Relaxing OC ReMixes?

Vince

Hi all, I was just curious if anyone has particular suggestions for relaxing mixes. You know, stuff that one might listen to while trying to study or just before going to sleep.

While doing either, I typically listen to stuff that isn't too bass heavy or fast-paced with minimal lyrics.

Mixes like JigginJonT's Silent Progression F-Zero, Wingless' OneGirl In All The World Metroid, Klutz's 600AD in Piano, and SGX's Ico Save Me mix just to name a few.

I have not stayed current with all the new material so I'm looking forward to your suggestions! Have a good one!

Genso Suikoden 2 - Reminiscence (Deep Sleep) by Hazama is probably -THE- most relaxing mix on the site.

also:

songs by Pot Hocket

Metal Gear Solid 2 - May Fortune Smile Upon You by Vigilante

NiGHTS - Good NiGHT by prozax

Secret of Mana - Pure Lands (Total Darkness) by Children of the Monkey Machine

Secret of Mana - Dirge for the Frosty Plains by Matt Pollard

Secret of Evermore - K-PAX for Evermore by mazedude

Best advice I can give you is to download everything by the artists you've mentioned yourself, then pick random remixes and see if you run into something you like. I've found lots of cool stuff that way, and I haven't heard everything yet.

Here's from my calm stuff playlist. Some are more relaxing than others. Note that some of them aren't listed with their game, it's because they're from when I was bothered by seeing the game in the song name. I'll contain it in a quote box to make the post cleaner.

Donkey Kong Country 2 Set Sail by Blizihizake

Kirby Superstar Floating Islands of Grand Beach Manitoba by Double A Ron

Donkey Kong Country Blue Vision by bLiNd

Super Mario Bros. 2 SuperBuckJazz by Estradasphere

Into the Golden Sunset by BogusRed

Final Fantasy 6 Little Painter Girl by Adam Dachis

Jurassic Park Concerto for Velociraptor by Koelsch1

Secret Seashells by Miku

Tattered Slippers by DarkeSword

Darkworld Jazz by Gux

Phantasy Star Alis Overture by djpretzel

Crystals Of Kakariko by NoppZ, Protricity

World of Warcraft All Nations Rise by The Wingless

A Rose for Zelda by Tepid

Aquescent Symphony by Theophany

Nayru's Love by Dhsu, GrayLightning

Breath of Fire HisFirstGoodDeed by Trenthian

Sahasralah's Homecoming by Neskvartetten

Mega Man Cutman Sonata by McVaffe

Chrono Trigger Time Chill by mv

Symphonic Ballade by Bladiator, GrayLightning

Guardian Legend Rosenthorne by The Wingless

Epona's Pastorale by Abadoss

Ganon's Temple by Neskvartetten

Hyrule Wimbledon by ktriton

A Link To The Piano by Zoola

Kirby Superstar Victory Festival by Geoffrey Taucer, Usa

Terranigma Aquamarine by mv

Kirby's Dreamland Chopinesque Kirby by Bladiator

Super Metroid The Galaxy Is At Peace by Daniel Baranowsky

Sugar, Water, Purple by Shnabubula

Super Mario 64 PearlSong by The Wingless

Brinstar Bonsai Garden by Red Tailed Fox

Hostile But Cuddly by Cloud

Chrono Trigger 600 A.D. in Piano by kLuTz

Pilotwings 64 Midnight Altitude by jcd

F-Zero Blue Vacation by LousySpy

Grandia 2 A Deus ex Harpa (Second Seal Mix) by Darkesword

Seiken Densetsu 3 Within The Fable by Destiny

Pachelbel's Ganon by djpretzel

A Fate Preordained by LindsayAnne Klemm

Jazz of Zelda by Silent World - Wide

Guardian Legend The Scarlet Halls of Night by The Wingless

Waltz for Zora by Neskvartetten

Memories of the Sea by Joe Bommarito

Super Mario World Grand Valse Mario by bladiator

Mega Man 8 Frosty Delight by DJ Chako (Trevor)

