments in any OC Remix yet, with only a couple of exceptions. Very nice work.

98/100, and awfully close to a 99/100. Let's call it a 197/200.

When I first found out that this ReMix involved the music of Hollow Bastion, I nearly had a heart attack. It's personally one of my favorite tracks from the KH OST. I stepped into this rather worried due to that love, but I promise you, I did not leave disappointed.

This ReMix puts you upon the waters of Hollow Bastion with it's mystifying but brilliant combination with Destati. The question is when you listen and become trapped in the steady beat and the tapping chimes of the piano, can you feel the mist of the rising falls against your face?

I agree with a previous reviwer about the 2:47 climax. It simply made my heart leap. I like mostly how it builds up and doesn't just throw you right into it, rather like the falls of Hollow Bastion themselves. Just slowly moving upward.. The work with the piano isn't abused, since it seems to be a well-loved and often-used instrument in many ReMixes with music that has such a gloomy air about it.

So far, out of all the ReMixes I've acquired from this website, this is defintely my favorite. I applaud such great work and I hope you do more KH ReMixes.

(Got a little in-depth there but I couldn't stop myself. XD)

Sorry I can't drag on about the technical aspects of the mix, because I don't know what all's involved in the process. However, I'm an avid fan of Kingdom Hearts, and I've only been waiting FOREVER to see a remix here on the best videogame remix site ever! :o

You did justice to the Hollow Bastion track (one of my favorite because of it's haunting air) and nice moves with Destati. :D I adore that point in the game, and it's always nice to listen these remixes that take you back, and yet, at the same time, take you on a journey you've never experienced before.

I encourage you to do more. Hopefully you'll start a trend (and standard) for future KH OC remixes! Good work and thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01229 - Kingdom Hearts "Above the Rising Falls"