OCR00750 - Final Fantasy VI "Eres des Points"

Ginnsu

Just simply put...DAMN!

Original, catchy and just pretty damn cool, djcrono hit the spot on this remix. It's one of those mixes that when you listen to, you'll love it or hate it. And I loved it. The French rapping over terra's theme and a bit of bass sounded very good. And if it has nonsense lyrics I don't want to know them, they just SOUND good. It's one of those times a voice is a good instrument. My only problem is that at the very end, it seems to get a bit jumbled together with the guitar, background AND rapping, so it made it a bit confusing. It was bold...but was it...daring?

Altogether, this bold and daring mix gets a 9/10, -1 for the confuzzeling and jumbled end.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha...i bet Crono is REALLY good with the ladies. I mean...im sure his music causes ears to have friggin orgasms...i know it happens with me :P!!!

Everytime i load up my OCR playlist and have listened to the 4 mixes by crono at least 5 times each...then i load up the site! Always checking if maybe he has anything new? I CRAVE for some new music by him...>_< its juuuusssttt sooooo goooooooood!!

Fuck, i think im gonna force my parents to buy me some keyboards and other equipment!

And btw...what exactly do you use to make your Purely Genius Orgasmic Remixes?

Maybe if i wanna get started i can get a good idea if i know what you use...sure i can always check the Remixing 101 section but id much rather want to know what the GOD OF REMIXES uses...

Thanx bro...it would be sweet if u replied to this...cause i really wanna know :P

Peace

-Vladdie

*checks DJ Crono's list of remixes again*

P.S. DAMMIT WHERES HIS NEW MIXES? :cry::P jk...hopefully there'll be some new ones out soon eh! Its prob lots of hard work so u need to take ur time ;) but ill be here, waiting patiently (ya rite :P)

Peace bro!

Well. What I use is a Roland XP-80 Keytboard, and for my programs, I use Cakewalk, and some samples from various Ejay programs I've found. But mostly, it's the roland, because Ejay's are only good for sfx and little voices and stuff. Other than that, you can't use them when creating melodies and bass notes. And, for anyone who wonders when am I gonna sumit new mixes (if anyone does), I have no idea. I just moved to L.A. aaaaand, I'm so busy living and in this new relationship and getting my modeling career and music career off the ground, that, well, I have a lot of new original songs, just not really remixes. Actually, that's not entirely. I may submit my Zelda remix. Maybe not, I don't know. I'm also collabing with prophetic too on some stuff. I don't know when that's gonna hit off though. Ok then, talk to you guys later.

~DJ Crono "Jovette Rivera"~

• 3 months later...

all right, I am sick of people that are narrow minded "I hate rap so I hate this remix" Fuck that, all my non gaming music is blaring death metal, but Hell I am not so blind, I like this piece, its not BORING like most of the OVERDONE terra remixes... I swear to god If I here someone bringing in another piano Terra remix and call it new, I'm going to fucking scream.

Also, Every goddamn hip hop artist samples shit, like Crap Daddy... People just need to chill about that.

• 5 months later...

I just listened to this remix and was really diggin it until the singing or talking started. I have to say that with all of DJ Chrono's mixes I have listened to they are great until all the sampling and lyrics come up. Please, just stick with your orchestration and give up on your "rapping".

• 4 weeks later...

*sighs* ok, Chrono, sweetie, i'm dying to know: of all the kick ass things you could have done with such a sweet mix, why FRENCH RAP??? i mean, to begin with, that's just a contradiction in terms. the french CAN'T RAP, simply by definition. i mean, not that there's anything wrong with rap- it's just the french part that bothers me. otherwise, this is a really great mix.

• 3 weeks later...

A francios? (Spelling?)

Sa Bon!

Tres Chaud.

(That's all the french that I can remember that I can apply to this post, unless you want me to start introducing myself...)

But really though, a very sick beat and scratching. (More for hip-hopers).

Would of been better in English though.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All in all, I think it was a very decent mix, and I am surely no fan of rap. My only complaint, though, was that Chrono seemed at a loss for lyrics.

Did anyone else notice that the lines are very short with long pauses between? Rap is just the opposite, when they Never stop "spittin' out lyrics" (memories of that 'jump' song come to mind).

Over all, the lack of lyrics hurt the song in the rap fasion more than lean it toward the genre. He could have at least repeated some to fill in those uncomfortable pauses. Makes it sound kinda silly at times.

But I degress. Thumbs up on the mix. Keep up the good work, and take no offense, just use our criticism to better your future works, Chrono.

• 1 month later...
All in all, I think it was a very decent mix, and I am surely no fan of rap. My only complaint, though, was that Chrono seemed at a loss for lyrics.

Did anyone else notice that the lines are very short with long pauses between? Rap is just the opposite, when they Never stop "spittin' out lyrics" (memories of that 'jump' song come to mind).