Secret of Mana Dragon Song by Harmony

Metroid Prime 2 Torvus Clockwork by Darkesword

Secret of Mana Aphrodite Oceanus by The Wingless

Chrono Trigger Predetermination by Tyler Heath

Mega Man 5 Good Night, Li'l Man by texx sound

Ancient Hero by DarkeSword

Mega Man 2 Chillout by SEDUCTiON

Link Goes to New Orleans by Neskvartetten

Eutopia Pegasi by Destiny, The Wingless

Final Fantasy 10 Summoner's Love by DragonAvenger, EFields

Lufia 2 Christmas in the Village (Silver Bells) by Dale North

Suikoden Cliff the Great Crusader by Trenthian

Ten Rupees by Neskvartetten

Grand Dreams - A Heros Legacy by Starblaze

Seiken Densetsu 3 This Heart by Destiny

I made a megamix of relaxing OCRemixes/VGMixes ---> Aural Pulchritude / (flac)

.................................................................................[170MB.............../..448MB]

^tracklisting.

I've gotten a compliment on it via PM for exactly the purpose the original poster wants. Personally I wouldn't be able to focus on studying with this type of music. (Energetic or even meaningless music like gangster rap actually does a better job of that.) But the guy via PM didn't seem to have a problem so try it out. Right now I'm enjoying djp's Chinatown(BadSushi), which appears to be a really underrated mix. I wouldn't mind listening to it forever from a relaxing standpoint.

(If anyone is interested in sending me lossless audio files for their remixes, I'd be willing to have them for these editing purposes. [Which is at least one reason why having FLACs would be useful.])

Guess I'll make a list for individual song purposes below.

[00:00] FINAL FANTASY XI...........HEAVENLY ANEW...........................MV...................vgmix2
[05:32] CHRONO TRIGGER.............ZEAL PALACE (TRANCE MIX)................ALEXANDER PRIEVERT...neither
[11:55] RAGNAROK ONLINE............JADE MARS...............................STRIDER YOKOSHIMA....vgmix1
[15:10] CHRONO TRIGGER.............GREEN AMNESIA...........................DISCO DAN............ocr
[20:14] SECRET OF MANA.............APHRODITE OCEANUS.......................THE WINGLESS.........ocr
[23:21] FINAL FANTASY VIII.........MADAME BALAMB...........................FATTY ACID...........vgmix2
[28:34] METROID....................SUGAR, WATER, PURPLE....................SHNABUBULA...........ocr
[29:40] FINAL FANTASY VIII.........THE LOST HORIZON........................DESTRUCTO............vgmix2
[32:21] BLASTER MASTER.............INTO THE EARTH..........................NINES................ocr
[36:49] DRAGON VIEW................APOCRYPHAL..............................ALUMINUM.............ocr
[39:54] PHANTASY STAR II...........SLICK UNIFORMS..........................QUINN FOX............vgmix2
[43:26] CAVE STORY.................MOON RHAPSODY...........................DRUMULTIMA...........ocr
[47:13] FINAL FANTASY III..........WINDS OF ETERNITY.......................AVIEN................ocr
[50:30] DARK CLOUD.................LASAIA'S RESTING PLACE..................DEV..................ocr
[53:14] UNREAL.....................ALTERED ATMOSPHERE......................ELISHA...............vgmix2
[56:50] UNREAL.....................ABOVE AND BEYOND........................ELISHA...............vgmix2
[59:37] PHANTASY STAR II...........MAMABRAIN...............................QUINN FOX............ocr
[61:24] SECRET OF MANA.............DRAGON SONG.............................HARMONY..............ocr
[63:37] FINAL FANTASY ADVENTURE....NOTES ON REVELATION IN A PUBLIC PLACE...ZIWTRA...............ocr
[67:02] EARTHBOUND.................DREAMING ON DISTANT SHORES..............RELLIK...............ocr
[70:59] SUPER METROID..............MEGADANCE MIX 2002......................MIDIMAN..............ocr
[74:12] ICO........................SAVE ME (OCR EDIT)......................SUPERGREENX..........ocr

