Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I realise that, but he's still more recognised in the other costume.

Maybe it's an option on the game to change the costume (like colour change in the first two).

I wouldn't be surprised if his original outfit shows up as an alt-color.

But honestly, Wario Ware's taken over the general mindset of Wario's "look" as far as most people seem to be concerned. You're literally the first person I've seen across 20 message boards to wish the old style Wario was being used instead of the new.

Now, I've never played any of Wario's pre-Warioware games (I know, I know...), but even so, I think that it's a pretty good move to bring him in as WW Wario as opposed to his earlier self. From what I HAVE seen of Wario, the guy is all about being freakin' nuts, and that is exactly what the WW games are all about. Not to mention, the earlier Wario games may not have as much stuff to bring into Brawl as extra goodness (see: Ashley's Theme and possible assists in the form of guys like 9-Volt and the rest of Wario's posse).

And besides... that costume is pretty cool.

--Jack Kieser

wario changed from his "proper" costume (the Yellow shirt/ purple overalls) in th first Wario Ware (GBA) and that the one they chose. it's the one with the most character. the other one they could have chose is the wario from the WarioLand Games. which would being cool but need to use those power ups from the game.

hehehe, like getting viking horns on your hard hat and bulging bicep muscles?

I realise that, but he's still more recognised in the other costume.

Maybe it's an option on the game to change the costume (like colour change in the first two).

I wouldn't be surprised if his original outfit shows up as an alt-color.

But honestly, Wario Ware's taken over the general mindset of Wario's "look" as far as most people seem to be concerned. You're literally the first person I've seen across 20 message boards to wish the old style Wario was being used instead of the new.

No, I also MUCH preferred the old Wario to the new one, and I'm sad to see them totally ignore the better one. Wario, including his games (but moreso his character), has become Nintendo's outlet for random humor, and they've totally left behind his roots of being a badass, disgusting, garlic eating, laughing, greedy guy who sits on his golden throne and body-slams cute little fuzzy creatures. I would have much preferred Wario Ware to be an awesome side game without totally obliterating his platform roots. Wario World, while short, was totally the right direction. Master of Disguise doesn't count. Of course neither were even made by Nintendo. Whatever, we're stuck with the lame Wario who has FRIENDS, watches TELEVISION, and runs a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS to make his money (as opposed to just plundering/stealing it and then spending all his spare time counting/drooling over it). I guess I'm at least glad he's in Brawl at all to begin with, though.

Now, onto other matters - this new stage is a relief (though I've never played mother 3) because all the previously announced stages seemed pretty compact... glad we got another Hyrule Temple to play with.

they've totally left behind his roots of being a badass, disgusting, garlic eating, laughing, greedy guy who sits on his golden throne and body-slams cute little fuzzy creatures.

All of these things are retained in the WarioWare games. I like that they've actually given Wario a legitimate role in the universe beyond "hey its evli marrio!!!" And I dig the aspect of taking a character like Wario and putting him in a completely different context (some kind of absurd suburbia). Not to mention that the games and their characters ooze with personality.

i started playing SSB:M again simply because i cant wait for this game. i realized im definitely not as good as i used to be.

has anyone ever beaten all-star mode without continuing on very hard?

I have-->

Tried and failed many times. That is just sadistic.

EDIT: I just realized that I made it seem that I actually did do it. I did not. Just trying to bring humor to the ranks.

i started playing SSB:M again simply because i cant wait for this game. i realized im definitely not as good as i used to be.

has anyone ever beaten all-star mode without continuing on very hard?

I have. But it took approximately 50 tries to do so. I believe I finally got it with Ganondorf. That was one punishing challenge.

I have. But it took approximately 50 tries to do so. I believe I finally got it with Ganondorf. That was one punishing challenge.

Hey, do you ever go to Chillindude's bi-weeklies? Just curious because I know he hosts them up in Blacksburg.

And any single player mode in Very Hard is for masochists. I think the computer has it's damage ratio on 2-1 or something.