JUDGANATOR Feedback, Bug Reports, and Your Judgements (April Fool's!)

DarkeSword

I for one am outraged at the new automatic judging system. I spent at least 500 hours of my precious time arranging 'fuck.mp3,' so much time in fact that I forget what the song sounds like or what it was even a remix of. For those wondering, yes, that IS possible. Only to be NO'd by the JUDGANATOR.

The new ARSE system is a no go. Somebody needs to do something about this.

Did you try working on your track and resubmitting?

It said my ReMixer name was "Uncle Tom," (which is not true; I go by ectogemia) and it called me "boy" a few times. I haven't been talked to like that since the 1950s. This is unacceptable honkey bitch-ass bullshit.

Need a screenshot. If you have one we can kick it back up to the devs, but I don't believe "Uncle Tom" and "boy" are actually in there.

Wait, have the moderators been fired as well, or is it time to engage in a sort of Hunger Games to make sure that only one of us lives?

Nope, we're still around. vBulletin's a piece of crap. No way to automate moderation. Sorry guys, if you're looking for BANANATOR, I'm the best you're gonna get.

Edited by DarkeSword

Wait, have the moderators been fired as well, or is it time to engage in a sort of Hunger Games to make sure that only one of us lives?

Whoops Joe, thought you knew, no need for any kind of moderation now, not even the automated variety, as the workshop is being done away with. Hope you enjoyed your short stay on staff, I know I did!

Btw Bananator is already operational, has been for a couple of months now. We just never announced it. Careful what you say, folks! :twisted:

YES (conditional on rewriting the entire mix from the ground up)

Congratulations on the new super improved process! I can't believe it, I finished a ReMix today and it's already passed!! Now all I have to do is rewrite the whole thing, it should only take me about 1.5 years to do, and then it will be ready to be posted. Can't wait!!! :-D

I submitted one of mine, and all it said was

[highlight]NO[/highlight]

:(

EDIT: I did some revisions real quick and resubbed, and it said this:

"Gotta refine your sequencing and orchestration. Don't rely on expensive samples to carry things. I'm a simple script with simple needs - this has nearly everything I want in a submission and then some, especially the tempo and reverb. It's also worth pointing out, the transition to the chorus around 1:30 reminds me a little bit of Vampire Killer, only a lot fresher, not some "Good Vibrations" vocal sample. It's a bit shocking to hear how technomangaesque the adjustment to electronica was, but there's no doubt it was pulled off epically.

Some people who hate interpretive arrangements might say " All this buildup up to 2:10 for a crappily sequenced cover with generic beats?!? Goddammit, this just isn't my day. Listened to the whole thing, but it doesn't merit anymore beyond this. I'm too busy trashing it. Bad everything. Even the strings coming in again at 3:32 are only a drop of decency admist this default crud. I'll never get those 5 minutes back. Fuck. ", but they are FOOLS. All they do is unstoppably complain about their silly taste in music. Well, There is just the right amount of cowbell

\m/ \m/ \m/

YES"

I'm really impressed by the amount of you guys put into this thing. and I'm really glad it shares my love of cowbell :)

Edited by KingTiger

what I submitted.https://soundcloud.com/paperbagfencesitters/whippin-out-my-gay-voice

and THIS is the "verdict."

I liked the Eastern-style groove you opened with. I'm a simple script with simple needs - this has nearly everything I want in a submission and then some, especially the drum loops and harp. It's also worth pointing out, the transition to the chorus around 1:30 reminds me a little bit of Stickerbush Symphony, only a lot fresher, not some FL Slayer. It's a bit shocking to hear how pretzelly the adjustment to hard rock (so hard it hurts) was, but there's no doubt it was pulled off exceptionally.

Some people who hate interpretive arrangements might say " The drums in particular lack punch and highs. ", but they are FOOLS. All they do is smoothly complain about their face-palming taste in music. Well, Your synths need some humanization.

\m/ \m/ \m/

YES

- Thus spoke JUDGANATOR, on 2014-04-01 at 12:22:08

obviously flawless execution on dem harps.

I can't believe you managed to take something in the genre of yacht rock and turn it into a enlightening bluegrass version of the source! Tl;dr. Pass.