2nd disc will be a tad more on the groove side

disc 2 (doesn't exist yet) prospective possibilities list in no particular order:

[00:00] ICO.....................SAVE ME (AP EDIT)..............SUPERGREENX.........ocr( / vgmix maybe)
[XX:XX] SOCKET..................TRIPTHELIGHTFANTASTIC..........DJPRETZEL...........ocr
[XX:XX] PHANTASY STAR II........BURNTMOTA......................DJPRETZEL...........ocr
[XX:XX] PARASITE EVE............MITOCHONDRIATIC PHASE..........JOSHUA MORSE........vgmix2
[XX:XX] VORTEX..................GROOVE-MECHA...................MCVAFFE.............ocr
[XX:XX] FINAL FANTASY 6.........AGONY OF OBSCURATION...........DANIEL BARANOWSKY...ocr
[XX:XX] SONIC ADVENTURE.........TAIKAL DRUM'N'RAGGA............MCVAFFE.............ocr
[XX:XX] FINAL FANTASY 7.........HEART'S ANXIETY................CERACRYST...........ocr
[XX:XX] CHRONO TRIGGER..........AUTUMN IN YESTERYEAR GUARDIA...PROTRICITY..........vgmix2
[XX:XX] DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2...FOREST BIRDCUSSION.............PROTRICITY..........ocr
[XX:XX] ARKANOID................GALWAY IS GOD..................INFAMOUS............remix.kwed.org
[XX:XX] SONIC 2.................REICH LAKE.....................MAZEDUDE............ocr
[XX:XX] SONIC THE HEDGEHOG......LOVE HURTS.....................DJPRETZEL...........ocr
[XX:XX] SUPER MARIO RPG.........SEEKING HEAT...................SINE................ocr
[XX:XX] LEMMINGS................LOUNGE LEMMINGS................MAZEDUDE............ocr
[XX:XX] SEGA RALLY..............SOLACE IN SECOND...............QUINN FOX...........vgmix2
[XX:XX] RISTAR..................H2O............................QUINN FOX...........vgmix2
[XX:XX] TETRIS..................TETRIS X-3.....................CORRAN..............vgmix2
[XX:XX] PHANTASY STAR ONLINE....UNEXPLORED CONTACT.............QUINN FOX...........vgmix2
[XX:XX] DOUBLE DRAGON 3.........FLOATING NINJA KICKS...........DIGIMATIC...........vgmix1
[XX:XX] REVENGE OF SHINOBI......CHINATOWN(BADSUSHI)............DJPRETZEL...........ocr
[XX:XX] VARIOUS.................ASIAN LEGENDS..................REYN OUWEHAND.......Nexus 6581
[XX:XX] DONKEY KONG COUNTRY.....BEYOND THE WAVES...............ELISHA..............vgmix2
[XX:XX] DONKEY KONG COUNTRY.....BLUE VISION....................BLIND...............ocr
[XX:XX] STAR CONTROL 2..........THROUGH THE ANGLES OF SPACE....MARK VERA...........ocr
[XX:XX] XENOGEARS...............XENOSPHERE.....................OCEANFIRE...........ocr
[XX:XX] MEGA MAN 4..............LET THERE BE LIGHT.............AMIEVIL.............ocr
[XX:XX] SOUKAIGI................AFTERSHOCK.....................ZIWTRA..............ocr

pretty much anything by quinn fox except his Umaro FF6 mix

Hey, thanks for the responses everyone! I'll be sure to check them out when I have more time after I get through with my exam finals (wished I would have had your suggestions while studying for them!).

Take care, I'll share some more of my favorites and comment on your suggestions when time permits!

AlisiaDragoon "HallsofAbandonment" by LastUnicron

Right ON! Probably my most favouritest-est-est remix ever in the history of ever... along with Homard's/Homer Simpson's "Fists of Alloy".

Halls of Abandonment also happens to be infinitely superior to the source tune in every way (and I'm a BIG fan of Alisia Dragoon and the OST).

Edit: Also mutagene's Shadow of the Beast remixes are absolutely divine... especially the remix for the second game.

• 7 months later...