OCR01865 - Doom "Asphyxiated Soul"

Ponulian should change his name to Ponulion so that Liontamer can actually fit surprisingly well there. hahaha

But yeah man I was just saying because that's what I found out years ago when I first heard the original asphyxiated soul version. That it was also in a song by The Black Dahlia Murder. It's not exactly the same. But they are both from the same context.

Take a chill pill man I did nothing to insult you. Don't get all buck wild for no reason. haha

Besides I don't know completely everything about anything.

I mean c'mon dude I was merely stating my opinion. and putting up some references for other people who might be as interested as I was.

The church of euthanasia is some freaky stuff it seems. apparently they put up some post on their website about how to kill yourself using asphyxia and helium and a 54 year old woman died from it.. hahaha so they took it off. Wiki it.

Anyways yeah. You + Chill = Alright. =]

Your guitar/bass sounds work great here. I wasn't a fan of the spoken word stuff particularly but I can see how it works here; I just thought the cutoff before the spoken part came in was a bit too abrupt. The growling vocals are intense and well-performed, you should be proud of that! :D

This is a very cohesive package that fits together wonderfully and creates an ambient, dark song that I won't soon forget.

As far as musical arrangement is concerned, this is a very competent remix. The vocals, however, put me off greatly. I'm not a fan of growling, but that part was actually better than the rest. The spoken part is corny as all hell; the lyrics seem like something a 15-year old who thinks that watching horror movies makes him mature and that having the nickname "psycho" is the coolest thing on earth would write in his little black notebook when he's bored at school. The latin words make it even worse, turing the whole remix into a joke.

Sorry, but the vocals and lyrics absolutely kill this one for me. Instrumental version would've been much better IMO.

As far as musical arrangement is concerned, this is a very competent remix. The vocals, however, put me off greatly. I'm not a fan of growling, but that part was actually better than the rest. The spoken part is corny as all hell; it sounds like something a 15-year old who thinks that watching horror movies makes him mature and that having the nickname "psycho" is the coolest thing on earth would write in his little black notebook when he's bored at school. The latin words make it even worse, turing the whole remix into a joke.

Sorry, but the vocals and lyrics absolutely kill this one for me. Instrumental version would've been much better IMO.

Shaddaps. IF the vocals & spoken word stuff were pulled off in a beginner-ish way, I could be with you, but when it's pulled off well like this, you're just way off-base.

People always complaining... :lol:

Shaddaps. IF the vocals & spoken word stuff were pulled off in a beginnerish way, I could be with you, but when it's pulled off well like this, you're just way off-base.

People always complaining... :lol:

The way the spoken part sounds has absolutely nothing to do with how dumb the lyrics are or aren't. Just sayin'.

Oh please, it sounds perfectly fine. :tomatoface: If you had to think of the recording setting for unnatural vocals or sound effects, it'd be a permanent killjoy. But what's in place sounds pretty effective.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I'm not saying that the spoken parts sound bad because of the quality of the vocals or anything. What I meant is that the lyrics, the content, is so incredibly corny and stupid (IMO, of course), that it killed the mix for me.

Maybe my initial comment wasn't worded very well. I'll edit it.

God damn I like this one!

Desperate/dramatic/emotional music turns me on and this has all of those quantities to the extreme!

This kind of lyrics is surely naïve if you take it literally but I take this kind of music as "art of athmosphere" and this just perfect.

Beautiful stuff!

I remember digging some other Kadmium stuff back in VGM2 and I must say the production is much better (wasn't bad back then). Could be a track in any older Opeth or Anathema record...

• 4 months later...
Aah this remix es great!!! kadmium is a great remixer, can i ask you a favor guys??? can you post the lyrics for this song pleeeease, thanks and greetings from chile...

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01865/ click on lyrics :)

if you don't find it...

Weight
Salvation doth weigh
'Pon
Thy shoulders, flayed
Endure
This feast of decay
Grive
For the light of day

Sign of evil in this
godforsaken hole
Severed emotion from thy