Brandon Strader

Final Fantasy III (Finish Song or Risk Being Cut)

355 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sagnewshreds said:

And so the saga continues.

This particular saga is ended; Brandon has requested removal of his mixes from OCR, and we have decided that it makes sense, given his continued reluctance to admit any wrongdoing and continued insistence that we are in some way at fault / corrupt / whatever.

Put frankly, I don't trust him, I don't believe he learned anything from any of this, and I believe he'd just do it all over again in a heartbeat the next time something came up that he didn't like, didn't understand, misinterpreted, etc. As much of a fan as I am of the music he personally has released via OCR, which we have stood behind, and the albums he has coordinated... if I'm taking time away from my daughters to work on OCR, it has to be for the music, for the site, and for the community, not for the twisted ego & paranoia of a single artist intent on stirring up drama, baiting people, making unfounded accusations, etc.

I am willing to endure quite a bit for the betterment of OCR, and I realize that not ALL of the tasks that I'm responsible for are going to be fun, or enjoyable, or without controversy, but I cannot be expected to indefinitely babysit the fragile ego/psyche of someone who continuously makes bad faith accusations without evidence and sees no fault in his own actions, not to mention a LONG history of claims of harassment by other community members, abusive behavior on the forums, etc.

We will be mailing FF3 artists as well as collaborators who have worked with Brandon on posted mixes, as those will remain on the site unless a consensus decision to remove is reached by all parties. Existing published albums are unaffected by this process.

It's sad, but my goodness... I can't be expected to have unlimited patience and tolerance, nor can our staff. Long time coming. Time to move on.

Yeah... I'm not going to delay my track's release any longer. Strader wants to include it on a separate release, cool, but I'm not going to keep it in limbo any longer because of stupidity. 

Sagnewshreds and Mirby like this

It's sad to hear. It's his choice, though, and I'll respect it.

I do hope the album is amazing off-site, though.

djpretzel and HoboKa like this

On 9/29/2016 at 0:52 AM, Gario said:

It's sad to hear. It's his choice, though, and I'll respect it.

I do hope the album is amazing off-site, though.

It'd be weird NOT to wish the album well... so I do as well :) And I hope many artists choose to submit their arrangements here.

An email will be forthcoming on the logistics of all of this.

On 10/2/2016 at 6:16 AM, djpretzel said:

An email will be forthcoming on the logistics of all of this.

I created a track for this and was just about to release it when I remembered this thread. Is there any way this will start moving somewhere soon-ish, or should I just go ahead and release my track in stead of waiting?