APRIL FOOL'S! OC ReMix Presents Final Fantasy III (meaning VI): Unbalanced and Ruined!

zircon

Unbalanced-and-Ruined-cover-by-Pixato.png

OC ReMix Presents Final Fantasy III (meaning VI): Unbalanced and Ruined

FAIRFAX, VA--djpretzel, McVaffe, myself and the rest of the OCR staff are happy to announce the RELEASE of the FF6: Unbalanced & Ruined album! Everything has been worked out with our boys at the Squee, and we're really excited to finally share this with the community!

We're raised money to fund the physical production of the FF6 arrangement album Unbalanced & Ruined, directed by myself and McVaffe and featuring the talents of over 10 amazing OC ReMixers. The goal was to produce a superb-quality physical album containing every track from the album, gorgeous artwork, and a FIFTH disc (DVD) of bonus content. That's right: whereas the bonus DVD was previously a stretch goal, it was now included by default! However, we ran out of funding in the middle of production, and had to cut a lot material from the final release. DVDs are expensive. HOWEVER again, we'll used some of the funds raised to record studio musicians for various tracks, as well as professional mixing/mastering as required. Lastly, we covered royalties for each physical copy of the album. Everyone wins!

Despite delays in getting the new Kickstarter off the ground, the project was still on course for a Spring 2013 release, and is available as a free download to all. You'll also notice that the new video features MANY more previews from the project, which has been progressing really well since the first preview.

On behalf of the entire Unbalanced and Ruined team, I'd like to thank EVERYONE for your patience and support over the last few months.

If we could have gotten a liiiiittle bit more Kickstarter funding, we could have afforded lossless encoding. Sorry, brah. Maybe next time/ zircon

Edited by Liontamer
Added new mirror!

Are you serious with that trailer ?

You get 150 000 $ for an album, I was not expecting a trailer with UnregistredHyperCam watermarks and Comics MS fonts... wth ?

It's probably a great album but the trailer is very not appealing. Please re-do it.

i heard larry used $100,000 of that to buy his own personal McRib factory.

You get 150 000 $ for an album, I was not expecting a trailer with UnregistredHyperCam watermarks and Comics MS fonts... wth ?

It's probably a great album but the trailer is very not appealing. Please re-do it.

What on earth are you talking about? That thing was beautiful. You just can't appreciate true art you philistine.

Zircon feat. Sean Paul. Fan-freaking-finally!

As you could clearly HEAR from the video, the money went towards the MUSIC, not software or fonts.

You thought the money went to the album? Don't be so naive. It went straight into the pockets of the evil OverClocked Overlords!

Edited by DarkeSword

I think having an awesome trailer was a 200,000 stretch goal.

I'm not complaining; congratulations, OCREMIX, for having your first major budgeted project. Also for getting a sense of your monetary worth, via kickstarter.

My only disappointment is that the download came out prior to the physical album, which I'm still waiting for. Working in film and book publishing, I completely sympathize with the situation, though. I was just looking forward to hearing it all before the non-donators. Exclusivity is an important part of what drives kickstarter donations. Of course, the physical CDs are exclusive, so that's cool.

Anyway, I'm not going to download the songs. I'm still going to wait until the physical album arrives. I look forward to it.

No it didn't.

I really wish people would stop accusing us of pocketing the money. We've been above board about the entire process from the get-go. :whatevaa:

The other Overlords must had a reason to keep you in the dark. Quite a conspiracy we have going here.

The other Overlords must had a reason to keep you in the dark. Quite a conspiracy we have going here.
Yeah, don't you remember the conference aboard the company yacht?

Everything is 100% legit.

See, this is what I'm talking about. You guys always do stuff like this, talking about yachts and corporate jets and shit, and "oh DarkeSword doesn't know what actually goes on." This kind of thing stopped being funny like 6 years ago. You're not on staff, you don't know jack shit. We work really hard on this site and on projects and we don't get anything aside from personal satisfaction out of it.

So just knock it off, and enjoy the music.

And stay on topic. This thread is about the release of the FF6 album, not your baseless and insulting accusations.

Edited by DarkeSword

See, this is what I'm talking about. You guys always do stuff like this, talking about yachts and corporate jets and shit, and "oh DarkeSword doesn't know what actually goes on." This kind of thing stopped being funny like 6 years ago. You're not on staff, you don't know jack shit. We work really hard on this site and on projects and we don't get anything aside from personal satisfaction out of it.

So just knock it off, and enjoy the music.

And stay on topic. This thread is about the release of the FF6 album, not your baseless and insulting accusations.

You should funnel some of that $150,000 into the FFV album to get it done! :-o