Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02499 - Final Fantasy VII 'Death, Rebirth, Life - 1986'

Gosh. > u < I usually hate ReMixes that take so much liberty with the impact of the song, but this just plain works.

I can just imagine Jenova dancing in an 80's disco club while listening to this.

Gotta say, this is honestly a direction I never would've thought of taking J-E-N-O-V-A - and it completely works. Good idea, great execution, definitely a track I'm going to be listening to for a long time. :nicework:

Hey, this is pretty dang smart. Really like the 180 on the original feel. Very well done. Didn't remind me of the 80's as much as you probably wanted it to, but I got what you were going for there. Good times!

Damn, this is sweet! Great vibe that definitely has that 80's feel but just kinda updates it somewhat. Love the arrangement and the sound design. Very catchy and "rad"!

Hm, you've given it an 80's disco feel. Interesting.

The stabs at 0:43 were an interesting transition.

Really nice lead at 1:06. Some creative stuff going on here. It's not overly impressive, but it's pretty cool. Sweet toms too.

Now that I think about it, the beginning and end leads sound like a guitar. xD

I've always hated Jenova's theme. That said, I love this remix! It takes a song that's meant to be dark, and you made it into a cheery fun song. Kudos, good sir, kudos.

Haha, very clever! 80's style with Jenova, and yet it totally works! That's pretty damn cool. While I would also have loved to hear a vocalist match this thing up, as it is, it's one of those ReMixes that makes me grin simply because of the arrangement. Damn good ReMix, Anti-Syne!

This mix is a little criminal in the best way possible. It's such a far departure that it isn't even on the same planet as the original, but somehow avoids being alienating.

Nice! Jack certainly nailed the retro-ish soundscape in this mix. I'd never imagine the over-popular JENOVA theme done in this way, but it actually works pretty well. Sweet disco transition @ 2:44! And yeah, I feel the lack of female vocals too.

Wow, very refreshing to hear a mix of JENOVA that isn't fast tempo techno/trance (nothing against it, it just seemed difficult to dissociate the source from the genre). Changing to 80s synth pop certainly gives it a bouncier, walking-down-the-street vibe as opposed to the intense, dramatic flavor of the original. If you asked me to remix a song from FF7 in the style of mid-tempo 80s pop, this wouldn't have been my first choice. Credit that to Anti-Syne for having the creativity to make it happen.

To think that Anti-Syne did something that is essentially a synthwave remix back in 2012 is quite amazing! :o Been one of my favorite FF7 remixes since back then, no question! :D