OCR01328 - Super Mario Bros. "Bowser Is Pissed"

djpretzel

I was a bit worried that bowser wasn't as pissed as he could be until I heard the electric guitar come in at 2:40 or so, which then made me 110% impressed with this track and its ability to recreate Bowser's theme.

Not only is that hilarious, but its dead-on. Bowser was just mildly angered at first, but I saw how pissed he was at the end and it was great.

The combination of guitar-work, drum and bass, and orchestral stuff blew me away. At first I thought this was going to be based off Rayman 2 as it had a feel to the game's soundtrack, but Prizm does a great job of fooling me. Yup, Bowser's anger is expressed profoundly in this song. Good work.

If anyone else wants another Castle remix (even though it may not necessarily put this one to shame), try Dark Purple's:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3007

All of the good stuff that's already been said is well deserved. Mad guitar skills man but what really took everything is the drum work. Some of that stuff is truly inspired and it sounds like a lot of hard work went into the very fine details. The yell at 2:48 followed by the hard core power chords is absolutely my favorite part of the mix.

This one has been number one on my playlist since its later WIP stages.

What else to say. Congrats on creating a classic.

It's funny, the biggest critical post is about how there's none of the original here, while I spent the entire song enjoying the easter egg hunt of picking out the original bassline... Which was really the main melody of the original... Which was present in almost every bar of this mix. Great stuff, and very nice guitar work.

Excellent work from PriZm, who just popped onto the OCR scene one day and is already gaining some hot cred, including an OCR to his name so early in the game. If only we all could be so lucky.

Ok, scratch lucky. This mix is all about mixing talent. The original has been ripped, turned, bent, shredded, molded and marbroxed in this remix, truly showcasing PriZm's creativity in his various departments. His guitar work is stellar. I love the various stages of this remix; almost reminds me of getting closer and closer to Koopa (KOOPA!) and finally confronting him over the lava pit. HOT.

That's so good. This other version is very diversified. You substituted some instruments. And I love the rock concept in 02:47.

Yes. I heard it before in WIP forum. I love it.

Overall, nice mix. I was listening to that more than the original track! Aww, much better. That's really quite cool. Sweeping guitar in my ears. That make me shady laugh. Pure rock! In my opinion, that's really good to a new Mario game. Seriously, in Bowser's Castle or something thus. Because this opens my imagination to frightful things. "Okey dokey!" "Mamamia! We've been nailed by the tools in our pockets!" The beats makes me dance. And the other instruments are great. The melody created is good too (01:18/02:25). Hell! A very high quality mix. Nice work, PriZm. I can't wait to hear more from you in the future.

Cheers.

BOWSER IS PISSED EVER!!!!

wtf is this? babelfish?

If you're looking for a solid Super Mario Bros. ReMix. . .then prepare to be sorely disappointed. If you're looking for a generic metal song with lots of ripping synthetic guitars and some SMB thrown in for the Hell of it. . .you've got the right ReMix.

In my opinion, this wasn't worth the time it took to download. If I wanted something original and metally(?), I'd hit up Newgrounds or MP3.com or something. This is hardly a ReMix at all. More like an original composition with the Super Mario Bros. theme thrown in here and there just for the Hell of it. And even then, it's only a half-decent original composition. And on that note, this ReMix strongly reminds me of "The Legend of Zelda UnderWorldPressureCooker," by wRenchpilot. . . And not in a good way, either. In a sort of. . ."I couldn't think of anything better to do" way.

I'm sorry, but this completely fails to impress me in any aspect at all. How this became an OverClocked ReMix is beyond me.

[/clap] congratulations. With this single, considerably short post, you've managed to insult, as far as I can tell, every member of this community. GREAT job!

