Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

No character wishlist...

A lot of people at my school hate items. I'm fine either way, but I think that items add a lot of fun to the game.

I've always played SSBM (multiplayer, at least) with no items on FD... Makes for an even and level playing ground for everyone... Sure, the level gets old sometimes, but my friends and I stay relatively competitive...

Who said anything about anime?

Um, pretty much any Final Fantasy character mentioned within the last 40 pages. Those = anime. Also characters from other similar RPG games. No thanks.

I second the Magikoopa. That would be awesome.

Um, pretty much any Final Fantasy character mentioned within the last 40 pages. Those = anime. Also characters from other similar RPG games. No thanks.

I second the Magikoopa. That would be awesome.

lol, so are you annoyed at Roy and Marth being in the game? Their character designs, by your definition, are sure as hell "anime." Hell, I could argue so is Mario or pretty much any other character in Smash Bros already. Point is, the term "anime" is a damn broad one. If you're just saying you don't want JRPG characters in it, then I'd suggest saying that instead of using a term that doesn't apply itself well to the opinion you're trying to state (then again, maybe you like Smash Bros but hate the character designs, which is valid I guess...to each his own). Anyway, you're welcome to your opinions, but I'd suggest a clearer way to say it.

EDIT:

I think he was the Gopher thing in Animal Crossing... If you tried to reset w/o saving he would yell at you. I think.

Cool. I always kinda wanted to play those games, but never really got around to them. Thinkin' I'll get Animal Crossing for Wii whenever that comes out.

You know, if we're going to go back to this list-making of desired characters, we may as well try to do it with some sort of organization. This list is from earlier in the thread. Add to it, instead of creating your own lists. If this list continues to be used, I'll add games for each character later (or someone else can, I don't care).

Black Knight

Bowser

Baby Bowser

Captain Falcon

Crono

DeDeDe

Donkey Kong

Dr. Mario

Ephraim

Falco

Fox

Ganondorf/Aghanim

Hector

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff

Kalas

Kirby

Link

Luigi

Lyn

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Mewtwo

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Lord Pent

Pichu

Pikachu

Pit

Princess Peach

Ridley

Roy

Samus/zero Suit Samus

Snake

Sonic

Young Link

Wario

WW Link

Zelda/Sheik

Count: 41 Characters

Key:

Black are characters from SSBM.

Blue are known 1st/2nd party additions.

Red are known 3rd party additions.

Green are 1st/2nd party suggestions.

Orange are 3rd party suggestions.

I think he was the Gopher thing in Animal Crossing... If you tried to reset w/o saving he would yell at you. I think.

heck yes he was

reset without saving and BOOM this dude starts yelling at you

and the more you do it the longer the rant lasts

What's interesting is how some of you pick the most impossible characters to be in the game.

Sure it's all fine and well if you liked the character of a particular game, but characters like those of FF6/7 don't belong in a Smash Bros. game. No matter how you look at it.

The characters should be Nintendo ICONS, 3rd party people are lucky to even be there.

Other suggestions like characters from the Cube FE are just silly. I love the game to death but none of the characters have had enough history to build up a solid fanbase and are not universaly recognized.

Roy and Marth have some of that, but probably the most in Japan. I'd say we're lucky to have a European version of Smash at all, I don't think any of us knew Roy and Marth unless they imported back in the day.

Also, Magikoopa? It's not even a unique character, it's just one more of another, like Goombas.

If yer gonna say Magikoopa, at least say whats-her-name, the hag from Paper Mario, Kammy Koopa? She has character, but she's just not right for the game fighting style wise.

It's not about which character or which game you like, it's about who is universaly recognized and who translates well into the Smash mechanics.

lol, so are you annoyed at Roy and Marth being in the game? Their character designs, by your definition, are sure as hell "anime." Hell, I could argue so is Mario or pretty much any other character in Smash Bros already. Point is, the term "anime" is a damn broad one. If you're just saying you don't want JRPG characters in it, then I'd suggest saying that instead of using a term that doesn't apply itself well to the opinion you're trying to state (then again, maybe you like Smash Bros but hate the character designs, which is valid I guess...to each his own). Anyway, you're welcome to your opinions, but I'd suggest a clearer way to say it.

Yes actually. I hated the people who always played Roy/Marth. Sorry that you are so offended by someone who dislikes anime. Fine, JRPG, if thats what you want. No Roy or Marth. No generic RPG fighters (that probably means no beloved Crono as well).

