Sign in to follow this  
Unununium

Post format widget issues

The post format widgets (e.g. bold button, smilies) are misbehaving in Firefox (Aurora 17.0a2 (2012-09-12)). They worked fine the last time I checked (a few months ago). They do nothing when clicked, and the <textarea> appears unformatted using a fixed-width font. Did something change on the site, or is this a regression in the browser?

The behavior in Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m is better but still not optimal. The <textarea> is unformatted, but the buttons work; they do so by inserting the markup (e.g. [ B ] sans spaces) directly in the displayed text. Chrome users, is it the same for you?

Everything works fine in MSIE 9.0.8112.16421.

Sorry for bothering everyone with this. I figured out the problem. I forgot that I had configured my browser to spoof the user agent string to be Opera, and that apparently caused the forum servers to send the wrong post format scripts, or to not send them at all. Restoring the default user agent fixes everything in Firefox.