Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Kyle Crouse, Shell Shocked Director, Around the World Co-Director
Ganon (+8000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willrock View Post
Full force was in my opinion the BEST battle theme

But whatever, the album is ace. I'm loving it so far, got past the first two discs :P
I'm not big on it personally. We did strongly consider it given that it is the first battle theme in the game, but other, more prominent battle themes won out.
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Enter my two pence on the whole Full Force argument.

When I first played Symphonia and heard the track as the core battle theme for Sylvarant, I initially thought it sounded catchy and it had me wondering why it wasn't covered. However, as Kyle pointed out, he ended up picking a lot of battle themes that managed to surprass it on a melodic and/or climatic level for this thing, and I have to agree with him on his selection.

Talking of which, "Keen Edged Blade" is one of MY favorite battle tracks in Symphonia. Silas's take, while cool to listen to from a project perspective, somehow seems to be rubbing shoulders with me as it sounds like a liberal take on the theme. Can anyone provide a source breakdown in case I'm missing something?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Seph
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to SephAguraki Send a message via MSN to SephAguraki Send a message via Yahoo to SephAguraki
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJCrb View Post
I'm not big on it personally. We did strongly consider it given that it is the first battle theme in the game, but other, more prominent battle themes won out.
This is probably getting a bit annoying for you by now (Sorry... 8[ ), but no Symphonia overworld themes?

And I have no idea why but "Tales & Trials" vaguely reminds me of the Tales of the Abyss track "The place of relaxation".
Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephAguraki View Post
This is probably getting a bit annoying for you by now (Sorry... 8[ ), but no Symphonia overworld themes?
That kind of annoyed me too, but at least I did something about it.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Chris Roman
Akuma (+1100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Hemophiliac Send a message via MSN to Hemophiliac Send a message via Skype™ to Hemophiliac
Quote:
And I have no idea why but "Tales & Trials" vaguely reminds me of the Tales of the Abyss track "The place of relaxation".
I had never heard that song until now, and i can kinda see why you might think that. Similar choices made in orchestration and whatnot.

<djpretzel> he's a hemophiliac, philiac oh yeah. And he's bleeding like he's never bled before.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Seph
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to SephAguraki Send a message via MSN to SephAguraki Send a message via Yahoo to SephAguraki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
That kind of annoyed me too, but at least I did something about it.
Awesome, I will check this out.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Ganon (+8000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
Enter my two pence on the whole Full Force argument.

When I first played Symphonia and heard the track as the core battle theme for Sylvarant, I initially thought it sounded catchy and it had me wondering why it wasn't covered. However, as Kyle pointed out, he ended up picking a lot of battle themes that managed to surprass it on a melodic and/or climatic level for this thing, and I have to agree with him on his selection.

Talking of which, "Keen Edged Blade" is one of MY favorite battle tracks in Symphonia. Silas's take, while cool to listen to from a project perspective, somehow seems to be rubbing shoulders with me as it sounds like a liberal take on the theme. Can anyone provide a source breakdown in case I'm missing something?
It's very liberal, but what I think silas did was mainly base the track on the section at :38 in the original, and if you listen to the rhythm/bassline, there are some similarities, although obviously the remix is much, much slower.

Quote:
I will admit, this was kind of an oversight on our part. We had a tough time paring down the Symphonia side of the project, considering there are so many good original tracks there, and we did leave out a few that in retrospect, we shouldn't have. Luckily, we'll be adding Showroom Dummy's remix from PRC119 (which Rexy just linked to), along with a few more bonus tracks that I found to the website soon.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Seph
Goomba (+100)

Kyle, you are awesome and how can I throw my money-- erm, how can I thank you for being so awesome?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Ganon (+8000)

Quote:
Kyle, you are awesome and how can I throw my money-- erm, how can I thank you for being so awesome?
Spread the word and post the project link around, get more people to Digg the album, and if you want to pay someone, donate to OCR. That's all.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Cain McCormack, Judge, Worlds Apart Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
And I have to comment...that Apogee is epically beautiful...Last Battle ~Decision~ is solidly my favorite Symphonia track.
aw

I remember rushing the guitar stuff together in december 2006 around christmas because Kyle was pressing the final wav deadline of 7th Jan 2007 or something.

lulz