ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

I'm a huge fan of the Metroid score, and I see this mix as a long, hard look at what makes it so great. And when I say long, I don't mean in the mix's length, as this is yet another AmIEvil mix that is petrified of outstaying its welcome.
By playing around with the time signatures, this mix really shows off the original piece's complexity in its simplicity, which is what I love. It shines some new light on it and musically examines it at a magnified level. However, besides the variance in time signature, there is little to no actual difference in terms of arrangement, which I can live with. It's been given a more refined pace, a cleaner sound and a hell of a lot of bass. You could do worse to a classic.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

The first 21 seconds are seductive as both Kraid's Lair and windy ambience creep forward. In general, the arrangement gets some natural, orderly extrapolations in 4/4, but the slower tempo makes it surprisingly tiresome for me. It's also a shame that the bass pulsates so strongly it intrudes on the chill mood set by the percussion (although it better controls itself at 1:04).

Not as balanced as I'd prefer, but at least the beat stays as sexy as Samus's prostitute-like outing.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Jay
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

I was initially disappointed with this mix several years ago, but listening again with a greater appreciation for the atmospheric groove set forth, it is now one of my favorite Metroid ReMixes.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Jesse Mitchell
Little Mac (+900)

Send a message via AIM to Esperado Send a message via MSN to Esperado
that funky bassline is keepin me awake! i dont hate it. :D

Click for Mah Muziks

Tags
dark, funky, synth, tempo-slow