Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I bet the world map is going to be huge.

Since you don't need to run through the story mode with every single character like in past games (because you pick up different characters through multiple paths) they don't really need to limit the length that much. This is going to be so epic.

Since you don't need to run through the story mode with every single character like in past games (because you pick up different characters through multiple paths) they don't really need to limit the length that much. This is going to be so epic.

...But what if you're wrong? What if the ending changes each time based on which characters you have? What if the characters you pick up change every time based on who you started with? What if there are HUNDREDS of endings?!

Damn -- this game is going to be so freaking amazing. I've gotta have it!

What I want from single player is more stages like Melee's Adventure mode Level 1, where it's basically a platformer with Smash controls. I really enjoyed that level (and the others like it).

Oh, and Sonic/Tails ftw. Sakurai would never announce something that big ahead of time...

I LOVED 2P mode in Kirby Superstar, and this is basically the same thing.

Awesome.

Yeah Smash Brothers control scheme was basically a complete rip of Kirby SUperstar (Which is fine since both were made by Hal.) I mean L or R shielding? Special powers that do different things depending on which direction you hold... Even most of Kirby's move set. It's no surprise that Hal made Kirby the most powerful character in the first smash brothers. I hope they just give him back some power for this next game, cuz man did he get nerfed.

Yeah, you could control Tails in S2. It wasn't technically an official co-op mode, but you could do it and help out your friend playing Sonic. Sonic 3 actually gave you a coop mode though.

This is pretty exciting. I wonder what that crpytic last sentence means exactly. That sounds pretty cool. I wonder if you can customize characters, or level them up in single player, somehow. Hmm. Interesting.

The first thing I thought when I read this was that equippables would play a role in the game. Different costumes, different weapons, all possibly affecting character stats. This game has enough RPG elements in it already; it would make sense.

The first thing I thought when I read this was that equippables would play a role in the game. Different costumes, different weapons, all possibly affecting character stats. This game has enough RPG elements in it already; it would make sense.

Man I hope not. If I want to play Soul Calibur 2 I'll go play Soul Calibur 2.

Though you have a point, what with Wario's bike, Samus' suit, Diddy's rocket barrel and popguns, et cetera. We still don't know how acquiring/recovering those is going to work.

I'm sort of expecting one "special item" for each character, though as usual I wouldn't be disappointed if I'm wrong.

Sweet ass freaking update. I just blew my pants.

Aside from that... did anyone notice that they ripped off Halo for the difficulty icons? Unless Halo wasn't the first place that was seen.

That's not ripping off of anything. I believe Quake III Arena did the same thing.

That's not ripping off of anything. I believe Quake III Arena did the same thing.

Alright, well its no original idea. They could've just stuck with their colour classifications.

And I didn't recall that in Q III, good to know.

Slightly off topic, what would you all think of a game along the same vein as SSBM, but using characters from other games, kind of an ultimate collab? A beat-em-up that versus the likes of Bionic Commando and Bonk, or Kingdom Hearts Sora versus Dante'? and so on. Do you think this is a bad idea?

Slightly off topic, what would you all think of a game along the same vein as SSBM, but using characters from other games, kind of an ultimate collab? A beat-em-up that versus the likes of Bionic Commando and Bonk, or Kingdom Hearts Sora versus Dante'? and so on. Do you think this is a bad idea?

if the gameplay is good then I'll buy it but otherwise might be a bit too huge

There are plenty of similar games to Smash Bros. DreamMix TV World Fighters has many similarities to Smash and features Konami and Namco characters, while Jump Superstars features similar gameplay to Smash Bros. with various anime characters. The Marvel vs. Capcom series, though the style of the game is different, takes characters from each of these universes and pits them against one another.

Hell, DreamMix even had Snake in it.

Why stop there? Why not include movies, TV, music and history icons? You can have Napoleon Bonaparte fight Erkel from Family Matters. Or maybe a Terminator versus Gene Simmons? (Crap, that sounds interesting now...)

I think it just becomes too broad at some point. Focusing on Nintendo's franchises is perfect, because their in-house games have some very strong followings and the characters mostly well known. Yet they have the common denominator of Nintendo behind all of them.

I'm a bit skeptical of the adventure mode simply because ALL fighting games ever made that tried it never put all their best efforts. Tekken 3 was as close to a fun adventure mode as it ever got and I think that type of game will happen here in SSBB. Nice addition, but not crucial at all. I bet they'll give the incentive in terms of specific trophies and unlockables though.

Why stop there? Why not include movies, TV, music and history icons?

Well...because those arn't video games.

It will never happen.

You know if I went back in time four to five years ago, and told all of you Solid Snake would be breaking Mario's neck in a future SSB title you'd all probably have called me a delusional idiot.

I'm not saying anything about what this series or idea is supposed to be or what it should be, and I don't know whats going on inside the heads of the people who make all this happen. All I'm saying is that you really never know what these guys are going to do at this point. "It will never happen." is seriously starting to become a pretty flexible statement in video games now.