OCR01350 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Memories Frozen in Time"

Hahaha... I thought this sounded a slight bit familiar. I figured out why, though - you borrowed liberally from Never Leave You (Ice Cap Remix). Except everything I liked about it is still there, only better, and everything I disliked about that track has been removed in this one. Great job!

Honestly, I wouldn't like this track much if it weren't a game remix, just because I'm not that fond of hip-hop, though I'd like the background regardless. But between the hot background and the fact that it's from Sonic, this is going on my list of favorites.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! So after 2 years, I finally got a remix posted....this does wonders for a guy's ego. :D

And to all the people making comparisons to Eminem/Mockingbird, the reason the flows sound so similar is because most of the first verse was written to the Mockingbird instrumental. Then I came along with the Memories Frozen in Time instrumenal, and the rest was history.

Hahaha... I thought this sounded a slight bit familiar. I figured out why, though - you borrowed liberally from Never Leave You (Ice Cap Remix). Except everything I liked about it is still there, only better, and everything I disliked about that track has been removed in this one. Great job!

Hahaha, I appreciate the comment; everything I disliked about the track has been removed too. :wink:

Thanks again everyone!

Urbanizm+1

-DCT

Thank you, DCT (and unnamed "Just Us" member)! I'm not a huge fan of rap/hip-hop, but I've been trying to compile a few songs to put onto a CD for whenever one of my friends is in my car, and this remix is most definitely going to make its way onto it. :P It's nice to hear the original piece done in a style one's not accustomed to hearing it in, especially when its done well. Great job! :D

Having been familiar with Iced Out Nine Twenty Two prior to this release I can identify with much of the components of the mix, which I thought have been enhanced greatly since then. The vocals were shown to be rather inspirational for what they were, and are at a firm quality to show a firm taste of what Urbanizm is all about - portraying rap with a meaningful quality. Kudos to that :)

Course, given the ambitions behind it I'm not sure if hip hop would associate well for everyone, but what I think DCT and Just Us have managed to pull off what I think was an interesting contribution to one of the most over-mixed tracks ever.

Welcome to the OverClocked clan! :D

wow... pretty crapy. i very much dislike rap. the only thing good about this remix is the sonic background music which you can't hear with the lyrics over top of them.

rofl ya cuz rap eznt moozik!!

Bullshit. This song is easily one of my favorites already.

Congrats, DCT, for getting your first mix posted.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01350 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Memories Frozen in Time"