OCR02096 - Lufia II "The Very End"

djpretzel

Dave said it right that Lufia music works really well in this sort of genre. I love the gritty feeling of it, and combining it with the story of the game really adds a lot of emotion. There are a few points where I would have liked the drums to do some other rhythms that would have supported the melody better, but I think they do get the job done as is. Good listen!

Argh.. this theme (and this game) always makes me cry...!!!

There is much emotions in this song (the original and remix) and I keep seeing the ending in my head (one of the rare sad ending in a game!) while listening to this...

Great work, I'll keep this song preciously with me as it's well done and also because, sadly, Lufia is rarely remixed..

Love it, plain and simple.

I'm a huge fan of the Lufia series. I even sat through the bad graphics of the Gameboy Color's Lufia 3, and the horrible fail that was Lufia 4: Ruins of Lore just for my love of the first two games. So I'm ALWAYS happy to see more remixes from this series. Always.

This remix in particular grabs my interest. It's not so mellow that it's background music, but it's not so heavy that it gives you an adrenaline rush just by listening. Personally, that sort of mid-way on a very emotional source works perfectly.

As for those who have not played the Lufia games, try them. You'll never regret it. They are easily the best of the best RPGs for the Super Nintendo. Arguably better though less popular than the ever-loved Chrono Trigger. Lufia 1 and 2 are for the SNES, so I'd at least try those. Also, if you're new to the series, as odd as this may sound, play Lufia 2 first, because it's a prequel to Lufia 1 and makes more sense that way o.O

Anyway, amazing mix. Hope to hear even more from you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

...one of which is from Lufia 1 and 2 called "The Very End". It's nothing like anything I've done before or since; it's a mellow symphonic rock piece that to this day is still my favorite.

So he said in our interview... and I can see why he likes it. I love this track! Great work, Nekofrog!! Can't wait to hear more.

It's beautiful and haunting, with the same level of polish and finesse as his other tracks. A definite winner... This is a must-listen, must-download!

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those songs that manages to make me want to sit in deep, somber contemplation while simultaneously wanting to rock the hell out. This is definitely my favorite style of metal and it's one that, thankfully, you're extremely adept at bringing to the table. The orchestral elements work great as well, and the guitar tone is pretty much as good as it can possibly be. Altogether, a very cohesive package that I've got a hard time finding fault with.

Definitely my favorite Neko mix here :-D

• 1 year later...

Nekofrog is simply epic on guitar, he really is. This really has a "just before the real fight begins" feel to it, with melody and beat just waiting to break out. The fade out doesn't bother me considering the sound this brings. The voice clip was a little tough to hear, but really I can't find a problem with this ReMix. Nice work.

• 1 year later...

Listening to this brought to mind Dynasty Warriors for some reason, and I'll say it's mainly the guitar work. This is beyond solid, though - this is adamantly one of the top notched remixes I've heard, and from Lufia II!

And the only real gripe I have is the cymbals crash too much for me, but hell, combine it with the overall track and it fits anyways. So it's nothing but a trivial thing.

• 2 years later...

"Just rest; I'll hold you till the very end. I promise."

Emotion overload! I remember getting teary-eyed at the end of the game. It didn't even help that I had played the first game before, so I should have known how it would end. I think this line is perfect. What a great way to epitomize such a tragically epic ending.

I love this song. I've been listening to it ever since it was posted on OCRemix. The fadeout is rather abrupt, but I don't mind that it is a fadeout. In fact, I think it works really great given the title of the song. It seems to contradict itself, like an oxymoron. If this was the intention behind it, then hats off to the poet that you are.

The very end never really ends. We are the ones fading away.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02096 - Lufia II "The Very End"