Inafune's new game, Mighty No. 9

Devyn

I don't think it'll reach the 3 million mark, then again there's 20 days left.

The closing days, especially the last one, always finish strong for Kickstarters like these. We're living proof. :-) Even just last night Project Phoenix topped $1 million in the final 30 minutes, including a plug with 3 hours left from the official Mighty No. 9 Twitter (awesome!). I could see Mighty No. 9 hitting 3 million as long as it stays in the news cycle. Even if it doesn't, it'll easily clear $2.5 million.

• 3 weeks later...
Taking votes on the design for Call, though I kinda feel like F is the one they were going to go for anyways. I'd go for F or B

Yeah, I voted for F too. There were a couple of other design that were "ok", but most of them seemed off.

By the way: this'll probably sound stupid, but hitting the last couple of stretch goals might not seem impossible. It's been going on a very steady rate these last couple of days.

ditto, though I liked H as well

Nearly all the designs sans H are too busy - I would imagine it would help with establishing a brand/image if your main character designs stayed simple and iconic (see: Inafune's designs in Megaman 1).

Though I do like what I -think- is Inafune's design, D.

Edited by EC2151

The Mega Man 2 composer Takashi Tateishi is now involved, and I'm not sure if this is the first official mention of it or not but Ippo Yamada (composer for the Mega Man Zero series, Mega Man ZX, and a few tracks in MM9 and 10) is now in as well: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts
So with this now confirmed... has there been any discussion of an OCR Mighty No. 9 album? Obviously the soundtrack hasn't been released yet, but my understanding is that OCR albums take a fair lot of organizing even before the mixing begins, and it would be cool to have an album out as soon as possible after the game's release. And I don't think it's conceivable that this game's music won't deserve an album.

So with this now confirmed... has there been any discussion of an OCR Mighty No. 9 album? Obviously the soundtrack hasn't been released yet, but my understanding is that OCR albums take a fair lot of organizing even before the mixing begins, and it would be cool to have an album out as soon as possible after the game's release. And I don't think it's conceivable that this game's music won't deserve an album.

Considering what all is involved in making an OCR album, I'd guess serious discussion about something like this is a waste of time until 2015, when the game is near release and there's actually a significant amount of music to go on.

We would have to have access to the music prior to the game coming out.

I realize that people get super excited about this kind of thing but lets just take a step back. We haven't even heard a soundtrack yet, just one or two samples. Let the game come out. Let people play the game and form a relationship with the music. Then maybe we can approach an album project with actual appreciation and passion, rather than trying to just chase the latest hotness.

Okay so that new single-player Call stage + boss stretch goal needs to be achieved please. That would be the best thing.

YES IT VERY MUCH DOES, but I'm not holding my breath considering how far away the goal is. I was kind of under the impression that Call would have her own single player campaign from the get-go though, even as just a simple model swap of Beck. Looks like I was wrong.