Anyway, on to the more important matter at hand, PriZm did a great job of taking one of the most memorable themes in gaming (I mean, come on, when the game pounds the same couple bars into your head several times over 8 levels, how can you NOT remember it) and built it up from the small repeating song, as many have said, into this complex masterpiece. Just the amount of imagination that had to go into this piece using the original material is insane. I love the guitar that comes in at around 3:25. Now that we have a Bowser rock theme, Nintendo just needs to make a cool, evil, gritty Bowser to go along with it. 8) Great mix, keep 'em coming.

That's so good. This other version is very diversified. You substituted some instruments. And I love the rock concept in 02:47.

Yes. I heard it before in WIP forum. I love it.

Overall, nice mix. I was listening to that more than the original track! Aww, much better. That's really quite cool. Sweeping guitar in my ears. That make me shady laugh. Pure rock! In my opinion, that's really good to a new Mario game. Seriously, in Bowser's Castle or something thus. Because this opens my imagination to frightful things. "Okey dokey!" "Mamamia! We've been nailed by the tools in our pockets!" The beats makes me dance. And the other instruments are great. The melody created is good too (01:18/02:25). Hell! A very high quality mix. Nice work, PriZm. I can't wait to hear more from you in the future.

Cheers.

BOWSER IS PISSED EVER!!!!

wtf is this? babelfish?

No, dude.

Anyway your comment is not about the work. Please consider this.

Also, I'm working to improve my bad english.

Cheers.

OH MAN! That was quite awesome. Very nice beginning and then it gets totally wired! Its a little slow in the middle but its probably to get you ready for the extreme electric guitar later on. And i really like the stops. Earlier you asked for something constructive... well I would only add one thing at the end. Bowser laughing! That would be great. Just one laugh before his bridge falls down :wink:(preferably an evil laugh)

It's rare (read: never) that I review songs and I haven't posted anything in the WIP forums in forever, however I just wanted to take this opportunity to say the guitar solo that starts at 3:23 and wraps up this 4:16 of awesome is hands down the best guitar work I have ever heard posted on OCR. It's one of those things that makes you proud to have the song just so you can run around to your friends saying "you've gotta hear this". Definately nice work here. Your skills have earned my infinite respect.

Prizm did one hell of a job on this mix. I've listened to a good number of SMB remixes, and Prizm is the only artist that's took on the castle theme. This remix continues to hold a level of darkness throughout the music. Which is really cool. What would you be thinking if you were just a plumber doing his job, then all of a sudden be in a world where nothing is like your home-world, only to be confronted by a huge monster over 3 times your size? You'd be feeling pretty dark, too! But at 2:47, the song goes ballistic and appeals very much to my metalhead side, pumping up the tempo and the mood. My friends, I don't think Nintendo ever envisioned this kind of feeling when SMB was created. Prizm, keep up the good work! Let us feel it!

• 3 weeks later...

I really really do like this one. I probably listened to it four times in a row at the very least when I got it. Just listening to it made me think of villainry metal-style. I think you should try doing a remix off of battle music of any random RPG, preferably one that's not already on the site. If you can take Bowser's castle theme and turn it into something this good, I could only imagine how it would end up if you did something like FF7's Still More Fighting theme.

• 3 months later...

...holy s***.

I've been ghosting OCremix for sometime now, stealing tracks and listening. I, however, with extensive music knowledge, am very critical of many that I hear. Thus far, about five remixes have really hit me as amazing.

This is one of them.

I was incredibly impressed with this song all over. I was one of those kids that felt lucky to have the original Nintendo when I was young, and one of the games I played the most? You bet your butt it was Super Mario Bros. I played it so much I have very intricate knowledge of the music, and whoever says that this piece is lacking in the original castle theme music needs to take a few classes and listen to the original again. Focus less on gameplay, more on music...afterall, that's what this is all about.

I liked the mellow yet harsh tones at the beginning, but yes, I felt like the track should have been 'Bowser is Mildly Annoyed'. When the guitar slammed in around 2:40, it shifted gears to 'Bowser Wants to Rip Your Throat Out and Wear It As A Hat'. I loved it.

Always at the top of my play list.

Well done, PriZm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01328 - Super Mario Bros. "Bowser Is Pissed"