OCR01836 - Chrono Trigger "Corrupter of Time"

I obviously judged this mix, but up until reading the writeup and Dave's point about the arrangement, it didn't really hit home with me that this was a Zeal mix. The creativity of the arrangement ideas here was a testament to how you can never call a theme overmixed; someone from the community will always find a new and interesting way to interpret a tired and true theme, and I'm always collectively proud of everyone involved when it happens. Nice work on this one, Joren, great energy!

YAAAY! I remember seeing this on the wip forums, downloading it, and being blown away. It's about freaking time!!!

Yes, Corridor of Time has been mixed to hell and back. But this mix... It's one of the best mixes of this theme out there. (There's only one other metal/guitar version of this theme (and schala's theme, part two of that set) that I would even say is close - and that version is too repetitive to qualify, i think, to be a ReMix - but I love it in it's own way).

Anyhow, enough offtopic'ing. This mix rocks the house. If you love CT, and you hate Zeal, still... try this one on for size! The solo later on definitely has the metalica groove going on - a bit lighter, a bit fluffier, but still, good stuff. Excelent production work. Also sounds great on a pioneer car stereo at maximum volume - no distortion, so it was mixed fantastically.

Great job, and an excelent ReMix. Gogo April 09!

I remember when you asked for reviewers in the OCRWIP IRC room. It was good then. It's amazing now. I was reading djp's writeup, and saw that you said you had influence from Naruto. I was thinking "Ok, but I don't hear it..." and then bam, on cue, the shamisen kicked in.

But yeah, niiiiiice. I really love how it's not just heavy guitar, there's a lot in here.

Definitely a fresh take on a familiar theme, and it's awesome for it! The dramatic intro is fun and there's great energy and interesting little touches through the whole thing. The synth almost makes me think late MegaMan/early X series music, while the bit starting at 1:36 kinda reminds me of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. There's one note at 2:42 that makes the transition sound a little odd, but it's a small thing. Rockin' stuff, and proof that even the "overdone" themes still have all kinds of potential.

Definitely the kind of mix I can appreciate. It's full of energy, but with the exception of a few remixers, I've found that plain guitar mixes have kind of lost their appeal to me. That's where this mix shines - the extensive instrumentation really brings this song to a new level of awesomeness :)

I look forward to seeing what you can bring to the table in the future, and to the DKC2 remix album in particular. I'm excited to hear your track for that!

ABOUT FUCKIN TIME! (end of capitals) One of my favorite mixes from recent time. Reignited my long lost nostalgic luv for the Zeal theme. Always knew Tensei had it in him to make something awesome like this; with the prowess of tweek added to the processor this one is a keeper. Kudos on a ridiculous arrangement and general aesthetic.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01836 - Chrono Trigger "Corrupter of Time"