Pipez

New DuckTales in 2017!

23 posts in this topic

Another attempt to appeal to the nostalgia of people born in the 80s and 90s.

I don't mind which art style they good with as long as the writing is good. I wonder if they're going to use their own stories or pull from Carl Barks or Don Rosa.

I heard about this on Cartoon Brew recently. Does anyone know any specifics yet on the team that's going to be working on it or any of the writers? Right now the only thing I really know about the remake is that it's happening, so this is probably something that's still very new.

On a side note: I'm absolutely loving all the cartoons coming out right now. There's too many good shows to count. Wander Over Yonder, Steven Universe, and Amazing World of Gumball are the truth man.

I bet Disney is gonna crack the whip on Pixar or another 3rd party they bought to bring this together. No "new" Disney can beat 30s-90s Disney. Gravity Falls comes close, but just missed by a hair.

I don't get Disney XD channel (where this toon is most likely to be aired), so I'll just watch the old Duck Tales.

Still, i'm glad they are trying to bring it back in some form. I just hope whoever they get to making it, are the same who writes and animates for Gravity Falls and not include corn-ball jokes ;)

Donald is in it?  I always liked the fact that he wasn't.  In addition to having an even more incomprehensible voice than the nephews, he's kind of obnoxious.  And is it my imagination or is Webby a lot older in that pic?

Donald was in several episodes of the original, iirc. This doesn't mean he's gonna be part of the main cast, but he is part of the family still haha

Donald was in the original comic book series that inspired Ducktales, Uncle Scrooge. The "Duck" comics have a very long history that predates the legendary TV show. The teaser art looks great; looks directly inspired by Carl Barks's art, especially Donald. :)

OH NO THE GROUND

Huh.  You can actually understand the nephews now, though not Donald.  They're voiced in a very modern manner, very like all the other cartoons out there right now.  Neither they nor Webby sound like kids at all.  Not saying that's a bad thing, just an interesting change that'll take some getting used to.  The art is completely different from that teaser image as well as the original show.

I just noticed that each of the nephews has a unique outfit. Huey is just wearing a basic T-shirt with a collar, Dewey has a longsleeve underneath his T-shirt, and Louie is wearing a pullover hoodie. Nice little touch.

Also, only Huey has a hat.  Their "hair" is different, too.

Mirby likes this

It's nice that all three have their own unique style.

Brycepops likes this

I saw Launchpad in that 2nd trailer too. Another vote hoping Darkwing makes a comeback.