OCR01506 - Double Dragon II "Twin Blood"

djpretzel

To be honest, I liked your old version of this (the one with a synth lead) better -- I thought the soundscape felt much richer.

HOWEVER, the drum solo and the slower section are very nice additions, and this is overall one rockin' arrangement.

I prefer this version. I find there are very few metal songs which can seamlessly blend the electric guitar with synths, and the old version just didn't hit the right balance IMO. Call me old fashioned and narrow minded, but I like the classic rock flavor of this new version more. I especially appreciated the revamped solos. The one that starts at 2:12 and has a smidge of spanish fly -- awesome stuff.

Not that the old version's solos weren't up to snuff. On the contrary, it's got some wicked stuff in there. I'm keeping both. Btw, for those of you that don't know, you can download the old version off Sixto's website.

Let's see here. I get home from class, I come back to my computer and see a Double Dragon 2 "remix." I think to myself "Oh yeah. It's about time."

I downloaded this thing, and it rocked my face off. The original theme itself is beautiful and melodic, and it rocks like hell.

Well, whoever "Sixto Sounds" may be, he/she/them has done a damn good job at remaking the original song into everything it should be.

The guitar work and guitar tone are awesome. The production is great. The flow of the song is great too, because it never gives you time to grow tired, because you're off to the next part before a certain riff gets annoying.

The breakdown is much needed, and then comes a ripping solo, then it breaks back into the melodic badass chorus just like it should.

I can't say anything bad about this mix, because it's perfect. If you disagree, you're just wrong.

Hehehe... I'm absolutely loving the recent quality rock remixes that have been coming into OC! When the arranger knows what they're doing I'm always quite satisfied.

The style in Twin Blood is much the same as Sixto's previous remix "Wicked Six". Both are of high quality and simply do what they're supposed to do... ROCK!

I may not have the composition skills to put these sorts of things together myself, but I always give anyone who takes the time to put the effort into mixes like these A LOT of credit, whether or not I like them.

Twin Blood is definitely recommended and gets this gal's approval whole heartedly! All you other rock fans out there, eat your heart out with yet another awsome rock remix!

Jesus H. Christ I love this track. I mean that. I listened to it no less than five times in a row on the way home. I just don't do that.

The section 0:37 to 0:41 really really reminds me of a cool little Master System game called Dragon Crystal for some reason. I'd swear the music in that followed a similar sound.

Add this to goat's submission, and OCR is fucking rocking of late!

More guitar mixes!

Especially from you Sixto - I know you said in channel that this is something you feel you could've worked on a bit more. Honestly, if this is indicative of what you consider your less-than-shining pieces, man ... words fail me.

Awesome track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just listening to this by myself with no one else's input, thinking of deleting it because it felt like just another rock mix, from a song I didn't know at all or really care for. But suddenly I thought of reasons why I shouldn't delete it, and all I could think of is, "There's...nothing wrong with this song technically. It's perfect." I'm still not sure about the source tune, besides it just being a "rockin'" tune, and not really striking a personal note. But then I thought of driving, and it was perfect. Then I found out it was a direct post! And that no one hates it. Well, except for grandmas, since they're being rocketted out of their seats supposedly, as said by someone else. Here's to hopeful source-tune personal-likingness! And to already drive-pumping music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome levels... off the charts! This is some good axe squealing right here. It's also so 80's it hurt. It's more 80s than Marty McFly. It's more 80s than Corey Feldman. Shit, it's even more 80s than Double Dragon 2.

And I'm loving it.

Technicaly brilliant, and as always when listening to a Sixto track, I never want it to end. Insanely quality mix.

Ahhhh...... Classic Sixto, with all the crazy-kickass rawk trimmings.

It's also so 80's it hurt. It's more 80s than Marty McFly. It's more 80s than Corey Feldman. Shit, it's even more 80s than Double Dragon 2.

And I'm loving it.

That's pretty eighties. :<

Love the drum and guitar solo in this, just a full-on awesome track

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01506 - Double Dragon II "Twin Blood"