Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Agh, I have to stop reading these updates. With nine new characters already, there can't be too many more...

Might be 20, give or take a few. 9 new + 13 old (C. Falcon is included in this calculation) = 22 characters. If we're getting around 45, that means there's still about 23 unknowns in the mix.

Ness ç__ç I finished playing EarthBound some days ago...and now that I love Ness they maybe remove him :( nooo

(Hopefully, a Mother 3 fan trasnlation will arrive soon :P )

http://mother3.fobby.net/2007/09/29/very-important-news/#more-123

These guys are working on a translation. They were gunning for a release before Brawl came out, yet it sounds like they are gonna fall short so they can polish it and fix the bugs, which I can't complain, yet I hope they don't have some massive spoilers in brawl for mother 3.

Balloon fighter, he was going to be in melee inthe first place so there's a posibility he'll be here.

Though I wish they stopped revealing characters already, and released the damn game! i don't want to know all the characters, it will ruin the surprise.

Unless they have a friggin huge cast and they're not worried about releasing so many characters.

This update made me e-mail Nintendo for the third time about bringing Mother 3 to the US of A! I feel it was a rather good e-mail. Feel free to use it as a template, people.

Now that Lucas, from Mother 3, is a playable character in Smash Brothers Brawl, we certainly must see Mother 3 brought to America, right? As an Earthbound fan, I have been pretty anxious at being able to play the successor. And while you're at it, please put Mother 1 into the new import section on the Virtual Console.

You can put comment down as a reminder that there is support for this zany and awesome series.

Maybe I should write a poem. But since I have no talent, I'll put it in Haiku form.

Ness and Lucas Brawl.

Where is my Mr. Saturn?

Nintendo should know.

You see, I want the game so much I made a nice poem for you. And if you make the game available, I'll even open my wallet and pay for a copy. Heck, I may get two.

Yeah, I can keep going.

I really, really want this game. Hah, here's a 20 year-old begging you, Nintendo. Ok, maybe I should handle this more adult-like...

I grew up with you by my side, Nintendo. You were always there for me. Whenever I needed to jump on a goomba, you always came through. We were together forever. And now when I ask for one little thing, you fail me? (Ok, if you count "Power glove for the Wii", that's two little things.)

Mother 3, I want you. Almost as much as a I want a good block of cheddar cheese and some of those fancy crackers you can only buy during the Christmas Season.

Please come through, Nintendo! Mother 1, Mother 3, you and me!

Sincerely,

Jared C. Miller

The four hidden characters from the original Smash Bros. are still hidden, and may continue to be so until December 3rd. I think it's a throwback to the N64 game that we have to unlock them all again.

"But since I have no talent, I'll put it in Haiku form."

These four shall return:

Captain Falcon, Luigi,

Ness, and Jigglypuff.

Ness and Lucas will be the 2nd Ice Climbers.

Don't even joke about that.

One set of Ice Climbers is enough, lol.

Good to see some love for the Mother series. I was never really into it myself, but Ness was always fun to use.

Heh, I remember that picture.

But yeah I liked Ness too, but I'm all for the change to Lucas. At least in some form the Mother series is getting some kind of variety thrown into one of these games rather than just putting Ness in again. I loved Mother 3 and its bleaker but still distinctly Mother tone. I wouldn't mind if this was a sign that they were going to release it here after all this time.

On the whole I'm very happy with the new additions and modes in Brawl. I think I'm going to kill my GCN controller on it.

Ha ha -- my family's got several GCN controllers (five, I think), and you can tell which have seen the most Melee action by the looseness of the control sticks and mushiness of the buttons. The newest of the lot is my little brother's Wavebird, but he says even that one hasn't been the same since he started trying to set Homerun Contest records with it.

Well I think they may keep Ness in... Sakurai has a sick sense of humor, so hopefully he's in. The implication on yesterday's post could be surpass, as in be more skilled, or surpass, as in a more direct conflictual way.

Either way, if they keep adding new characters and have Ness and Jigglypuff I'd be happy.

Well, just Ness, but all the other regulars (except pichu, mewtwo and dr. mario) would be sweet.

I think I'm switching my opinion each day about Brawl, to the degree of how much awesomeness it will have...

Ha ha -- my family's got several GCN controllers (five, I think), and you can tell which have seen the most Melee action by the looseness of the control sticks and mushiness of the buttons. The newest of the lot is my little brother's Wavebird, but he says even that one hasn't been the same since he started trying to set Homerun Contest records with it.

Are there any places selling new Wavebirds cheap? You know, retailers that haven't realized WaveBirds aren't obsolete yet. I know WalMart was selling corded GCN controllers pretty cheap...

My Cube controllers are screwed, blued, and tatoo'd from close to 6 years of nonstop smash bros playing... DAMN MUSHY BUTTONS! GRAWR!

Betya money next updates going to be Ness just because they like to screw with us

kinda like how they did with Zero Suit Samus when everyone OMGWTFD on Samus's Final Smash everyone thinking Zero Suit is just a crappy Samus then next day they show that she isnt

so right now Lucas appears and people think they dropped Ness so today they will show Ness is indeed still in the game and is awesome

HAH! Snake wants to eat a Yoshi!

Ugh... and the last conversation about Wario is almost embarrassing...

Incidentally, I wonder what the final rating of this game's going to be? I'm thinking T (as with Melee) - after all, today's update does contain "suggestive themes", as it were...