pu_freak

BadAss II Co-Director, BadAss Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, the Netherlands

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Then I'll take Kirby
Released Projects: ARMed and DANGerous, Around the World, BadAss, BadAss 2, Balance & Ruin, Lucid Dreaming, The Missingno Tracks, Summoning of Spirits
Current Projects: BadAss: Volume 3, Secret of Mana, SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness
Posted Image

#62 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I think I'm interested in this project! So, as long as there are tracks available and I choose an unclaimed game/series, I can submit an audition track? Once I get off work I can get some ideas.

By all means Submit an audition, altho if your music is OCR Standard that probably isn't necessary.

EDIT: Sorry for long response PU, you got Kirby.
Drakken, I've changed your claim to Wario Land. Its up to Damned to update the first post tho ;)

Edited by WillRock, 05 February 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#63 AJ-enova

AJ-enova

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

I'd love to help out with any Artwork that needs doing :)
Won't be my first time lol

You can check out my work at:
www.polareclipse.co.nr

#64 The Damned

The Damned

The Missingno Tracks Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • LocationMossdeep? I think? Shit, where's the map on this?

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

OK, updated the first page.

Sorry I've been so in-communicato-ish, but 14-hour days do that to you. A month of 14-hour days makes it worse.

The next month also being 14-hour days doesn't help any. But at least the bank account will be happy, right?

Right?
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9771-2777
Steam ID: The_Damned_OCR

#65 milothefultz

milothefultz

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

If it isn't too late to throw my hat in the ring, I'd love to play bass on whatever tracks you guys need, electric/upright.

#66 The Damned

The Damned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Cool. Bass is never wrong.

Unlike that Mega Man jerk...

#67 NeoS

NeoS

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

It's been a while since I've posted on OCR, but I just can't imagine this project doesn't have Tetris. I hope I'm wrong though. Otherwise I'd be obliged to do something about that and fire up my DAW. :-P

#68 Cecilff2

Cecilff2

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationCommanding the Red Wings

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Might I suggest Metroid II?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks to Bummerdude for the sig!

#69 NeoS

NeoS

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I did a short demo. If any of likes this, I'll continue to work on it.

http://snd.sc/H0tMtG

#70 Nintendude794

Nintendude794

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.co...etris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks... :-? :< :-D

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.
nintendude794

Currently involved in project(s): Ice Water - Recruiting! To join, or even loosely mention interest, respond on the link. Thanks!

#71 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.co...etris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks... :-? :< :-D

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.

You shouldn't post WIPs on the forums. That stuff should be private :P

This is pretty cool, altho use of fur elise kinda makes me a little unsure overall, depends on damned tho. As far as performance/production goes, this is def cool, I love the take :D.

#72 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

I did a short demo. If any of likes this, I'll continue to work on it.

http://snd.sc/H0tMtG

that needs a bit more personalisation before we'd consider it for the project. Thanks for showing an interest tho!

BTW GUYS SEND WIPS BY PM. NOT BY FORUMS :P

Edited by WillRock, 08 May 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#73 AMT

AMT

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Summer is about to start and making music sounds fun- can I tentatively grab Metroid 2?
I yell at inanimate objects.

#74 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Summer is about to start and making music sounds fun- can I tentatively grab Metroid 2?

Yep you're good to go. I've updated the Gdoc.

6 more tracks to claim dudes!

#75 The Damned

The Damned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, I was terribly busy and then I was lazy. But I guess now that WillRock has posted again, I have to do something.

#76 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Legacy Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,134 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'd be sad not to try to make something for this project. Is everybody allowed to ask for a track?

#77 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'd be sad not to try to make something for this project. Is everybody allowed to ask for a track?

We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project :)

#78 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Legacy Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,134 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project :)

Alright, thanks for the answer, Will! :)

#79 Nintendude794

Nintendude794

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, I was terribly busy and then I was lazy. But I guess now that WillRock has posted again, I have to do something.

iSent The Damned a PM almost two months ago. You'd think he could at least tell me "No thanks" rather than hold me in suspense about claiming Tetris, assuming it was/is a "Nope, sorry." :whatevaa:

^And then I tried to post it in the forum itself, following a fellow nooooob's lead. We both were criticized err berated by WillRock for it.

You shouldn't post WIPs on the forums. That stuff should be private :P

This is pretty cool, altho use of fur elise kinda makes me a little unsure overall, depends on damned tho. As far as performance/production goes, this is def cool, I love the take :D.

Although WillRock seemed to like my sketch! ;-)

Yep you're good to go. I've updated the Gdoc.

6 more tracks to claim dudes!

So, since apparently WillRock is running the sources [also/better], Howdy again! And since I'm finally posted--even though my past PM included the same track as my audition, while it was still in To Be Posted queue--I just now forwarded that same message to both o' y'all. :smile:

If it's no longer impressive--which is how I feel, seeing as how I recorded it 18 months ago and as such have likely gotten so much better--I also put this rough, specific idea for Tetris on my SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.co...etris-fur-elise
^Look at how many people have listened to and downloaded what I thought a terrible sketch! 8-) And that's my most downloaded track on SoundCloud... :roll:

Sorry to message in both places, y'all. I don't care what the answer is, I jus' need one and've been waitin' on one, so I can stop worryin' about claiming it and/or get to work on a quite legit piano take of Tetris. Thanks. :)!!

nintendude794

Currently involved in project(s): Ice Water - Recruiting! To join, or even loosely mention interest, respond on the link. Thanks!

#80 The Damned

The Damned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, sorry, life stuff and all that. But that's over now (the stuff, not the life), so yeah, back to work.

If you had looked on the google doc link in th first page, you would see that you're already on the list for Tetris. WillRock has control over that document, so I guess he updated it sometime since then.

So... GET ON IT. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums