OCR01957 - Final Fantasy X "A Fine Place to Live"

djpretzel

I'd say this is essentially a 20-bit ReMix - just take the PS2's thirty-two bits and the NES's eight and then divide by two.

Nice description. :-D

It doesn't quite feel as chiptuney to me, but still it's quite awesome.

I really like how everything is mellowly drawn out, really feels like some beach getaway music. Highly calming and eternal. Reminds me of, like, a very orange-red tropical beach sunset, the kind a person would watch while holding one of those drinks with a paper umbrella in it.

In the end, it's really cool, and I totally recommend it.

Thoughts from the Biznut:

I love the mellow light hearted feel of the synths. They are clearly defined while still sounding warm, a great contrast to the wash of fluttering melody lines playing behind most of this track. There are quite a diverse set of instruments in this arrangement, yet they all compliment the overall sound and flow of the arrangement.

And the end of the track had a little swoopy thing at the end. I don't know how to describe it, it was faint, and it was neat.

Nice chill mix halc!

I am like a giggly little school girl when I see anything by halc posted.

First off, the original theme is prolly may top 3 favs from the entire ffx soundtrack, so the initial sighting of this being the source got me excited.

I absolutely love the way things were kept mellow if you will, akin to the source, yet there are still many things happening at once, which I think halc has demonstrated he can do marvelously in previous work, such as that super awesome Outset mix. The main melody was preserved while a lot of additional components were added to enforce the chippy-ness, but also strengthen the track. I think this was done successfully, not sure what else I can say. Love it.

At this point there isn't a song I wouldn't want halc to get a stab at, and this is just another example of that.

Hrmmm, I don't know if I'm happy that I don't have the only Besaid Island mix on the site....haha, just kidding. It's a really under-appreciated song, so I'm glad to hear a different take on it on the main page. It took me a few listens to appreciate the chipness of this, but it's grown on me, and it's a fun enjoyable listen. Nice work.

I'll be honest, when I went through and mass-downladed all of Halc's mixes a while back, this one didn't necessarily catch my interest. But now that it's on the front page and I've had some motivation to listen to it again, I've realized what a good example of halc's talent it is. This just goes to prove that you can create a beautiful, lush soundscape with very minimal amounts of sounds if you use your samples right :-)

Keep making sexy stuff like this, man! x)

I enjoyed this remix quite a bit. The relaxed feel + the chip-tune parts are really my favorite. Also, not sure if this was intentional but that background sound at 1:18 sounds an awful lot like the warp star in Kirby (maybe someone else has already pointed this out, but I try not to read other comments until I post mine to avoid skewing my opinion).

Either way -- nicely done :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01957 - Final Fantasy X "A Fine Place to Live"