Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

If Brawl has Sonic, how do you think they'd reveal it? Would they save it for the last week to create a lot of hype, or would they throw it out at some earlier point--maybe just hint at it? Or perhaps it would be a secret through launch?

My guess? The day after Sonic and Mario Olympics is released, as to not take any of the swagger away from that being their first cross-game.

If there are any third party characters other than Snake, I think it would be best for them not to be announced. Having third-party characters still being discovered a couple of weeks after the game is released would be the perfect way to ensure ongoing buzz.

If there are any third party characters other than Snake, I think it would be best for them not to be announced. Having third-party characters still being discovered a couple of weeks after the game is released would be the perfect way to ensure ongoing buzz.

Indeed.

Sonic is really a lot more possible than many think now, he was certainly more possible than Solid Snake before this. Imagine if that bombshell hit after the game was released.

this will be the craziest game ever if secret characters are still being unlocked a few weeks after release.

Too bad a Sonic reveal just would not have the punch and impact it would have had even a few years ago. It's really sad how far the Sonic games have fallen. Besides Sonic, if they're going that path, I wish they put in some little known types. I want Espio in a SSB game. Replete with his Mew Two type personality.

Why not? ZSS looks like she's going to be an interesting character, especially considering she technically has two official recovery moves (both whip attacks can hook a ledge).

I think she'll be a definite challenge to fight. Not to mention Snake already wants to jump her... how bad can she be?

--Jack Kieser

I'll be honest - I'm really glad the gun is toned down from what we were thinking from the trailers. Like, it's SUPPOSED to be an emergency pistol that does next to nothing except stun enemies - not some quick laser-whip that can allow you to cause more damage than normal samus can. Samus is really supposed to be a lot weaker without the suit. Glad to see that she is.

So, what time of day do they make updates at the Dojo?

I know it's not midnight (Eastern or Central), and it's usually before noon (Central, at least).

Actually, updates are at 12pm Japan.

And about ZSS, I think it was obvious that they were gonna use the stun gun. It came from Zero Mission, but remember that ZSS has to be less powerful than Chozo armored Samus.