What's everyone up to??

Meteo Xavier

Welp there is a lot happening in my life. For one I'm trying to write a soundtrack for a video game. Secondly I'm trying to win back hours at work so I can actually move out of my parents house, basically what happened is I moved out and then the CEO cut everyones hours chain wide so then I had to move back in with my parents (my income was literally cut in half). Trying to network and build my knowledge base so I can get composing gigs and hopefully do that full time instead of retail. Trying to stay out of depression because that effects me at work both at my retail job and in the studio. Overall I'm just praying for divine intervention in my life.

Maybe the fear of losing their title will get some of the less active ones moving. 

OCRemix, are you ready? I said... ARE... YOU... READYYYYYYYYYY?!

In a hell-in-a-cell elimination match, six judges will go head to head to head to head to head to head, but only one will get to keep their title! Will someone fall prey to the Killer Studio Chop? Will someone get Nice Worked? Who will get to wear the $350 hat?

Order Judgemania Day VII: DJP Canned The Judges! Only on Pay To Post!

OCRemix, are you ready? I said... ARE... YOU... READYYYYYYYYYY?!

In a hell-in-a-cell elimination match, six judges will go head to head to head to head to head to head, but only one will get to keep their title! Will someone fall prey to the Killer Studio Chop? Will someone get Nice Worked? Who will get to wear the $350 hat?

Order Judgemania Day VII: DJP Canned The Judges! Only on Pay To Post!

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Rupees.jpg

I'd be down for an OCR Pay-Per-View.

"Good evening Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to JudgeMania 2015. I am Brushfire joined ringside here with Level99 and we have a great lineup for you tonight. Remember that tonight we have a match that will determine if ReMixes with lyrics have to retire from OCR forever."

"This is indeed a historic night Brushfire, and *GONG* OH MY GOD IS THAT..."

*GONG*

"IT IS! IT'S THE UNMODDER! HE IS HERE AT JUDGEMANIA!"

I know! It's a joke and so funny to us regulars. But ask anyone who has been to the site and left why they did so. I was just pointing it out to be constructive, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

For what it's worth I honestly don't know how to fix it. I know the choosing process takes a long time to get new judges, and even if there were 50 of them it wouldn't guarantee that they'd all judge often enough that the panel wasn't so far behind. And I don't know what it's like on the back end, maybe the way the inbox or updating the text-based stuff slows it down too. I'm sure the uphill battle of it makes it unappealing right now. 

I've been doing adult things, working at my programming internship hoping to turn this into a full-time gig, trying to really real for realz learn my way through the guitar, practicing scales, working on my music theory, going to school for IT, learning a bunch of coding languages along with Korean, and playing FFXIV and other games on Steam when I get the chance. Basically trying to do anything and everything to get my mind off a bad breakup and depression that went down at the beginning of this year.

Yay Adulthood!...  :|

I know! It's a joke and so funny to us regulars. But ask anyone who has been to the site and left why they did so. I was just pointing it out to be constructive, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

For what it's worth I honestly don't know how to fix it. I know the choosing process takes a long time to get new judges, and even if there were 50 of them it wouldn't guarantee that they'd all judge often enough that the panel wasn't so far behind. And I don't know what it's like on the back end, maybe the way the inbox or updating the text-based stuff slows it down too. I'm sure the uphill battle of it makes it unappealing right now. 

6152_531535816898887_1577145355_n.jpg?oh

I've done nothing but lurk, having never contributed anything to OCRemix. I feel like a total dirk. Probably because I'm more focused on original composition over arrangements/remixes, in which OCR caters to the latter. Just waiting on that perfect album call.

I admit I had been musically quiet. I have several album tracks being worked on simultaneously, as well as working hard on SMD. (The RadioSEGA regulars don't bite, honest - you're free to listen in tomorrow if you're around!)

Outside of that, I had been improving my sewing skills as of late. It really gives me something to focus on when I can't focus on much else, plus I'd learn new tricks in time for when/if I next take part in the OCR Secret Santa.

I'm also planning out a potential solo EP idea too. I just got to hope I have the mental stamina to pull it off... *_*

I'm finishing a two-month-long internship in a law office in Paris (trademark law, baby), before heading back to my home. I'll be starting the last year of law school in September (Master's degree).

Other than that, I just finished the VV3 album and waiting for BA3 to come out. And I also finished a new video project with my association in August. We're planning to go to small conventions soon. :)

I come and go at times.  I was working a lot earlier this year, and had a pretty busy summer, but I'm posting a bit more here and working on more music again.  Notably in the SFRG thinger, but I'm looking to finish up all my project commitments in the near future and work on some more original stuff to release.

• 3 weeks later...

Like much of my gaming habits for the last 5 years, I swore I wouldn't get into the more complex, simulation heavy AAA "modern" games, but I could no longer resist. I tried The Evil Within to mixed but pleasant results on my Xbox 360 and while most of the time it was like playing a fuckin' N64 game, the seed was planted.

Since then I have acquired the following:

* Shadows of the Damned

* Wolfenstein

* Resident Evils 5 and 6
* Serious Sam HD Collection (Physical)

I'm still not totally into the whole modern gaming thing so I'm just not jumping into every Bioshock and Titanfall and Divinity title there is, mostly it needs to have some sort of tangible root into gaming I've already enjoyed to work and something to do with the Horror genre, but damn if I hadn't been looking all the same. My craving continues. I look into used PS3s, PS Vitas and even fuckin' Wii Us and PS4s, but it's all craving and possibility, not what I actually want to play right now on it. It doesn't pass the logic test, and ***damn are they expensive still.

Shadows of the Damned is pretty good btw, you guys should go play it.

I have a 3 month old baby

Congrats! Enjoy the sleep deprivation :)

As for what I've been up to... well, FF9 release, obviously... but also looking into taking some grad classes, & getting my basement studio set up so I can work in isolated peace, away from the hubbub of 21mo. old daughter!

Edited thread title since it didn't really convey intent of thread...