DarkeSword

Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2018

179 posts in this topic

I have a bit of a problem. I'm still in school, and it's starting in a few weeks. I may only be able to participate in the first round, if at all. Sorry, guys.

I'm jumping on this train late because I just finished up a summer camp job. What is the state of the competition and are there any spots open or opening up?  If there is an opening I'd be interested in filling it. If not that fine I'll participate from the side.

The semester for my college that I'm attending to starts in a few weeks. I can still participate until then. Assuming I, as a part of the group, have a week to work with before that.

Is it too late to enter or can I take a place?

If it isn't, here's my list :

• MM2 - Crash Man
  • MM2 - Flash Man
  • MM2 - Metal Man

(Yes I'm a huge MM2 fan and yes, it's the only true MegaMan game. Don't @ me.)

Did it, I edited my post to prevent Double posts :D
Hope I can participate !

Alright we're locked in. I just did the draft and have split people into brackets. First bracket to remix will be the Mega Man Bracket. The first post will be updated shortly.

On 7/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, SuperiorX said:

Well, well, well. I haven't made music in 4 years, but I've been itching to lately. I'll probably regret this, but what the heck. Here we go:

1. Ground Man

2. Metal Man

2. Fake Man

Any idea when this is going to start?

Ground man is the ~best~ robot master theme. Excited to see old school homies getting back in the game! 

1 hour ago, Ethan Rex said:

Ground man is the ~best~ robot master theme. Excited to see old school homies getting back in the game! 

I remember when you had it in the WCRG 13' bud!

I'm thrilled with my matchup, I'm a big fan of Shade Man's theme too. I have a couple of busy weeks between work and travel, so I'm going to have limited time to dedicate to this, but I'm excited to see what I can come up with!

FUN FACT:  I remixed Shade Man once, 15 years ago, in ModPlug Tracker. It was terrible :lmassoff:

Fun fact?.. I'll tell my story.

Joined OCR in 2010 and watched MM compos untill 2015. That year I descided to take a part and... my life changed extrimly. I became a dirrector and started to live at work.. Forgot about OCR and family. Now I'm quit and joined MM compo.. I'm scared..

EDIT: I never had cutman. The only tune I really love from MM.

3 hours ago, Ethan Rex said:

Now that's a name I have seen in years... :]

27 minutes ago, Garpocalypse said:

Now that's a name I have seen in years... :]

You... I hope I'll pass all the rounds to face YOU! And when I'll beat you down you going to finish that SOR project

37 minutes ago, Mak Eightman said:

You... I hope I'll pass all the rounds to face YOU! And when I'll beat you down you going to finish that SOR project

Now we are bringing some fiyaaaah!!  

Honestly that thing has been something I've wanted to complete ever since I first came to OCR.  Life has been turbulent since I became a traveling therapist but i am about to have some free time opening up and would like to restart it again. 

But yea. Last round buddy. Hope you get there cuz...

I'll be surprised if I make it to round 2. :p

Mmm, I'm lovin' the energy in here - glad I'm participating this year. TBH I haven't seen people getting excited for one of these like this in a while, so maybe we'll have some really full brackets to vote on next week. 

Can't wait to see which RM I'm gettin' next week, seeing that mine is contested with another user on here. Well, if I don't get Windman maybe I'll be matched against the person that does get it - would be pretty funny if that happened.  :P

I haven't had a chance to sit down and do some art design for the compo yet. Once that's locked down I'll see about putting some sigs together.

How's everyone doing on their tracks this week? I have about 30 seconds of a song and it sounds like butt, but hey, progress! I have *maybe* part of 2 days to work on it until I'll have to turn it in, so here's hoping it comes together :-D

came up with some decent ideas but they're for there individual tracks, trying to combine them and not sound forced. I'm pretty sure this is common for everyone tho, the grind continues.