Comic-Con attendees own Westboro Baptist Church

KyleJCrb

This is pretty awesome. Westboro, an infamous hate group of religious zealots, decided to protest Comic-Con yesterday. Little did they realize just what con attendees are capable of:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/22/super-heroes-vs-the-westboro-baptist-church/?sms_ss=facebook

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/22/comic-con-vs-westboro-baptist-church/

Apparently Westboro was planning to protest for at least an hour, but the con group scared them away early.

EDIT: And I just realized I was in this wrong forum for posting this. Probably.

That Sentry poster is pretty funny.

Though this is only an injoke known by me and a few people elsewhere on the internet, It'd be nice that if while they were protesting, someone would start blaring the Wheel Gator song from X2 from a boombox.

Now THAT would have been cool.

I think the only that would've made me happier is if the nerds got violent and bludgeoned the churchies with stacks of cardboard and ornamental weapons.

They had police on their side to protect them. Cardboard fantasy weapons < guns. Without the police there I'm sure the group would have been engulfed by the nerd's constant barrage of Fire 3's, Thundara's and Attack commands.

They had police on their side to protect them. Cardboard fantasy weapons < guns. Without the police there I'm sure the group would have been engulfed by the nerd's constant barrage of Fire 3's, Thundara's and Attack commands.

Just imagine, if someone 'summoned' Bahamut, and a beat-up Mazda with a Dragon head mounted on the hood and papercraft wings appeared.

Also, the police reports would've been hilarious...