CALLING ALL REMIXERS: let me butcher your music!!!!

DrumUltimA

Okay, so here at Peabody I'm taking a computer music class, and my final project for this year is to write one piece for our end of the year concert. Well, I'm riddled with tendonitis so trying to learn a new piece would be bad, so I decided to do a remix.

Here's how it works. I'm remixing a track from Drakengard. Those of you not familiar with this game, the music is all derived from recordings the Tokyo New City Orchestra made of orchestral staples--mahler, dvorak, beethoven, mozart, and the like. The two composers for this game took these recordings and spliced them all up, building new compositions out of small samples made of edited audio data.

I'd like to do the same. My conception is to remix a track from Drakengard, using only samples I take from OC ReMixes. Therefore, I'd be making an arrangement out of an arrangement (of samples) using an arrangement of samples from arrangements of video game music. See how many times I used the word arrangement? That's really cool. But I would like to make sure that people are okay with this.

So who here is definitely willing to let me use their music, and who here is definitely not willing to let me use their music? I'll probably contact musicians who don't reply here directly if I do want to sample their mixes--however if I know you definitely want me to keep my hands off your stuff, I will respect that.

Of course, I will be citing every piece I use, and every composer, and every game, and every OverClocked Remix, etc.

So who's game?

EDIT: if you don't want me to touch your stuff but aren't comfortable posting it here, feel free to PM me :)

Those of you not familiar with this game, the music is all derived from recordings the Tokyo New City Orchestra made of orchestral staples--mahler, dvorak, beethoven, mozart, and the like. The two composers for this game took these recordings and spliced them all up, building new compositions out of small samples made of edited audio data.

Whoa, fuckshit. I never cared for this game too much but I think I'm going to have to go back to it now.

That's interesting about the Drakenguard music. I just remember the same 20 second loop playing over and over again. It was a good 20 seconds of tunage, but then got REALLY ANNOYING. Sort of analagous to the gameplay....

You can use any of my stuff.

I also have a bunch of originals already sliced into seperate tracks/pieces and in zips already on my webspace if you are interested in something broken apart that much. Let me know.