OCR02278 - Metroid "Suite for Violin and Piano"

djpretzel

Wonderful! Is this the longest piece on OCR now?

Consider that the original youtube ReMix video had a runtime of 9-minutes-some-odd in order to accommodate the old upload time limit, as well as the record-holder for longest OC ReMix at the time (Disco Dan's 'Blue Lightning'). Consider now that I was just asked for an extension of that video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A classical duet! I absolutely love it when a violin is played, and so this mix makes me pretty happy in itself. It is incredible that they pulled off a nice 10+ minute track out of Metroid music. You can definitely see the skill exuded in this mix, as any mistake in these two instruments stick out like a sore thumb and that these are the only two instruments highlighted. Great job by Gabe and Sam here!

• 6 months later...

It isn't very often that a mix can make me smile... ESPECIALLY when it comes to transitions between sources. I found myself smiling more and more as the mix progressed (especially at/during aforementioned transitions) Excellent playing from both mixers... or should I say artists? You guys are on top of your games. Please, for all of our sakes, continue what you're doing.

• 4 months later...

I think my mind just broke. No, seriously, as someone who actually does like classical sounding music, especially ReMixes with piano and violin, this ReMix is unbelievably awesome! Lots of class and excellent production that sounds top-notch, this ReMix is worth every minute in my opinion. And with eight sources and a ton of variation shown (such as change of pace and direction, with amazing transitions), this ReMix should probably go down as one of those songs you put in an OCR classics or greatest hits realm. Not kidding.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02278 - Metroid "Suite for Violin and Piano"