Over all, the lack of lyrics hurt the song in the rap fasion more than lean it toward the genre. He could have at least repeated some to fill in those uncomfortable pauses. Makes it sound kinda silly at times.

But I degress. Thumbs up on the mix. Keep up the good work, and take no offense, just use our criticism to better your future works, Chrono.

Buddy, I don't believe that you have a clear idea about what this mix is about. Crono isn't actually rapping. Those are sampled sounds from E-Jay, faux scratched over the remixed track.

Cette remix est trés bonne, c´est une idée brilliant faire une remix avec lyrics de francais. C´est bon. Dj Chrono, tu est fantastic.

If my frenchteacher see this, I´m gonna be killed cause of the horrible grammar.

Overall a very good, funny and very different remix. Now that we have a Terra remix as a rap-version, I think we got all the genres here. The only complaint I have is that the scratches sounds like Lemmings being killed.

Nice work Dj dude. 8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I signed up for the forums to say just this.

I like DJ Crono. But I don't like this. I think it's garbage. That's all.

If you didn't like a particular mix, please refrain from using an insulting or offensive tone. It's okay to say you wouldn't recommend a mix, would never listen to it again, etc., but making personal attacks or posting extreme and non-constructive reviews like "this sucks" etc. is not cool. Just try to keep things civil - again, this makes everyone's life easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I have listened to this mix at least once a day since I got it about 3 or 4 months ago. I wanted to sign up just to say how much I love it. I'm not good at analyzing mixes and have only played with sound editing in my sound class when I was in high school. All I can say is that this song has feeling and power. 8.5 billion out of 10 :wink:

• 5 months later...

one of my favorite aspects about this site is that you never know what you're going to hear. i just dl'd one of the torrents and the moment i heard this song, i knew it was a winner. this unique remix is what makes ocremix beautiful.

if this was original rapping, it would have beaten out my favorite remixes within mere days. still, though, this is a great remix in terms of implementation and beat.

• 11 months later...

Rap (not my style), French samples (uh, nah), those crazy scratches (wtf?), and Terra's theme (overdone) . . . all points as to why I should not enjoy this. I didn't think I could like it, but against all logic, I do. Though I do like it, I find it difficult to say exactly what in this remix makes it work. Maybe that it's one of the most unique remixes on the site, pretty catchy, well arranged, and not boring.

Honestly, I tried to hate the absurdity and craziness, but I failed. I put this down as a "guilty pleasure" remix. You may not want to admit that you enojy it, but really, you do. Admit it. :D

• 6 months later...

This song is awesome. I like to crank it when I'm driving through the city. It's got a sweet beat and is just a really fun remix to listen to.

BTW, if you don't like rap or hip-hop... um... maybe you can refrain from comment? After all, you're biased against the song before you even start, really.

• 3 months later...

I've listened to quite a few remixes on this website, and it's not all too often that I deem any worthy of downloading onto my MP3 player.

This one is a no-brainer.

That bass line is active like a mofo, the scratching is tight, the guitar complements perfectly.

Whoever said this was very much akin to something Linkin Park might do was right on the money.

Job well done. I'm off to see if you have posted anything else on this site.

• 1 year later...

I don't know how, I should not like this song, I think rap sucks, but this site surprises me time and time again, and it does show me that I do like almost any genre. I don't know what the lyrics are, and I'd like to have them, but in the meantime, they sounded pretty cool, with the French lyrics coming in a little noticeably when I realised that I didn't make out a word of what just played. But honestly, I loved it, the theme in the background sounded very cool, and the lyrics felt like they were meant to be there. The guitar in the music, mainly at the beginning sounded very hip-hop (another genre I can't stand) and it sounded great. At about 2:33, the electric guitar comes in, that brings in a nice change into the song, while the song stays at the same speed, if feels like it's speeding up, which was an effect I really loved. Seriously, kudos to you, I should not have liked this one at all, and I thoroughly enjoyed it since the first time I heard it.

• 4 months later...

I need to follow this up, this has just been growing on me, massively. I don't get it, I should not be liking this. It's rap, and in another bloody language!!! Yet I'm hooked to it, especially that electric guitar towards the end, I love that the most. Man, I seriously don't know how, but I needed to praise you once more, since this is the most surprising remix that I like. Anyone reading this should really give this one a listen, I'm so surprised as to how much I've become attached to this song (lol and the electric guitar).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I just can't do it, most remixes on this site make sense to me in some way or I can see what they were going for. This one takes probably one of Nobuo Uematsu's greatest musical triumphs and completely obliterates it. I will state this up front, I am not a fan of rap and most of it I find completely irritating (so there is no doubt some bias), but I understand its purpose and function. (For example the Asterix Niggaz 4 Life remix is fun despite its genre due to its originality and goofy lyrics).

I realize this remix is rather old and I hate posting negative reviews, but I felt like I needed to say something about this one in particular because of how much it truly bothered me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00750 - Final Fantasy VI "Eres des Points"