Sign in to follow this  
Pi_R_Squared

BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

1,617 posts in this topic

So, wassup my fellow badasses? Thought I'd bump us up a little bit, get us back in the peoples minds. Also, there have been some developments,. RoeTaKa has given us a pretty much completed track, just needs some tender love & care.

My gear is almost up, so I'll be starting up again on the Nemesis theme from Biohazard3.

Expect something later this month...something badass! ;-)

Edit: I've got like 25% of the song done. So next month seems definitely more realistic in fact.

Progress is being made little by little... but now is the time to work on your mixes guys (vacation and all). Yea yea that includes me too :P

How did I not see this sooner!?

Okay, so I don't really have a remixing setup that's 100% solid yet, meaning I'm not sure when I'll be able to contribute, but I will say this...

I would LOVE to see a remix of some of the "boss"-ish tracks from the ORIGINAL Super Smash Bros.; Those tracks were vastly underappreciated, since for whatever reason Nintendo/HAL went mostly towards epic orchestral(-ish) in Melee and Brawl.

Some links:

(Metal Mario)

(Polygon Team)

(Master Hand)

I'd love to contribute to a rocking rendition of any of these. I play bass, though it's anybody's guess whether it'll be of a decent quality or not.

Oh, idea. Would anyone be up for trying to take the Master Hand theme and adding original lyrics to it? I had some ideas in my head earlier, but nothing's sticking together. I just want to get this out there so that I've committed the idea to "paper" (work with me here) and hopefully won't forget.

Feel free to PM me with any thoughts, unless it's along the lines of directly contributing to these ideas. I don't want this thread flooded with fruitless discussion along these lines :-)

Oh, and before I forget: Props to The Joker and whoever your predecessor was for conceiving of this idea; it's absolutely brilliant. I hope this succeeds!

So, update. For the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna have less & less time to do stuff. So,if you need to get in touch with someone about the project, send me & pu-freak a pm or whatever. Just to make sure we get back to you in time.

I'll still have time enough the following weeks, so just send a PM and I'll get back to whoever has a question or anything

So... I've been back on the horse, riding hard (wait... that's sounds wrong)! Anyway, I've been contacting the guys on the project, & have yet to hear back from some of you. I need an status update on tracks, & need some sort of word. So far the guys I need an update of are:

Demonstray

JMR

Leepmeister

I just need some sort of progress report soon. Send it to either me, or pu_freak.

Also, we could use a few more mixers & track! So, yeah, jump in 'dis MuggerFogger!

Well, I just updated mine.

btw you can take Tensei off my track. Too many other mixes and/or too much real life, that guy. ;)

Oh and leepmeister... I need an update from you too, for your sd3 track. PM me.

I stilL assert that "Illusionary Dance" from Castlevania as Dracula's Theme would be awesome to add to this project. It's been his theme in no less than 4 Castlevania games thus far.

I still assert that more remixers would be awesome to add to this project.

I completely agree

We now have a new recruit! DJ Mokram is now offically on the project. Welcome aboard!

Excellent! Welcome, Mokram!

Furthermore, I am still working on that WiP; it is VERY hard to figure out the timing in a way I can program in Cubase. Bear with me, I'll have it as soon as I can make it. (Which will be pretty quick if I have any choice in the matter)

DJ Mokram is now offically on the project. Welcome aboard!
Excellent! Welcome, Mokram!

Thanks. I've just found out about this.

Hopefully I'll be able to deliver more than just a project banner. ;-)

Hey, great idea of project !

I really want to participate to it, I can do some rock tracks, but I'm not a quite good remixer. I'm surprised nobody decided to make a remix for Dracula (Castlevania series) ! I'll try to make a correct WIP of a Castlevania boss theme and I'll PM it to you !

Anyway, I've been contacting the guys on the project, & have yet to hear back from some of you. I need an status update on tracks, & need some sort of word. So far the guys I need an update of are:

JMR

Sorry I haven't been in touch, things have been unbelievably hectic for me lately. All of my university profs hit the ground running and started piling on the work way too quickly... and I'm working two jobs besides classes. (I'm actually writing this from work, in between clients...)

There's been some minor progress on the WIP front. I still have a few issues I want to work out before sharing it, and I can't estimate how long it'll take... BUT REST ASSURED, there's no way I'm abandoning this project.