Are any of my old friends still alive?

Blaster Atoms

I stop in from time to time to see if this old joint is still going and to check out the changes.  Definitely a different vibe than when I posted, though I didn't really post all that much. Here are some of the names I remember, mostly from Unmod, since it was a pretty cool wild west kinda place.

Darksworde - Don't remember if he posted a lot, but he did a really cool 50 Cent In Da Club classical mashup

Neko and/or Nekofrog- May have been the same person, I remember he was pretty polarizing, seemed to enjoy winding people up

There was either Atomic Dog or Atomic Frog- when PC Gamer did an article on OC Remix, one of those was namedropped and people around here took exception to it for some reason.

Mazedude, maybe?

I remember you, Coop.  You  did really cool threads and good sprite/gif work.

Hulk- One of his friends from the football team died, and he did a big post about it, but some people took him to task for comparing football to war.

Weirdboyscott- Think he was  creepo furry or something

Ace!- Had a podcast, I think

Jesusthedarklord and Fuckshoestheclown- Unmodders with names that stuck with me

There was some chick named Elise or something who constantly posted pictures of herself and pages of dudes would fall overthemselves

Radical Dreamer - I think he was really liberal for the time, I remember him arguing with people.

Anyway, those are some of the names I can pick from memory.  It was a cool place, and Unmod was a really different kind of atmosphere.  Sort of vicious and friendly at the same time.

49 minutes ago, Narzack said:

I stop in from time to time to see if this old joint is still going and to check out the changes.  Definitely a different vibe than when I posted, though I didn't really post all that much. Here are some of the names I remember, mostly from Unmod, since it was a pretty cool wild west kinda place.

Darksworde - Don't remember if he posted a lot, but he did a really cool 50 Cent In Da Club classical mashup

I didn't participate in Unmod all that much. That In Da Club remix was done by DCT; he wrote an instrumental that was an arrangement of one of my old original tracks and put the a capella on it.

Radical Dreamer is now known as The Author, though he isn't too consistent a presence anymore either. He DID direct a really cool FFX "Hurry" remix album where only one source was arranged many times (which both Darkesword and myself participated in), but I think the loss of his old towering post count (from +30,000 to <5,000 - more than even Atomicdog) may have been too devastating a loss for him on here. Ah well, he was pretty active for a long time, anyway.

24 minutes ago, DarkeSword said:

I didn't participate in Unmod all that much. That In Da Club remix was done by DCT; he wrote an instrumental that was an arrangement of one of my old original tracks and put the a capella on it.

Haha, bro, I spelled it Darkesword and then second-guessed myself and thought for sure the 'e' was at the end.  Do you still have that track?  I've looked for it on and off for something like 12 years now.

EDIT- Oh, snap.  Looks like I lost a few hundred posts, too.  Oh, well, so it goes.

4 hours ago, Narzack said:

Neko and/or Nekofrog- May have been the same person, I remember he was pretty polarizing, seemed to enjoy winding people up

There was either Atomic Dog or Atomic Frog- when PC Gamer did an article on OC Remix, one of those was namedropped and people around here took exception to it for some reason.

Mazedude, maybe?

Jesusthedarklord

There was some chick named Elise or something who constantly posted pictures of herself and pages of dudes would fall overthemselves

Nekofrog made some huge, pretentious exit post and he hasn't been seen here since to my knowledge. Bye Felicia! Many other excellent guitarists with good personalities have since filled the void.

It was AtomicDog and he was a lawyer who also really liked taking people to task here. I was one of the last arguments/targets he had before he done got banned once and for all!

MazeDude is still here from time to time and he's still one of the most awesome dudes around.

I like telling this story, JtDL is who introduced me to Ocremix here as he was a classmate and occasional IRL friend for me here in East Tennessee. Today, however, I have no association with him as he is the closest thing to Alex DeLarge I've witnessed outside "A Clockwork Orange" and very much the same prick IRL as he was on here. He is also a lawyer. What is it with lawyers being assholes on OCR?

If Elise is who I think it is, she seemed to have stopped coming around here some time ago and I don't know if she's been to any OCR meetups. Not sure why, I hope she's doing well.

On 3/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, Meteo Xavier said:

Nekofrog made some huge, pretentious exit post and he hasn't been seen here since to my knowledge. Bye Felicia! Many other excellent guitarists with good personalities have since filled the void.

I once PM'd Nekofrog asking an innocent question about his guitars on a Xenogears remix and he just blocked me.

Guy has ego issues and they trust him with weapons in the US military...

also Liontamer was wrong — Neko never returned.

2 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

I once PM'd Nekofrog asking an innocent question about his guitars on a Xenogears remix and he just blocked me.

Guy has ego issues and they trust him with weapons in the US military...

also Liontamer was wrong — Neko never returned.

before your time. he left, came back for a while, and then left again.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, Meteo Xavier said:

Today, however, I have no association with him as he is the closest thing to Alex DeLarge I've witnessed outside "A Clockwork Orange" and very much the same prick IRL as he was on here. He is also a lawyer. What is it with lawyers being assholes on OCR?

Don't believe the hype. JtDL is a stay-at-home dad and a sweetie.

I try to stop by Johnson City when we drive through so our kids can play.

Wait, what? He's not working as a lawyer anymore? I can't help but feel a small sense of satisfaction out of that, as well as maybe a lack of surprise (one of his advertising photos was him wearing 3-D glasses for god's sakes).

I did like and look up to him in my mousier personality days up to my mid-20s when I had my last clinical depression/depersonalization episode. I've since learned that my personality permanently changes with each one of those episodes I have and I suddenly did not feel like tolerating his bullshit for one iota further. I have not yet seen any reason to change this stance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, wow, I wasn't even into OCRemix back when unmod was around. I just recently got into it and am enjoying the many years of dedication. Kinda sad I missed out on the community during its hay-day, but the nostalgia is so strong here I almost feel like a part of it. I really find this community to be quite the interesting one and I hope it continues to thrive once more. :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow several familiar names from the days of yore.  I was here under the name NintendoAce starting in '02ish  (ahhh 14 year old me's boundless creativity...). I was always more of a lurker though.  My posts were few and far between.  Nice to see that there are a number of people still around from so many years ago.