OCR00814 - Final Fantasy IX "dubnofantasyaloneman"

Ginnsu

• 3 weeks later...

8O

Sitting here listening to this song over and over with the rain pouring outside...it really fits smoothly together.

Er on that same note, so does sitting there at 3:40 in the morning, listening to this while staring at the moon because you have nothing better to do.

I put duct tape over the lights on my monitor because they were bothering me that night >_<.

Im a weirdo. Good mix.

-Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You say this remix helps get You're Not Alone out of your head? For me it does just the opposite. I absolutely love this remix. The more I listen to it, the more I can't get it out of my head. And dare I say it? I think I like this version better than the actual You're Not Alone. But djpretzel, you're one of the best remixers on the site, if not the best. So I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Amazing remix!

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with this remix. Its really, really good. I had my doubts at the beginning (which does sound a bit like Cops..) but after I had listened to the whole thing I knew I was going to be obsessed for a longgg time.

FFIX completely aside (that is, the original song aside,) this mix has sex appeal. And I rarely say that about songs. But sex, if you didn't know, is very good.

Ahh, the attraction level of intangible things.

OH and I love the Underworld reference. :D

• 4 months later...

Heh, I laughed out loud once this song got going. After listening to a lot of techno and trance remixes, and a couple piano ones, this reggae-styled electronica meet string chord song just threw me off entirely--but worry not, it did so in a positive way. I loved it, and while I couldn't listen to it in excess, that first time is such a charmer. Thanks for the beat!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

As it turns out, I happened to come across this song through ormgas while fairly drunk. Due solely to the comment in the review about inebriation, I felt the need to comment that yes, indeed, I am considering this a really neat song. Will I still think that tomorrow? Probably - I'm paying attention to the amount of variation, and this level is pretty high. The instruments also seem pretty realistic, and there are some neat harmonies. So, while I might not have given it a 5/5 on ormgas if I was sober, I would almost certainly have given it at least a 4 ;).

• 1 month later...

I signed up for this song and i just gotta say i loved it..

Played it on a beach party and everyone loved it cuz of the funky tune.. Sad thing was that i where the only one who knew where the music originated from :D

Keep ut the great work djpretzel :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude, is this your first try at reggae? I don´t know how reggae is going to sound, but this is awesome, so I don´t care. VERY funky, I liked that organ/synth/bagpipe that played the melody, and the bass, DUDE, this is all just a great proof why pretzeldude has the legal rights to own this site. Hyper Kudos for making such a masterpiece, the name is hard to remember though.

And I know where I remember this musicstyle from some game, but which?

I am cursed by Monkey Island, because that's what all reggae-ish music sounds like to me now.

THAT´S IT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

djpretzel for president.

This is an awesome remix. When I first heard it, I was made a reaction similar to "ubuuhh?" This mix is very different. Like I think "You Are Not Alone", I don't think awesome reggae dub etc. You used a lot of big words in your write up that I'm not familiar with. I don't know the first thing about remixing and synthesizers and Frooty looops and whatnot, but I do know a good remix when I hear one.

10/10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, this was an awesome mix back in the day, plus it completely holds up now. It's a drastically different take on the original that I enjoy for its sheer interpretiveness. It's got a great groove and really unique textures. I do wish the track had a bit more overt melodic focus, but that's only because I think it would appeal to others more that way. I personally love it as is. Looking at when it was posted (October 2002), I get nostalgic about including this one back on my radio show, even before it became VG Frequency. Really well-polished, this was indicative of OCR's quality and professional quality as well, even if it was less consistent at the time.

• 1 year later...
Yeah, this was an awesome mix back in the day, plus it completely holds up now.

I was surprised to see the date. It's rock solid. I especially like that little thing done with the violin (and later guitar), that "stuttering attack" thing. Things like that make sampled instruments go a mile longer than when played "as is". Heck, of course they're good on real recorded takes too. :) This is a fine track in all the other respects as well (and yeah, I'm reminded of Monkey Island too), but that's a great detail!

--Eino

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00814 - Final Fantasy IX "dubnofantasyaloneman"