Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Honestly? This stage to me looks like flat zone x 20 suck. who would ever be satisfied at the end of a fight on that stage? the stage decides who wins and loses.

Not really, you have to have skills to wing in a random stage.

I never got why some people hated some stages for tournament play. If you can play well, you should know how to exploit a stage to your advantage. Playing only in predictable stages means that you are too set in one strategy and cannot adapt.

If you can play well, you should know how to exploit a stage to your advantage. Playing only in predictable stages means that you are too set in one strategy and cannot adapt.

Exactly. Playing on Flat World or Poke Floats is no excuse.

Exactly. Playing on Flat World or Poke Floats is no excuse.

For those that follow tournament rules, the ban on Poke Floats was lifted ages ago.

Same goes for items.

This is true to some extent. I will be damned if I admit that someone is better than me if a Starman spawned on top of some douche bag opponent multiple times in the same match.

Yeah whenever I play smash with friends I demand we have items on low, and they all always complain. Personally I think it's actually a lot more fun with items. Anyway, this new wario stage is incredible. I can't wait. Still though, it makes me a bit sad that they've totally ignored what the wario games were REALLY all about, which were the "land" games. I hope at the very least you'll be able to switch into his old outfit if you like.

As long as he has a few good Warioland moves, I'll be happy. His forwards A (while running) move better be that Warioland shoulder-check thing that he does! Fwooshshoohwwoshooww! And his throws better look like he's throwing Warioland enemies! And he'd better turn into a ball and roll forever when you press down on a slope! oh wait, that last one wouldn't work too well in Smash...

I have no clue what his B-up move could possible be. Hopefully it's something both hilarious and non-gaseous. Same for his B neutral and his Final Smash...... now I'm all curious!!!

As long as he has a few good Warioland moves, I'll be happy. His forwards A (while running) move better be that Warioland shoulder-check thing that he does! Fwooshshoohwwoshooww! And his throws better look like he's throwing Warioland enemies! And he'd better turn into a ball and roll forever when you press down on a slope! oh wait, that last one wouldn't work too well in Smash...

I have no clue what his B-up move could possible be. Hopefully it's something both hilarious and non-gaseous. Same for his B neutral and his Final Smash...... now I'm all curious!!!

I agree with all of this. I say his down-B should be the body slam/pound thing, but we already know it isn't...also yeah, his barge ought to be side-B, but I'm pretty sure that's something to do with his motorcycle. Haha, maybe his B neutral could switch caps (/pots/whatever) between Bull Wario, Dragon Wario, Jet Wario, and so on, each with different abilities and strengths...and maybe really rarely it'll stick you randomly with one of his "hindrance" forms, like snowman Wario, fat Wario, tiny Wario, ball-o-string Wario...

And yeah, before you say it I know none of that will ever happen but you can't deny it would be amazing. Really I think they should just have his character entirely based on the Land games and keep the stage from Wario Ware to cover everything. Haha which reminds me, a Kitchen Island stage would be great.

Honestly? This stage to me looks like flat zone x 20 suck. who would ever be satisfied at the end of a fight on that stage? the stage decides who wins and loses.

agreed

it's funny how all these people have this misconception that everyone who plays in tournaments hates playing on anything other than final destination with no items, because they can't deal with them/they're scared of items/they don't know how to adapt.

to anyone who thinks this, im sure any good competitive player would happily play you with whatever rules you want, more than likely four-stocking you every round. if you live in the continental US, you can probably find something going on not too far away, just check the regional zones forum of smashboards.

we don't play with items off because we're afraid of losing to casual players. if someone is signifantly better than they're opponent, items will almost definetely not change the outcome. the items-off rule came about due to evolution of the metagame. people played in tournaments for a long time with items still on, and before everyone finally agreed to turn items off for tournaments, there was a huge and long debate about it. but as people got better and more competitive, the need for no items became more apparant.

also about only wanting to play on final destination: couldn't be more wrong. for the entire month of july, i went on a smash brothers road trip with friends from alaska to the lower 48, staying with a whole bunch of competitive smashers on our way to tournaments. pretty much EVERYONE we stayed with said they actually hate or dislike final destination because it's boring compared to the other stages. it's just stages like flat zone, icicle mountain and big blue that you just can't play seriously on.

