Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR03183 - Super Mario 64 "Dire on the Rocks"

23 posts in this topic

2:30-2:31. You sneaky bros.

gotta keep it going =P

this track is super great! i love the care taken with each part, and how to make them intertwine.

So well mixed!  This comes across so nicely.  Kudos on the effort here.  Going to let this one roll on repeat for a while...

So awesome! I'm amazed by how you made something new for this source material. Feels so sunny and fresh. Keep it up, guys :)

From the name I thought it was going to be Katamari inspired or something. I could maybe see a bit of the feeling of some of the slower Katamari songs

Katamari or not, this is an awesome mix and arrangement of a great song

Love the music from SM64, and this remix does not disappoint. Listening to it, I feel like I should be out on a sailboat in the ocean watching a sunset.

Lovely, fellas. Really, that's all I can really think of. Some piano, some whistling windwork, some guitar, and you've set the stage for a beautiful ReMix that begins easily enough, but then continues to build and evolve as the mix goes on and get some awesome percussion and glitchy switch-ups going. I think bain_rex said it best, this is perfect sailing music in my mind, and I'll be gladly listening to this for quite some time.

I really love the calm, soothing vibe created with the guitar and that flute thingamajigger. This mix just has such a peaceful, relaxing mood that really does seem perfect for just chilling on the sea.

All of the performances sound great. As Vaizar said, very peaceful. The percussive tones are pretty cool and the subtle electronic work is a very nice touch. 

Really excellent, the performances are great. The choice of flute + acoustic guitars creates a very interesting and relaxing atmosphere. I didn't notice the electro elements at first, but they add a lot to the track. The percussion is also on spot. Lovely remix, nice job! :)

Just to clarify: for the percussion, the tones come from me doing hand percussion on the guitar, but Haroon did very extensive splicing. While I technically did play/record percussion for the first half, in the end it would probably be more accurate to say that I recorded samples, but haroon did the actual arrangement using those samples