OCR Conspiracy Theories.

Less Ashamed Of Self

Well I just listened to 'aquacadence' and 'Thin Glow', and I certainly don't have the sudden urge to Join The Navy! I'd kill for a smoke right about now though... strange, considering I've never tasted the smooth, refreshing flavour of a cigarette before.

this will get you to join the navy...

p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRMTbqVZ_0&feature=related

its like halfway in... ..

Just following up on the original post, the identity/whereabouts of GrayLightning are the only conspiracy theory I can think of in the community. I'm not sure what other topics are out there that, without merely ROFLing and making stuff up, are actually mysterious.

Gray will return one day, and cleanse the panel of those who would defile her.

Oooh, That's a good one. :) Okay, here's something I'm curious about; what's this horriblicious Retentions of Conflict OCRemoved track? It's not in the changelog... a former april fool's thing?

You are correct. April Fool's Day, 2004, Dave posts a remix titled Retentions of Conflict, with the mix credited to Nobuo Uematsu. It remains to this day the only April Fool's Day joke I was ever fooled by. I was SO EXCITED that NOBUO UEMATSU had vistied our corner of the internet!!!! But only until I listened to it. Later in the day, the mixer name was changed to Yasunori Mitsuda, and and a newly registered forum member named 'djpreztal' explained in a post that Mitsuda had claimed the song, stating that it was an April Fool's joke in itself that he played on his friend Nobuo Uematsu. Obviously Dave was pushing it a little here, but it was 4 in the afternoon (EST) by that time, so the joke was already on its way out anyways.

The actual song was done by Protricity, and I still have it in iTunes. Overall I'd say it was the best April Fool's joke I've seen since I've been on the site. Much fun was had by all.

The identity of the Nice Work Guy.

Y'know, come to think of it, who the hell IS the Nice Work Guy?

WOAH, since when did I have 1000 posts?! I already have almost one TENTH of The Coop's posts... that's a little scary. Time for me to slow down a little...

I read that a long time ago, but I never saw any proof, links or anything else to show his theory to be anything but that... a theory.

Is this the "NWG is an evangelist" thing? Wow, it feels so strange to think of him as a person, rather than... a picture.

WOAH, since when did I have 1000 posts?! I already have almost one TENTH of The Coop's posts... that's a little scary. Time for me to slow down a little...

It's actually closer to one twentieth ;-)

Is this the "NWG is an evangelist" thing? Wow, it feels so strange to think of him as a person, rather than... a picture.

I believe that's what it was. However, I don't recall ever seeing links to anything, or posted images, comparing NWG to anyone.

luis.jpg

That look like nicework? Found it in this character list.

THAT'S what the other theory was (Spanish soap opera). When I logged off last night, something was nagging me about that. Anyway...

luis2.jpgNiceWorkGuy2.jpg

I personally don't believe they're one and the same unfortunately, for several reasons...

- The bridge of the actor's nose seems to be more pronounced (might be to viewing angle though).

- The shape of the actor's face, even with the less poofy hair, appears longer than the round face of NWG.

- The bottom of the actor's nose looks narrower.

- The actor has a longer chin.

And here's my final bit of evidence...

NWG_LV.gif

I used an old trick to compare their faces. First, you rotate both heads so that they're eyes are horizontally level, and then scale the larger head down so that the eyes and the bottom of the nose basically line up. As you can see, the actor's head looks too small on the NWG's body after doing this, yet his chin still extends below the NWG's, even though both have a very similar facial expression.

It's a good likeness, but I doubt it's our mystery man.

The actual song was done by Protricity, and I still have it in iTunes. Overall I'd say it was the best April Fool's joke I've seen since I've been on the site. Much fun was had by all.

No, it wasn't by Prot. It was by sadorf and modified by Prot.

Also, that wasn't the best A1 joke OCR ever played. The best A1 joke by far is EAMix.

No, it wasn't by Prot. It was by sadorf and modified by Prot.

Also, that wasn't the best A1 joke OCR ever played. The best A1 joke by far is EAMix.

I have to totally agree.

EAmix was just beautiful. Everyone was totally into it and laughs were shared all around. Add that with the plutonium version of RoFL and you had pure gold.