i completey respect people who play casually, enjoying items and crazy stages. im just tired of people always saying that competitive players play the way they do because they don't want to adapt and because they're afraid they'll lose to casual players. you have to keep in mind that competitive players used to play just like you, and the way we play now is due to evolution of metagame over years of competitive playing.

i hope that cleared up some misconceptions, and that we can all just respect the different ways people play the game.

also, this video is way too good:

edit: oh crap i forgot to use capitalization

I dunno what his upB will be, but it looks like his dB will be able to aid his recovery. The more you've charged it, the more so. On melee, some characters had fBs that helped their recoveries. (Marth, Mario, Doc, Roy, Luigi, Pikachu, Pichu, Yoshi) Zelda, Ganon, and CF too, but in a different way. I think Wario's chopper may help him return to the stage, maybe in the manner of Yoshi's fB.

I dunno what his upB will be, but it looks like his dB will be able to aid his recovery. The more you've charged it, the more so. On melee, some characters had fBs that helped their recoveries. (Marth, Mario, Doc, Roy, Luigi, Pikachu, Pichu, Yoshi) Zelda, Ganon, and CF too, but in a different way. I think Wario's chopper may help him return to the stage, maybe in the manner of Yoshi's fB.

You forgot Fox, Falco, and IC. Oh and Samus' dB is sick for recovery!!!

And if you really wanna stretch it, I've seen Mewtwo's nB used very effectively for recovery. lol :lol:

agreed

it's funny how all these people have this misconception that everyone who plays in tournaments hates playing on anything other than final destination with no items, because they can't deal with them/they're scared of items/they don't know how to adapt.

to anyone who thinks this, im sure any good competitive player would happily play you with whatever rules you want, more than likely four-stocking you every round. if you live in the continental US, you can probably find something going on not too far away, just check the regional zones forum of smashboards.

we don't play with items off because we're afraid of losing to casual players. if someone is signifantly better than they're opponent, items will almost definetely not change the outcome. the items-off rule came about due to evolution of the metagame. people played in tournaments for a long time with items still on, and before everyone finally agreed to turn items off for tournaments, there was a huge and long debate about it. but as people got better and more competitive, the need for no items became more apparant.

also about only wanting to play on final destination: couldn't be more wrong. for the entire month of july, i went on a smash brothers road trip with friends from alaska to the lower 48, staying with a whole bunch of competitive smashers on our way to tournaments. pretty much EVERYONE we stayed with said they actually hate or dislike final destination because it's boring compared to the other stages. it's just stages like flat zone, icicle mountain and big blue that you just can't play seriously on.

i completey respect people who play casually, enjoying items and crazy stages. im just tired of people always saying that competitive players play the way they do because they don't want to adapt and because they're afraid they'll lose to casual players. you have to keep in mind that competitive players used to play just like you, and the way we play now is due to evolution of metagame over years of competitive playing.

i hope that cleared up some misconceptions, and that we can all just respect the different ways people play the game.

also, this video is way too good:

edit: oh crap i forgot to use capitalization

Bingo.

Also looks like I finally have some new study material for Captain Falcon.

I'm still amazed at how my friend manages to do vertical knees straight DOWN. The knee is his falcon's foward air. He uses it like it's the freaking Isai stomp.

Then again, he's pretty much mashing down on the joystick the entire match because he crouch cancels everything (including my Peach's d-smash, lol.)

Well no one was saying stuff like that until someone else came along and asserted that no one should be able to enjoy the wario zone since it does a bunch of different stuff.

You know what would be neat?

A stage creator.

Like, you could put up platforms/walls where you wanted... and choose the style (ie. what game the stage is from) to get a series of special effects or background thingamajigs... like, if you chose Mario style, you could put in a Bullet Bill cannon, or something... and maybe the stickers could manifest themselves into hazards of just background things to make things more interesting. Like, if you have a Starman sticker, you could just have shooting stars in the background.

Just occurred to me. It probably wouldn't work for a variety of reasons, but it's still entertaining to think about...