Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Chaos: That fucking sucks!!! I hope you are able to get your money back or move your pre-order to another store.

I'm gonna go tomorrow and see what can be done. If I am able to get my money back I'm going to GameStop and reserving it there. I know they won't go out of business.

man that sucks, did you pay the full price for it too? or just the $5 down payment or whatever

I paid $40.

So uh yeah I better get my money back. I don't want no shitty store credit either.

Bigfoot, it should be said that you need your props for that. Back when those pictures hit the net, and one of my friends pointed out the sheer amount of ass viewable in Snake's jumpsuit. That idea was the very first thing that jumped into my head, someone making a video of Brawl trailers and gameplay and just shoving it into everything with 'DUN DUNNN'.

An hour later I was browing the thread and saw your original posting of that. Bless you, you magnificant person.

Haha, thanks :P I try.

Sometimes I wish Nintendo fucking shuts the hell up about Smash Brothers Brawl then drop the bomb when the game comes out. They're revealing a bit too much now. I wish they built up the hype ala Halo 3 or any other big releases in games nowadays. Give it the old Star Wars style no spoiler treatment.

Then don't look? I mean, the whole site is devoted to giving away info, it seems a bit odd to complain about them doing that. Nintendo remains silent on a lot of things, and this is a great way to keep the excitement steady. Plus, we don't even know how much we know. Really, we've not even seen half the amount of stages as were in Melee, and I'm sure we'll have far more in Brawl.

Also, I think Sakurai has officially snapped.

LANDMASTERRR!

Yeah. It's cool. My heart's aflutter.

Then don't look? I mean, the whole site is devoted to giving away info, it seems a bit odd to complain about them doing that. Nintendo remains silent on a lot of things, and this is a great way to keep the excitement steady. Plus, we don't even know how much we know. Really, we've not even seen half the amount of stages as were in Melee, and I'm sure we'll have far more in Brawl.

Also, I think Sakurai has officially snapped.

LANDMASTERRR!

Yeah. It's cool. My heart's aflutter.

Giving away info is good. AFTER the game is out maybe. Or at least tease. Now the site even gives detailed info on trophies and other intricacies of the game. They didn't need to go that far, no less probably reveal all the characters beforehand.

Maybe it'll live up to the hype, unlike Halo 3. They kept evrybody in suspense for three years, and look what we got. SSBM doesn't promise to be the game that remakes the world, it just promises to be a good, solid beat-em-up with tons of unlockables. From that standard, it'll be hard to really screw up, especially given past records.

Maybe it'll live up to the hype, unlike Halo 3. They kept evrybody in suspense for three years, and look what we got. SSBM doesn't promise to be the game that remakes the world, it just promises to be a good, solid beat-em-up with tons of unlockables. From that standard, it'll be hard to really screw up, especially given past records.

I think most Halo players think Halo 3 lived up to expectations, finally, compared to the Halo 2 disappointment from what I've read and played of it. Except for the story which was always vague since the first. And most hours of Halo gameplay is for online anyway.

I don't think they need to do much with SSB games really. Even if online mode isn't good, that's not what was expected of it. Even with the story, nobody really expects anything. Unlike all the talk of 'epic' when the talk of Halo came around. All SSB needs to do is put out a dumb, fun fighting system with any semblance of balance and it'll be good enough. Even the older SSB games, with almost distinct tiers and the general silliness was well received. It's not going to be any different unless they mess something up.

I don't think they need to do much with SSB games really. Even if online mode isn't good, that's not what was expected of it. Even with the story, nobody really expects anything. Unlike all the talk of 'epic' when the talk of Halo came around. All SSB needs to do is put out a dumb, fun fighting system with any semblance of balance and it'll be good enough. Even the older SSB games, with almost distinct tiers and the general silliness was well received. It's not going to be any different unless they mess something up.

actually, i think there's a lot of high expectations for the new single player! the previous single player modes were short and lacking for me. i hope the single player in brawl will be harder and lengthier and i hope it peaks my interest with its story. overall, i hope it satiates my needs and is a blast in the face to play.

i sure hope the story goes deep and is extremely gratifying.

Mmm, now I have an actual reason to scream "DO A BARREL ROLL" in battles to my heart's content.

You could make that one of your four "taunts" if they allow so many characters :D

Speaking of which. Since we won't have voice chat or whatever for online, we could sort of try and agree on some "taunts" as means of interaction.

Like for example have a "play again?" a "yes" and a "no" and a personal taunt, or maybe (again depending on character limit) display friend code. You know, for in case you play a random person (and you cant see their code). That way, when you liked playing someone you can exchange friend codes and add each other to yer list.

Of course these things won't be necesary if FC are always given, but as for taunts as communication, we should come up with something universal :)

The Landmaster? ...That seems entirely wrong for Fox. I was expecting an Arwing assault as his Final Smash. Who can object to a flight of Arwings flying in and blasting the hell out of everything? XD

Though to be fair, the Landmaster does work. And you can tell people to "GTFO MY LANDMASTER!" This may be more fun than I originally anticipated. >>

The landmaster final smash looks almost what I imagined about the excite truck thing yesrterday. O_O

I like the little bits of info they are giving. Some of you say that Sakuari is showing us way too much. I bet that we only know about 15% or less of the whole game.