PRC Final - The Last PRC Round (Free Round)

Bundeslang

12 hours ago, HoboKa said:

(EDIT...I hit enter too soon LOL)

Sounds fair. Sucks it has to be this way, but the compo scene was definitely in a downturn since probably as far back as 2014, though there were some definite upticks here and there. I'll defer to your decision with MnP, TVG.

As for PRC, it has been a wild ride and some seriously good times and kick-ass remixes. Thanks for being such an awesome host @Bundeslang

(EDIT 2) I'd like to add that you were very patient with the more difficult participants (myself included, at times). You've shown nothing but class and aimed to keep the experience a positive one, despite the BS that came your way from time to time lol. You are a true gentleman and scholar Bundeslang. Pardon the 2nd edit, I am having a hard time gathering my thoughts and overcoming my anxiety all at once lol.

I was planning on just coasting along and doing nothing for the rest of the year, but that will have to change, considering the situation... I'd be remiss not to add an entry. Hopefully Bundeslang will be joining in for the fun too!

I was sick of making rounds for one entry or non. I kept asking "Why am i doing this?" when nobody was entering.

The MnP Round 141 had almost like a full 2-3 months of extensions, and nobody was still submitting. I felt the day's of at least 3 entries were gone.

People are probably not as into the PRC and MnP scene as they used to be, probably because they grew up, got a job, or had other musical projects they need to commit to. They probably didn't have the time or the drive to do this anymore. Thanks for the support man, anyways! A part of me didn't want to do it, but in the end i just...gave up. It was a lot of fun though, thanks all for sticking with me! Your compliments are commended, and i appreciated the support you've given to me, as well as the opportunity. Thanks for everything! Here's to the future!

Edited by TheVideoGamer

Thanks everyone for their input in this topic. It's very much appreciated, also good to see some of the participants in early PRC rounds still being around here and checking it out.

I'm pretty sure I made the right decision to make this a final last round of the competition. And of course I will enter myself as well, but (as always) don't expect a remix which will pass the OC Remix judges without a NO vote. Good to see that the first song is already there.

Edited by Bundeslang

On 10/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, Sir_NutS said:

Hi @Bundeslang.  First, I want to sincerely thank you for keeping PRC going for as long as you did.  PRC was a huge part of my development as an artist in the early days of OCR along other older competitions like IMC and I made a lot of collabs and friends in these competitions.  I am no longer making music, nor I am around online much but when I saw the email about this PRC being the last I had to jump in to salute and thank you and the oher artists.

I would say the absolute best part of being part of the community by far were PRC and other compos.  The constraints of the competitions I felt really helped me break out of some walls, and some of the remixes I made here both as sir_nuts and as showroom dummy made the jump to the front page.
Again thank you and all of those who participated over the years.  Hope you are doing great and wish you nothing but the absolute best in the future.

I became aware of your work for the first time because of PRC in the mid-2000s.  I became aware of a lot of people's work because of PRC in the early years.  

I'm very sad to see PRC go.  But I can hardly say I'm surprised.  The community isn't the same that it was in those early years from the early 2000s through maybe the early to mid 2010s (and maybe a lot of it is due to the change in the nature and structure of the internet itself from those years).  

Thanks for all of the great music over the years, everyone!!

Wow, this is crazy. I logged on to this site for the first time in years. I used to participate in this contest and ORC almost weekly in 2004-2008 under my original profile which has since been lost. It’s sad to see this is ending from lack of interest.

I see you can submit originals and multiple entries. Do you mind if I submit one of my first PRC entries and the newest song I’ve made? Kind of like a time capsule. PRC and ORC are where I got my start in music composition. Best of luck to everyone.

Edited by AlchemicJay

On 11/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, AlchemicJay said:

Wow, this is crazy. I logged on to this site for the first time in years. I used to participate in this contest and ORC almost weekly in 2004-2008 under my original profile which has since been lost. It’s sad to see this is ending from lack of interest.

I see you can submit originals and multiple entries. Do you mind if I submit one of my first PRC entries and the newest song I’ve made? Kind of like a time capsule. PRC and ORC are where I got my start in music composition. Best of luck to everyone.

It's allowed, if you have any problems with uploading multiple songs let me now (post a download link in this topic so I can get it at ThSauce).

On 11/12/2023 at 5:55 AM, Bundeslang said:

It's allowed, if you have any problems with uploading multiple songs let me now (post a download link in this topic so I can get it at ThSauce).

Hey, I'm having problems opening the second one. Here is the link:

Sundrops

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12EvsUh8f0kaOi0Zb3ESspZ6ypZykTK_Zh/view?usp=sharing

This is an original song from 2019. Still not perfect, but I like it.

I know my first one was an ORC remix instead of a PRC, but it was my first attempt at a competition.

Thanks so much. Really, it is crazy how long this has been going on. I was in ORC20, 24, 25, 27, 31, 110 and PRC56, 58, 59, 65, 91. Thanks to doulifee who kept his website hosting bill paid and I was able to go back and save these years ago. I wish I could share all of them!

Great entries, awesome job guys. How long have you the entrants been writing music?

On 11/12/2023 at 11:55 AM, Bundeslang said:

Having trouble as well.

Here's my second entry, an upcoming remix of my first release with the alias "BRKPNT".
Many people know me for my entries in this contest, I thought that I'd show you what I worked on outside of OCR.
This is going to be released for the Anniversary edition of my first EP. Enjoy ! (That would also be my very last release ever)

Title : "Forgot My Phone on the Clouds (VIP)"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/163Kv7hUVcD6DWTAn0cH01gP9UdDZEVEU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by AxLR

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my PRC entry today and had quick progress already. It won't be great but it's a source I personally love and a style I think I can manage well with by myself without anyone's help, so that feels somewhat good and fun to work with. Maybe a bit outdated in terms of sound and production, but maybe because of that it'll help bringing a more 2000s music forums vibe that somewhat fits the nostalgia for those of you who kept submitting for decades :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just checked other people's tracks, lots of really good stuff there! So far my favorite one is perhaps the SMRPG jazz one, but everyone is going very creative and that's cool. The Godzilla one sounds totally familiar to me and couldn't figure out why since never played the games and know rather little about the movies, so I probably heard that from other people's covers/remixes, and that one sounds nice too.

A pity this is the final round now :(

Mine's in... :)

Original plan didn't completely pan out...but seemingly this holiday season, quite a bit has been a lil' fucky-wucky on my side of the aisle. :|

But something was indeed done, despite all that.

Uh...happy rest of the holidays, ladies and gents. ♥ Speak soon. :D

Got a last minute entry in.

This compo was a great learning ground for me when I was first getting started.  I'm grateful that I had the compo as a means to experiment and get feedback as a new arranger.  Knowing that it this was coming to a close, I had to do something even if it is small.

Thank you to @Bundeslang, @Doulifée, @Rexy and anyone else I may be forgetting who ran PRC at some point.