OCR02488 - Donkey Kong Country "A Hint of Blue"

djpretzel

I am a huge fan of the source to the point that I am very picky about remixes of it. I admit I was a little skeptical at first but once the cross-panned bit came in I started to warm up to it. But holy frig when that guitar and quarter note synth bass line hit I was totally sold. This mix is full of so many emotions. Even the watery ending was fitting instead of just another water ending to a water level song. May this be the first of many submissions!

What I love so much about this mix is that it is fresh; and thats not to take credit away from any other remix of this source on the site. Especially with this mix being the source material that it is, and there being countless mixes of this song all across the internet. Yet with the selection and usage of samples, the mixing, it all ushers in a new approach to this specific source. I am definitely looking foward to more of your mixes! Now to the download page.

This is superlative. I don't think I properly appreciated just how timeless and classic this mix was until I read DJP's glowing writeup, and I must have listened to this at least a dozen times before that. However, after listening with a fresh perspective, I realized just how seamlessly Mordi has blended the source tune with his own original writing, and how absolutely flawless the production is... I'm really glad I've come around to love this as much as I do now :-) Excellent job guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ah, man, so slick and smooth like a nice shiny stone. And that electric guitar fits in so well as a driver to the main watery melody, helping things move along. For a downbeat, chill ReMix, this manages to keep a lot of the musical arrangement in the forefront and keep things interesting, which is cool and what I like to see from more easy-going ReMixes. Good job, you two.

• 1 year later...

There are a lot of Aquatic Ambience mixes, sure, but this one stands out for me, because it manages to keep the feeling of ambience from the original. The intro is very long, almost quarter of the whole thing, but it's perfect for the mellow, relaxing mood of this mix. And once this track picks up, it becomes even better. Even the guitar doesn't spoil the idle atmosphere here. Also, gotta love that tides + ivories break ot 5:08. This work is sooo sweeeet ans sooo dreamy. Love it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 10/18/2013 at 5:48 PM, Crulex said:

Ah, man, so slick and smooth like a nice shiny stone. And that electric guitar fits in so well as a driver to the main watery melody, helping things move along. For a downbeat, chill ReMix, this manages to keep a lot of the musical arrangement in the forefront and keep things interesting, which is cool and what I like to see from more easy-going ReMixes. Good job, you two.

Thanks a lot, Crulex!

On 1/29/2015 at 2:28 PM, Black_Doom said:

There are a lot of Aquatic Ambience mixes, sure, but this one stands out for me, because it manages to keep the feeling of ambience from the original. The intro is very long, almost quarter of the whole thing, but it's perfect for the mellow, relaxing mood of this mix. And once this track picks up, it becomes even better. Even the guitar doesn't spoil the idle atmosphere here. Also, gotta love that tides + ivories break ot 5:08. This work is sooo sweeeet ans sooo dreamy. Love it.

Thanks a lot, Black_Doom! I studied original quite a lot, and I believe I also extracted the individual channels of it to get as close as I could with some elements. I think that goes a long way to keep the original feel.

On 2/28/2015 at 9:41 PM, Loning said:

Great mix! I dont get tired of Aquatic Ambiance as a track that gets remixed. This is definitely in my top two for this particular song so far. Very well done and excellent job putting it together.

Thanks Loning!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02488 - Donkey Kong Country "A Hint of Blue"