The countermelody really began here, and I can't stop listening to the section with the ripped flanger. Even Liontamer will want to put this on their mp3 player. I wouldnt call the production "strong," but it's certainly adequate, and the arrangement pushes it over the edge.

This is going to make this song more popular than Green Hill Zone. Just wait until it hits YouTube! You'll forget all about OCR in a heartbeat with your gazillion views!

WE GOTTA GET THIS KID ON ITUNES!!

YES

- Thus spoke JUDGANATOR, on 2014-04-01 at 10:04:08

I submitted my last place compo track and this is what I got!

My dreams are finally realized! Clearly Judganator is best judge!

Edited by kitty

Dear lord, what is this THING!?! Overall this was really impotent, and I think that the saw wave sounded a lot like ass-dumping soporific pads that not even John Tesh would use. Also, while in your head it may have been a good idea to make a yacht rock Terra mix, this is the worst example of not only the source, but also the genre.

I applaud your commitment to avoid mediocrity, but would have preferred you to have made a very thick mix as opposed to a very ass-dumping one. Shamefully bad. This is the best Shaq-Fu remix I have ever heard, but unfortunately, the source is not from Shaq-Fu at all. Somewhat confusing!

at 1:35 the piano is playing an Ebm7 and the guitar line incorporates a B natural and an E natural. Wrong mode dude, we're in Eb dorian.

NO NO NO

we will we will NO u

NO

- Thus spoke JUDGANATOR, on 2014-04-01 at 13:06:27

I for one take issue with the new system.

There's a big bug in the program, I got a YES.:mrgreen:

Finally it happened.

When does my mix get posted. Will this take a year or how long is the average. I would like to have it posted (if possible) on the 13th of June, since that is the same day I got my first OLR posted as well. But if you have another day in mind that's fine for me of course.

I've always dreamed about this, finally it has happened. Thank you so much. Even though I haven't done a remix in the past four years, finally an old mix of my got passed. And it was my shortest mix as well.

Edited by Bundeslang

I've always wanted to contribute to OCR, and I was finally able to summon up the courage to submit the song I have been working on for the last 5 years entitled "garbagetext.txt.mp3". I just knew that Judgenator would be capable of impartially evaluating my "jazz take on Ice Cap", and I was not disappointed. Judgenator even recognized my "aromatic prelude".

Thank you OCR, thank you.

I managed to sneak an actual picture of Judganator.

EOwN4pW.png

That's...a screenshot of a show on Cartoon Network. You know that Judganator is just an application running on OCR's servers, right? :whatevaa:

Does it automatically reject trance remixes?

No, that's absurd. Why would it do that?

Guys, the Submissions Standards haven't changed. Everything that you could submit before you can submit now. That means trance remixes are okay. Judganator is a replacement for the panel, but it doesn't represent any kind of radical shift in the site's mission or its policies.

First this happens when I submit my six year WIP of Traverse Town:

It's hard to believe, but even Chimpazilla wasn't immediately badass as an artist at the very beginning. You're not close to the bar yet, but don't get discouraged.

The stellar Soundgoodizer that introduced the piece at :09 led both myself and definitely some other judges to think that this was going to be state-of-the-art orchestral. Things were going well until you artifically dropped in POSER, COMPLETELY INAUTHENTIC CHIPTUNES 2 minutes in. Oof... There is not nearly enough compression and reverb on this! :-(

I do want to say that I could have done without the RAD TIMBALE LICKS. And just get rid of the ashamed Justin Bieber. I mean, does this want to be orchestral then, or something else? Cohesiveness is the key.

You're not close to the bar yet, but don't get discouraged. If I can offer some advice to get you through the tough times -- Vocal haters.

No, please resubmit

NO

Then, when I go back and do some autotuning, I get this in my feedback:

The judges can't DJP.

The judges can't DJP.

This is a major hardware flaw, and frankly I'm surprised no one caught this before release. If my robot reviewer can't even muster the energy to have good dance moves, then I for one, refuse to accept it. Count one of your long time supporters out OCR. There are way better places on the internet that can and will support my amazing talent, and that have people running it who know how to move their head to the rhythm the way this site never will again.