Have you ever cried from a game?

Synth

I also remember shedding a few tears from Legend of Legaia when Noa's guardian wolf/friend died. Normally, that wouldn't have bothered me, but it reminded me of my dog that died a few weeks prior.

Also, I don't remember if I cried of not, but I was REALLY sad when I found out what happened to Noa's parents and the kingdom.

I only very recently finished Mother 3. I bought it when it was first released, but stopped in New Pork City because I didn't want the game to end.

Anyway, when you learn that Claus is Porky's robot and the battle sequence that ensued, I got really choked-up. It would've been full-on bawling but I was at work so I was really trying to keep some sort of composure. Didn't help that my family life has been really hard the last few years, and right before I finished the game, there was a near-tragedy involving my own brother.

Nintendo's E3 Conference intro made me cry tears of joy. The Pikmin games have been one of the big joys gaming has brought to me and to finally see something new and know I'll be returning to the pikmin planet after these long years just made me really emotional.

The ending to Pikmin 2 makes me well up with emotion too but I don't think any other game has made me close to crying.

LOL, those damn animal cruelty commercials! I have to walk out of the room when they come on.

Augh, me too. If they had any other song, it would be heartbreaking to see those one-eyed dogs in cages but not true tear fodder. They had to pick "Angel", which is known to turn on tear ducts at 200 yards.

Klonoa - Again, the ending with the sequence around Lephise's 'Song of Rebirth'. Even to this day, I form puddles at my feet.

Damn it i knew i forgot one ^ basically what rexy said aswell

klonoa's ending can make even the most cold hearted person feel emotion.

Just lump in the throat is all I ever get, but these ones managed it.

Lufia 2 ending

Terranigma ending

(Turns out your character was created as the puppet of dark gaia. Light gaia subverts this and turns you into its puppet instead. After both sides finish using you they toss you away. Light gaia has a bit of decency to give you one last day to live with the rest of the puppets of your village. The light version gets to return to the surface and live out life up there, but you as the dark version remain in the underworld as it fades away and you and everyone else down there disappear.)

Link's Awakening ending

Chrono Cross ending(Most of chrono cross actually)

Sad, yes, never cried though. I understand why people cry at works of fiction, it's just not how I react. I rarely cry, not that I'd feel ashamed if I did more often.

Final Fantasy 9 has an undertone of sadness, the game is really emotional. The relationship between Zidane and Garnet, Freya and Sir Fratley, Vivi and the black mages, and Eiko has no family, except for the moogles.Of course, there are happy moments also. Steiner and Quina always make me laugh. The moogles are also funny.

I didn't think Aeris dying was sad when I was young, I thought she was annoying and weak. I wasn't really affected by the scene until I played Crisis Core, also a sad game. After seeing how they portrayed her in that game, it made me sad that to know she was going to die in FF7. I think the saddest part of FF7 is Cid's story, I mean just listen to his theme music. Oh, and Red XII also has a sad story.

I don't think I've cried but there have been some sad moments:

Mother 3 (SPOILERS):

- Hinawa's death so early in the game, plus Flint's reaction... Sad moment.

- The last battle of the game is sad too. Some of the messages that appear during the battle are depressing, like when Lucas can't hit Claus, the flashback with the babies, Flint almost dying and finally Claus commiting suicide... I find it sadder when I remember it than when I actually played though, not sure why.

I don't think I've cried but there have been some sad moments:

Mother 3 (SPOILERS):

- Hinawa's death so early in the game, plus Flint's reaction... Sad moment.

- The last battle of the game is sad too. Some of the messages that appear during the battle are depressing, like when Lucas can't hit Claus, the flashback with the babies, Flint almost dying and finally Claus commiting suicide... I find it sadder when I remember it than when I actually played though, not sure why.

Shigesato Itoi (creator of the MOTHER series) once said the saddest part of the last fight for him was when Hinawa told Claus he "must be exhausted." He said it almost felt like she was talking to him, to the player.

Chrono Cross. To this day cannot listen to Unstolen Jewel, because of the ending.

Oh and thanks for reminding me, fuckers... now cannot get it out of my head... it is a great song, but man, it has such an amazingly strong emotional effect on me, I can't describe it. I actually haven't listened to it for a decade, but as soon as I start thinking about it, it has the same effect.

EDIT: Looking through the thread it looks like a few people also mentioned Chrono Cross ending. Good to have company.

Alright i'll come clean due to overwhelming social pressure. :<

I got pretty welled up my first time through Star Ocean 2 right at the end of the first disc when that one boss wipes out your whole party and you get stranded on an island not knowing where the rest of your party is. Plus, Leon's parents got killed from it. :cry: Then just an hour after all of that, Expel get's wiped out and even though what's left of your party is ok, Claude knows what happened but can't tell Rena the truth! :cry: Did I mention that Claude, after spending the entire game trying to figure out how to get home, turned his back on his rescue-er, his father, and rejoined his friends knowing fully that he would be dying with them?

Now imagine all of that to some of Sakuraba's most gripping music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFWkNdRzr7A

The drama man the freaking drama :cry:

Best part is you still have another half of the game to go after all that. Second best JRPG ever.