Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Yeah but they're from the TV show not the game, if they were going to do that the Pokemon trainer would look like Ash instead of Red.

Well, Jesse James and Meowth were in Yellow version... Ash and pals were in Puzzle League on N64. Not to mention all the voices from the Pokemon themselves are from the show. So there is some kind of precedent that they don't mind borrowing from the show.

Meh, they could make it happen if they wanted to. Not holding my breath, but if they really wanted to they could. It's all Nintendo's property.

@ this update:

Hmm, I'm willing to bet some scrolling stages will just see a change in current direction, while others will just be shifted a little. All stages probably have a set couple of directions you can go in. Shifts down in stationary stages will be annoying; the horizontal area to get knocked out of will be the same, but the distance you can go vertically will be greatly diminished.

I doubt they would make it so that their is no platforms to land on... I don't think it makes sense to be like that... but... it IS the devil.

This seems like it has a high propensity to get really annoying. It'll probably end up bunched with other moves people hate.... like Togepi's NightShade attack.

Interesting, but... meh. Obviously, this pales in comparison to the wicked awesome Pokemon trainer announcement, but then again, almost anything probably will.

Edit: that foosball is the devil.

Yeah but they're from the TV show not the game, if they were going to do that the Pokemon trainer would look like Ash instead of Red.

In Pokémon Yellow there are Jessie & James...but I'll prefer a REAL Team Rocket, something serious like was in Red&Blue (a sort of mafia to my opinion)

Another interesting assist trophy. Kind of poke-floats-esque with the stage moving from right under your feet.

Well, I finally got some gameplay footage up on youtube. It took me WAY to long to get my capture card to do what I wanted and then finding the right file type to encode the movie in was a pain.

Virtual Dub basically failed me, so I ended up using Windows Movie Maker of all things. I certainly wasn't expecting it to work as well as it did, but it's capture function was actually better than VDub's. Or at least it was simple enough for me to do what I wanted.

Link:

The General (me) and Graham vs. Scotty and Icey.

Feel free to critique. You won't hurt my feelings.

In Pokémon Yellow there are Jessie & James...but I'll prefer a REAL Team Rocket, something serious like was in Red&Blue (a sort of mafia to my opinion)

I am well aware of that, but the Yellow version was based on the TV show, as were a few of the other games. Sure it's possible, but I think it's very very unlikely that stuff derived for/from the anime will end up in brawl, just because of the nature of smash bros games.

I too would like to see the game rocket rather than Jessie and James.

Not much to say on todays update, it certainly did get me to giggle though.

also, good assist trophy. perfect use of the head hopping thingy

I assume you're thinking of the Footstool Jump and that was my first thought too.

While I'm still a bit leery of the concept of that maneuver, I can foresee it being a necessary tool to survive this trophy on most stages. Although, given that, the trophy can't last too long or else you'll run out of people to bounce off and Meteor Smash into oblivion. This also makes me think that the Footstool Jump will be infinitely repeatable, but simply difficult to execute.

Another interesting assist trophy. Kind of poke-floats-esque with the stage moving from right under your feet.

Well, I finally got some gameplay footage up on youtube. It took me WAY to long to get my capture card to do what I wanted and then finding the right file type to encode the movie in was a pain.

Virtual Dub basically failed me, so I ended up using Windows Movie Maker of all things. I certainly wasn't expecting it to work as well as it did, but it's capture function was actually better than VDub's. Or at least it was simple enough for me to do what I wanted.

Link:

Don't really have time at the moment to say a whole lot but you're not bad. Maybe a little hasty at anticipating your opponent's moves, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Your partner is a pretty awesome teammate, also. XD

Link:

You guys play together well, so that's a plus. I would suggest using the shine more often to break apart the ICs, and then having your way with Nana. Overall, pretty good team effort. That C. Falcon seemed to do more harm to his own team than good.

Whoa. Been a while. I haven't been posting on the OCR for a while now, been busy smashing and going on smashboards more often now. Here's a recent vid of me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tms3qYU_9QA Oh, and I'm Zelda.

Enjoy.

Wow, nice Zelda. I'd really like to ditto you at some point.

-_-'

Well, it'll be cool to see some character art from old games, although, realistically this is pretty useless imo. What's the point? If I wanted to do this I could download a zillion different images from the net and just copy-paste them together in PhotoShop with more ease and more functionality.

There has to be more to this. I don't believe Nintendo would put some "creation feature" into a game that does nothing more than waste space (and time). Sure, it might be fun, but maybe creating an online avatar or something? Maybe wallpaper for the background for the menus.

There HAS to be something more to the whole sticker concept than just sticking stickers on to a piece of virtual paper and saving it... I mean even Camera mode could save interesting shots IN-GAME... I mean, this is just 2D images that you just place... that's it?!

In fact, I BET THIS is the online component of Smash Bros! I bet you'll share these online... i bet that's what SSBB's "online functionality" will be (taking into account Nintendo's reluctance to pursue a real online gaming experience).

Now if you could make levels and place stickers into those levels (like you can in the LittleBigPlanet video demonstrations) then that's useful little feature... but... just paper? Meh.

It'll be fun to collect them, it was always fun unlocking something in Smash Bros Melee... but.. again, the concept is kind of "meh" for me.

-_-'

In fact, I BET THIS is the online component of Smash Bros! I bet you'll share these online... i bet that's what SSBB's "online functionality" will be (taking into account Nintendo's reluctance to pursue a real online gaming experience).

Ugggh, if you're right about this....

But yeah, what they should do with this is allow you to design some kind of an emblem and then stick it ONTO a character, a la F-Zero GX or Mario Kart DS. Personalize it a bit. Maybe. That would still be "meh", just not so much as this. Now, if you could just draw freely and then post THAT online, things would be a bit more interesting. But they'd never do it.