Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Sweet, you made it so the drop-down search bar text auto-clears when you click on it. *thumbs up*

...I feel like I'm posting this stuff in the wrong thread.

this is the worst design yet

THAT is called a late night database restructure & code push :)

Should be fixed now, please report any further issues you encounter (check browser cache first!)

Is it possible to add spoiler tags to the message post options, allowing users to hide their post and others an option to view the post or not?

I think that would be great whenever people discuss games and movies that have recently been released.

Got a new one. The dropdown menus are being displayed BEHIND the embedded YouTube video for Serious Monkey Business.

EDIT: Fixed now, thanks!

It's not fixed in IE8...

Ditto what Coop says.

Browsers where the dropdown works fine: Opera 9 and Safari. In the meantime I have to click on another link to get to using the menus.

do you know how i download songs? whenever i hit download all it does is open a quicktime thing, is there like a way so i can put a song on itunes from here?

do you know how i download songs? whenever i hit download all it does is open a quicktime thing, is there like a way so i can put a song on itunes from here?

Right-click the link to the song and select download/save link(ed file) as. On mac, control-click (if you haven't set the mouse to use a second button) and do the same, or alt-click

rama actually coded his skin so that actually turns into

I was not aware of this. I would like to remove this "feature", as I enjoy laughing at futile attempts to mask things.

I was not aware of this. I would like to remove this "feature", as I enjoy laughing at futile attempts to mask things.

go to the very bottom of the style and change this line

font { color: #1b1b1b !important }

to this

font { color: #aaa !important }

or just remove the line entirely

I, on the other hand, rather like these as spoiler tags and added this line to supplement color=white

font { color: #1b1b1b !important }

Edited by Gollgagh

When I type something in the search box and then change the category, it erases what I just typed. It's not a big deal but I like to search for mixes and since the default is games, I end up typing the name of the mix, realizing I have to change the category to mixes, and the retype the name of the mix. Like I said, not a huge deal, but if you could have a buffer to save the content of the box, it probably wouldn't take more than an hour to fully implement and test.

A few game title-related matters:

1) DuckTales needs a capital T according to Wikipedia and Google.

2) Since we're going with full titles in the database, Guilty Gear X (Dreamcast) could use its subtitle "By Your Side" added on its page and in its url. If you need proof, take a look at a larger image of the cover.

3) Personal nitpick: I'd like to see the Street Fighter pages for Champion Edition and The New Challengers (arcade) replace the hyphen - with a colon : in their titles for consistency.

And speaking of Champion Edition, it was released in '92, not '94.

A few game title-related matters:

1) DuckTales needs a capital T according to Wikipedia and Google.

2) Since we're going with full titles in the database, Guilty Gear X (Dreamcast) could use its subtitle "By Your Side" added on its page and in its url. If you need proof, take a look at a larger image of the cover.

3) Personal nitpick: I'd like to see the Street Fighter pages for Champion Edition and The New Challengers (arcade) replace the hyphen - with a colon : in their titles for consistency.

And speaking of Champion Edition, it was released in '92, not '94.

For no reason, I refuse to make these fixes. (i.e. done, the fixes will be live later.) Re: GGX, I see what you're saying and agree, but Dave has a point that conventionally, practically no one at all uses "By Your Side" as a subtitle, unlike say Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. But I have added the data of the full GGX name as an alternate name.

Edited by Liontamer

When I type something in the search box and then change the category, it erases what I just typed. It's not a big deal but I like to search for mixes and since the default is games, I end up typing the name of the mix, realizing I have to change the category to mixes, and the retype the name of the mix. Like I said, not a huge deal, but if you could have a buffer to save the content of the box, it probably wouldn't take more than an hour to fully implement and test.

Seconded. This is a very annoying and completely unnecessary behavior.

Seconded. This is a very annoying and completely unnecessary behavior.

Duly noted, although Dave knows about that issue. But we'll see what he says on whether it's a relatively straight forward fix.