OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

This kind of this has happened to me once or twice on Youtube with one original song and a remix. The guy who did it played dumb too which made it more aggravating. I suppose it's harder to prove I wrote it when the only open place I have those select songs posted is Youtube.

He obviously hasn't taken it down yet either after I told him to. Do remixers have some kind of intellectual property over remixed material? If so I'll just report him to youtube for it. People should also check out this guy to see if he's stolen from you, because that's kind of his thing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiyYlTEHdg

Edited by Bren

I don't believe I can claim copyright infringement. The remixers themselves have to do that.

Meh, you can get around that by posting on his other videos about the stuff he's uploading not belonging to him. Frankly, I'm surprised the AVGN stuff didn't get taken down because that is KNOWN to belong to James Rolfe and anyone else uploading it doesn't have the right to.

Comments waiting approval?

What a colossal douche. The evidence against him is stupidly large and he still won't admit defeat.

You know how they say it takes a whole village to raise a kid? Well, this kid has a village consisted of handful of friends and subscribers... There's PM, channel comments, and vid comments. I'd say notifying his friends and subscribers by PM is a decent enough way to handle it if a flood of approval-awaiting comments won't work.

"Hi, I'm somebody from / a fan of overclocked remix, you friend/channel you subscribe to has been claiming ownership of several vgm arrangements from blah blah tales album blah blah website url blah blah ssbb blah smiley blocked comments blah blah kindly notify him that plagiarism is a crime and artists deserve credits blah blah etc etc"

Just not in those exact words.

If working in web marketing has taught me anything, it's that your shit is going to end up on the internet. Not necessarily the shit you want to end up on the internet, and not necessarily in the places you want them to on the internet.

The idea that you can stop something from showing up, or where it shows up, is pretty much an illusion now a days. You can, however, control it.

The absolute BEST way of weeding out illegitimate remixes on YouTube is to saturate YouTube with the content you want to show up. If you have a remix of a song, make a YouTube profile and put all your remixes up, with a short little video of information about YOURSELF. Link it to the OCR profile, link it to the OCR YouTube version of the song, create a network of links with legitimate information.

Someone is GOING to try to take credit for your songs every now and then, it's unavoidable BUT you can make sure the information that shows up on youtube more often is REAL and NOT stolen, so when stuff like this happens it's way more obvious to viewers, and they know how to find the truth, and how to verify that it IS the truth.

If you're serious about yourself, your music, and your brand, instead of hoping what you want ends up on the internet, and what you don't doesn't, MAKE SURE that EVERYTHING you want to show up shows up loud and proud and in the forefront.

This goes for music, this goes for music websites, this goes for personal sites and information.

A good thing could be to flag it as 'Inflicts my Rights'.

This^

I've had two incidents recently of people stealing my stuff on youtube and posting as their own. In both cases, I had the same content on my own channel. You just have to go to the offending vid and fill out a simple form, explaining it and linking to both.

Pretty hassle-free on my end and YT was very responsive & quickly removed the vids.

I don't know if this is the right thread, so please forgive me...

This last sunday I've been watching TV when I heard some familiar music playing in the background. It was something out of Super Metroid, one of it's many remixes on ocremix.org...! That in itself is quite a sensation for german TV ;-P

You can watch the video here:

http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/ganze-folge-sonntag/

I don't know how long, though...

Skip to the very end of the video, right to 53:25. It's some "documentation" on the hotness of chilis ("Galileo" once wa a great science show, nowadays it just sucks)... I've done some research. Playing in the background is 'Premonition of fell purpose' from the very first OCR album 'Relics of the Chozo', remixed by Protricity.

So, is this the right place to post that bit of information, should I talk to someone else or is this simply not important...?

I take it ocremix.org or at least the remixer in question holds some rights to his music, right?

Cheers, NinjaN

EDIT:

Just found the video somewhere else, and shorter:

http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/clip/149901-die-schaerfste-chilli-der-welt-1.2399103/

Skip to 07:00...

• 2 months later...

On YouTube there is this joker who claims he (or his band, whatever) did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVKrHCSneg

That is actually from OCR: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00385/

I left a comment that it'd be nice if he properly credited the actual artist along with a link, but my comment was not so surprisingly deleted. Not really sure what to do other than post about it here.

Liontamer (as a representative of OCR) or K. Praslowicz could file a copyright flag against the video. YT seems to love to take videos down based off of that, so that might work.

I also will post a message (that will probably be deleted). At least I would, except Youtube has the funny habit of not allowing me to post anything. I can't ever seem to figure out why that error message comes up (it's not descriptive, either - it's "error, try again").

I also will post a message (that will probably be deleted). At least I would, except Youtube has the funny habit of not allowing me to post anything. I can't ever seem to figure out why that error message comes up (it's not descriptive, either - it's "error, try again").

Is it in messages you post entire address in? It does the same to me, you can't include the http:// stuff.

Since this topic has been bumped

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/266749

I would like to thank Improbability for calmly telling this user that he's fffffffffffffffull of shit.

His other tracks aren't by him it seems too.

And for the record, no I did not register to newgrounds and no I do not reside in Montreal =\

I just want to thank the good people at newgrounds. After 16 whole months and talking with several different "mods", they finally managed to do absolutely nothing.

Way to go folks.

I just want to thank the good people at newgrounds. After 16 whole months and talking with several different "mods", they finally managed to do absolutely nothing.

Way to go folks.

Haaa... this guy's still up too, after repeatedly telling them to shut him down (you know, the guy who is bLiNd, Saimey and Rama all at once). I have seen them shoot down someone stealing AnSo's Mario remix, though, so we can still dream that they'll someday take action...

... just like someday Sega will produce a good Sonic game again, amirite?

Wait wait wait!

HOLY SHIT.

I just caught this, hold on, it's a response from the Zelda Trance.

Originally posted by bLiNd, Rama, Siamey, DjPretzel(!?)...or whatever

By the way just check us all out on OCremix.com

This is the crew who started Chrono Destiny, and by chance if you didn't know I'm the lead programmer. We all work together to create music. It's been a while since someone actual...

Yeah, yeah, we already know he also claims to be bLiNd in that same statement. He just took credit for creating OCremix.com... er, I think he meant org. I'm still laughing at this, it's just amazing.

Move aside, DjP, this guy is the real brains of this site!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, yeah, we already know he also claims to be bLiNd in that same statement. He just took credit for creating OCremix.com... er, I think he meant org. I'm still laughing at this, it's just amazing.

Move aside, DjP, this guy is the real brains of this site!

Like, seriously, if you don't even know who you're plagiarising from maybe you shouldn't be using the internet. Among other things