OCR00965 - Chrono Cross "Dreamer"

djpretzel

Ooooh....listening now. Very smooth. I can see what DJP is talking about with the hi-hat. It really works well with the guitar to give this piece momentum. 1:12 is especially sweet; nice marchy beat you got there.

The percussion really makes this piece; granted everything else is top-notch, but for me, it's attention to the hats that makes this one a keeper.

Around 2:30 is nice too, coming out of the break; I really like the subtle choir pad in the background. Excellent.

As I am often inclined to say:

SOLID!!™

Very nice, but those aren't triplet beats on the hi-hat :wink:

Glad to see another non-electronica piece. I've been meaning to make a South American style remix, and seeing as how Starblaze's mellow-but-groovin' mix made it onto the site, it gives me even more incentive! 8)

They're triplets, but thanks for your comments. :wink:

*listens to it again*

Oh! I get it now, the very quick trills on the hi-hat are triplets. I thought dj Pretzel was refering to the main hi-hat beat, but that's in sixteenth notes. Ok, sorry for the confusion :)

I just had to post and tell you how much I liked this one. A lot of Chrono Cross remixes are like, "ok", but yours stood out for me. I love how relaxing it is, and it's good that you used a different song besides the intro because of all the great music there is in Chrono Cross to choose from. So yea..um...it was awesome.

you did beautifully on this, starblaze

i was in a horrible mood and having terrible headaches when i got up and i listened to this song for the first time and with the beautiful acoustic music, etc everything just seems to melt away

this is an awesome song, man

It's not every day that I call something stunningly beautiful (at least, not in the music world). Today, I see fit to bestow that compliment on Starblaze's "Dreamer."

I love the "Voyage" theme from Chrono Cross, and have been dying to see justice done the piece. Thanks to Starblaze's masterful mastering, I finally have it. Everything is clear, crisp, and right on. The acoustic lead is superb, the flute that picks up the melody is outstanding, and the drum track couldn't get better.

But what really sets this piece apart is the beautiful piano line. It adds a peaceful element to the melody as it plays the first time through, while the original piano solos give whole new dimension to the piece.

The whole song is beautiful, lilting, calming, and heartfelt. If people out there are like me, they're big fans of emotionally charged music. Therefore, they should love this piece to pieces.

Thanks again to Starblaze for this amazing rendition of one of my favorites.

First of all, I don't like the original song. It's too much "IN YOUR FACE" in comparison to the rest of the OST. The lead is annoying, grating, and doesn't mesh well with the strings IMO. The percussion feels like it's trying to drill a hole in my head with the overly loud bass drum and boring tambourine.

Dreamer, though, has a pleasant tone and feels almost like what a lot of people have been describing. It's calm, soothing, and helps give off the pretense of relaxation. The strings and flute (I'm assuming that's a shakuhachi) are very pleasing to the ear. It's very simplistic, but so was "La Ballade de Cyan" and I love that one also (yes, I know it's not by you -- I'm just maing a point).

Very good mix -- very relaxing and soothing. It's a nice contrast to the more epic or in your faces mixes on the site.

Keep it up.

Hey Rebirth:

You're the first person to ever mention the piano solo =P It's funny, I thought maybe I'd sent the wrong version of the song or something because no one was saying a THING about it, good or bad.

:?:lol:

It's not every day that I call something stunningly beautiful (at least, not in the music world). Today, I see fit to bestow that compliment on Starblaze's "Dreamer."

I love the "Voyage" theme from Chrono Cross, and have been dying to see justice done the piece. Thanks to Starblaze's masterful mastering, I finally have it. Everything is clear, crisp, and right on. The acoustic lead is superb, the flute that picks up the melody is outstanding, and the drum track couldn't get better.

But what really sets this piece apart is the beautiful piano line. It adds a peaceful element to the melody as it plays the first time through, while the original piano solos give whole new dimension to the piece.

The whole song is beautiful, lilting, calming, and heartfelt. If people out there are like me, they're big fans of emotionally charged music. Therefore, they should love this piece to pieces.

Thanks again to Starblaze for this amazing rendition of one of my favorites.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00965 - Chrono Cross "Dreamer"