OCR/VGM Workout Music?

lordmoneyg

MINIBOSSES! Actually, any VG Metal is raw, obviously, so goat and Ailsean also leap to mind.

ffmusicdj has some good stuff for cardio workouts (running and so forth is a fine fit for steady techno.)

As far as anime goes, Trigun has some solid tracks for working out, and as usual, I do have to call attention to one Missus Yoko Kanno for her awesome work on the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack.

I've got a few suggestions:

X Tv OST

- eX dream (OP Theme)

- Battle

Ayumi Hamasaki - Because of You

Toshiro Masuda from Naruto

- The Raising Fighting Spirit

- Need to be Strong

- Strong and Strike

- Orochimaru -Fight-

Asian Kung-fu Generation

- Far off Distance (Naruto)

- Rewrite (Full Metal Alchemist)

Flow from Naturo (OP 4)

- GO!

Kotoko (from Re-Sublimity)

- Supperation (Core)

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

- Violator (Disc 1)

- Tatakau Monotachi (Those Who Fight, Disc 2)

- Sara ni Tatakau Monotachi (Those Who Fight Further, Disc 2)

- The Chase of Highway

- J-E-N-O-V-A

- Advent: One-Winged Angel

Rocky IV Soundtrack

- Burning Heart (Survivor)

- Heart's On Fire (John Cafferty)

- No Easy Way Out (Robert Tepper)

- Training Montage (Vince DiCola, hidden track)

- Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure Soundtrack

- Play With Me (Extreme)

- Two Heads are Better Than One (Power Tool)

Escape from L.A. Soundtrack

- The One (White Zombie)

- Blame [L.A. Remix] (Gravity Kills)

- Cut Me Out (Toadies)

- 10 Seconds Down (Sugar Ray & the Bluetones)

Transformers: the Movie Soundtrack

- Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way (Spectre General)

- Hunger (Spectre General)

*note: Spectre General is not the band's real name, the real band name is Kick Axe, who recorded the songs for the soundtrack.

ORANGE RANGE

- Kirikirimai (Album Version)

- Kirikirimai (Fantastic Four Remix)

- ~Asterisk~

- Viva Rock

Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG Soundtrack

- Rise

I think that's enough. Good luck.

A lot of bLiNd's stuff would probably work well. Specifically, I would recommend Aerofunkanamics from Kong in Concert. The well-placed screams and "hiya" sound-effects add to the general keep-it-up sort of mood that the song emphasises.

But it's not rock, so it may not be up your alley for this occasion.

Agreed. Also, bLiNd's "White Skies (Club Mix)" and maybe some of Rayza's mixes as well.

Eureka 7. Just because it has some of the best soundtracks in any anime ever. And the funky techno beats are perfect for exercise. At least for me.

yay I'm not alone :)!!

Though admittingly despite it I can't see myself working out to all the tracks O_o

something about track Sakura, with its short "Amazing Grace" used in the song.

...Wow. That's a lot of suggestions in one day. Finding all these should keep me occupied.

If you want something you can't understand the lyrics, listen to Rammstein.

See, I've heard enough German spoken that I can hear the different words. Same with Spanish. Well, pretty much any of the romantic languages really.

It's just hard to concentrate on keeping my limbs moving when my brain is trying to assimilate lyrics. Japanese and such still sounds enough like gibberish that the voice just becomes another instrument.

...All this makes me sound insane...

...Wow. That's a lot of suggestions in one day. Finding all these should keep me occupied.

See, I've heard enough German spoken that I can hear the different words. Same with Spanish. Well, pretty much any of the romantic languages really.

It's just hard to concentrate on keeping my limbs moving when my brain is trying to assimilate lyrics. Japanese and such still sounds enough like gibberish that the voice just becomes another instrument.

...All this makes me sound insane...

...or familiar. Usually the only lyrics I can listen to while I work out are those of rap or something silly like the Mortal Kombat theme (which you NEEEEEED to get, BTW.)

I didn't mention them in particular before when I was talking about VG metal, but Black Mages in a big way.

Also, I have to reemphasize what everyone's been saying about bLiNd being the shit for working out. I just got done listening to Industrial Fear from DK Country, and good God it was all I could do to not jump up and starting pumping out some pushups and shit. If I weren't in a Comp Lab here in school I probably would have done just that.

Personally, I found metal to be the best for working out due to the fast-paced drum beats....but stuff like DragonForce might be too fast if you don't want to push yourself that hard.

I do this regularly. And yes, I tend to push myself way way too hard. Do this if you're trying to kick your own ass big time.

Any Initial D soundtrack.

Perfect music to run to.

Or you could just find any eurobeat for that matter. Initial D mostly used liscenced eurobeat for its soundtrack. Or if you're stuck on it being in Japanese, just use any old J-pop, which is sort of like eurobeat's retarded half-brother. Ayumi Hamasaki's Ayu-ro mix for the best of both worlds.

While Dragonforce is just about the best thing to work out to EVER (though technically not game music or Asian, and with....sometimes understandable lyrics), SSH makes a strong second place, while also having no lyrics AND being from video games.

www.ssh.ne.jp. Just go to "MP3" and start clicking!

I alter the type of music I listen to depending on what type of workout I'm doing.

Running is usually stuff from Guilty Gear XX and the the Korean OST (I HIGHLY reccommend getting the Korean OST for general workouts, it sounds much more clear, and personally, I find that the beats are more conducive to motion than the regular GGXX tracks).

I also occasionally listen to the Super Smash Bros. Melee soundtrack when I'm running. The fresh sound of the live recordings is particularly energizing.

From Samurai Champloo, "Hiji Juru Style" WILL get your ass moving. I can't listen to that song and remain seated.

Typically I find music that's not so melodic, active listening-based to lift weights to. For instance, I listen to Street Fighter 3: Third Strike when I'm working with freeweights and cable machines. Nothing makes you pound your arms and legs harder than having the images of shoryukens going everywhere. The beats help maintin a healthy rhythm between sets as well.

When I'm working on standard weight machines or doing calesthenic sets, I'll put it on a variety of tracks from the OCR community. bLiNd's Extreme-G mix is in there quite a bit, as well as zircon's "Flying Heaven" (SF2:BotA).

Sometimes I'll just put on Yellow 13's session "Electrosphere" and listen to it throughouot the first half or so of my workout (it's an 55-minute long track).