Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Love it

As said, there are too few Pokemon remixes, and this is a good reason for why there should be more.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Carrie

Inexplicably, while listening to this song for the first time, I got that tingly feeling in my nose that I get when I'm just about to cry. If you were trying to trigger my nostalgia, consider yourself successful. I've always loved Pokemon music and it never seems to get the remixes it deserves. Hearing the GSC generation represented here made me so happy. This is a wonderful medley; all of the tunes blend together excellently, never overpowering one another. It's full of energy and rhythm, while still keeping true to the original. It reminds me a bit of the Japanese remixer hapi⇒'s remixes, if you're familiar with him at all. (His Kirby and Pokemon ones tend to provoke the same 'about to cry from rush of happy memories' feeling from me.)

My only wish is that there was more of it! I'd love to hear you take on some of the other tunes from the game.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Jonas Loman
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

decent mix, i'm not so fond of some things that tend to have dB issues, but i can't really tell unless i get better speakers.

and, for the lulz:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...2656b205c6.png

Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Wes M., Judge, Double the Trouble! Director
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Proto, you are a BAMF! The synth mangling, the retro-sounding orchestra hits (and the rest of the sounds used, too) and the way all the pieces of music were linked together with sound effects and clever transitions make this one of the most FUN remixes I've heard in a long time.

You seem like a genuinely talented dude with a lot of passion for music, so please keep bringing it to the table like this Proto I'm so stoked for all of your Pokémon mixes!

By the way, I liked the fadeout actually, though I think it could have lasted a little bit longer. No complaints from me on that count

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM

This is way too catchy! Pressing play one more time...
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Faisal

Whoa! Thats So Catchy!

An Awesome mix, I hope to see more work, because this was amazing! 10/10
Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Jamison
Eggplant Wizard (+300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

(late lol)

I listened to this seven times. The creativity in this mix is just superb! I'm also a big fan of that percussion throughout, and the little hits at the beginning and at later parts.

This pumps me up for the Missingno Tracks so much :XX

(click it)
Old 10-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Nathan Becker
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

The beepz around 0:50 sound like the world's cutest bus honking its horn. Beep beep! ;o

I loooove this mix, and it typifies PROTODOME's remixing tendencies perfectly in that it is both awesome and a Pokemon remix.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Aaron Corbitt
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to urdailywater Send a message via Skype™ to urdailywater
This was the first song I heard on the site. It was disappointing to know this was one of the only Pokemon mixes at the time, but it was also better than anything you could find on Youtube, so I couldn't complain.

Congratulations mister ProtoDome, with this song alone you had created another chiptune fanatic! The melody writing here is absolutely perfect. In fact, there's not really anything in this song that doesn't sound great IMO. It's catchy and cute - take my money!

The fadeout didn't bother me that much either. It makes me laugh now because it seemed like your song wanted to go on longer, but it had to conform to the ProtoDome standards.

Tags
chiptune, synth, electronic