Yes actually. I hated the people who always played Roy/Marth. Sorry that you are so offended by someone who dislikes anime. Fine, JRPG, if thats what you want. No Roy or Marth. No generic RPG fighters (that probably means no beloved Crono as well).

I'm not offended that you dislike anime, I just see it as an odd blanket statement. I study film, so I may well have a different perspective on visual arts as you, but I've enjoyed every Studio Ghibli film I've seen (each is quite literally a great piece of art, in my humble opinion) and these films are clumped into the same category as the more generic, unoriginal Japanese animation by the broader term "anime." What I'm saying is often times worthy works are written off by "anime haters," and the opposite can be said for "anime lovers" (just assuming some generic show is great because it's "anime omg!!!!!11"); I think both cases are unfortunate because they are both cases of people having such strong predetermined opinions about something. Many "anime haters" I've known have often come to that notion that "anime sux" because they simply don't care for the people who devoutly love anime. Anyway, I find it unfortunate for someone to stop themselves from appreciating anything from a certain medium because of stereotypes or implications it carries with it. My final thought on it is "anime," just as much as any other worthy storytelling medium, carries with it its own benefits and pitfalls, and there isn't any one piece that is representative of what that medium has to offer.

Anyway, like I said, you're welcome to your opinions; it doesn't affect me what you think or believe, so how could it offend me?

What's interesting is how some of you pick the most impossible characters to be in the game...

It's not about which character or which game you like, it's about who is universaly recognized and who translates well into the Smash mechanics.

Mr. Game and Watch.

A lot of people didn't know he existed until Melee came out and those who did probably would've never thought he would fit into a game like Smash Bros. Of course, he still sucks, but still.

Also, the Ice Climbers. More widely known than Mr. Game and Watch, but before Melee, less probable to hold their own up against, say, Link. There are ways to make anything kick ass.

Other suggestions like characters from the Cube FE are just silly. I love the game to death but none of the characters have had enough history to build up a solid fanbase and are not universaly recognized.

No suggestions are silly. We're not talking about who we think will be in the game. We're talking about who we want to see in the game. Whether it would work or not, it would still be pretty cool to see Mr. Resseti using a rant attack(similar to Jigglypuff's singing) and smashing everyone with his lethal pickaxe or the Postman from Majora's Mask speeding across the stage and throwing razor-sharp letters, making his opponents suffer from excruciating papercuts.

There are ways to make any character fight, whether it's legitimately kicking ass or comically causing pain and suffering. Basically like w/ Pichu. It's incredibly hard, at first, to win a match with Pichu, but once you get good w/ him/her, it's easy. Same could go for any other character we think up.

What I'm trying to say is, there's no such thing as a silly idea/suggestion. :)

I think we should focus on considering new characters that actaually have a chance at being in the game. I know so many of you guys want people that have no chance in hell of being in the game and I know it is just wishing but why even bother if it is guaranteed they won't be in the game. The creators already said any 3rd party character had to appear on a nintendo console at some point in time just to be considered. So this wishing for Final Fantasy VII characters is not going to happen and is completely stupid in my opinion. In fact I dislike the adding of 3rd party characters to begin with. This is suppose to be a Nintendo brawler.

Also the creators said the total amount of 3rd party cahracters in the game would only amount to 3 -1 including Snake. I will bet $100 that Sonic will be that second 3rd party character. It is so obvious because: 1. He was the most voted character on the official Smash Bros. forums, 2. Both Nintendo, Sega, and the Sonic Team expressed much intrest in Sonic being part of the game, 3. Sonic is an iconic character so he fits well into the game, 4. There have been many sonic games that came out on Nintendo consoles including many exclusives. So I think it is a given Sonic will be in the game but that is just my opinion.

Saying all anime sucks is like saying all movies suck - there's such a huge variety that you can't possibly hate all of it, unless you hate it for a really stupid reason (I.E. it's animated).

Seriously, that's sort of... pointless. I'll say I love anime, but I by no means love all anime (there are many I simply refuse to watch because of the few scenes of them I have seen and what I have heard about them). You, though, seem to honestly hate all anime which... as I said, is kinda pointless.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree with making a list of characters that actually have a chance of making it in (I.E. not from Final Fantasy). I would personally like to see Ganondorf in his Twilight Princess styling and one of the Hunters from MP: Hunters.