OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

I haven't checked the CSS, but Firefox is having a rendering problem with regards to the BBCode tag code.

The more lines, the bigger the gap between the last line and the bottom border, increasing with 4 pixels for each added line. Note that the /code comes right after the last digit every time. There are no new lines added afterwards.

Have a look.

(I've seen this several times, but thought it was obvious enough to be noticed, thinking it was being looked at already, however, in case this might be a local problem with Firefox 1.*)

Firefox 1.5.0.11

• 2 weeks later...
Why has Sexy Trunks been moved under Super Street Fighter II Turbo? Isn't Balrog's theme the same in The World Warrior save for the instruments used and the key change?

Back before Neostorm subbed that track, he used the WIP forums to get feedback on it. He specifically said the source tune was the Super Turbo version and hosted an MP3 of it.

Back in the day, djp just put some stuff where it was covenient. Another example, "FF7 ROBOVoice" really belonged in FF5, so I had it moved there.

That was all OCR01500 house cleaning. I'm detail-oriented about that sort of thing, so when we can, source game will always be the specific game attributed by the submitting artist, even if a source tune is used in several different games.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the place, DaStinka, although you'd might have more luck PM'ing LionTamer.

It seems we could use another "how to use the forum guide". I have no buttons for editing things like bold, italics, underline, color, size etc. Were those removed for a reason or have they just not been implemented yet? Also, is it no longer possible to change a thread title? A lot of features seem to be missing from this forum when comparing with the vB forums I'm used to visiting. Is it because of safety measures taken to prevent OCR's sometimes very immature forum community from going nuts (like the 4 image limit, the 10 char limit and the 10000 char limit)?

It seems we could use another "how to use the forum guide". I have no buttons for editing things like bold, italics, underline, color, size etc. Were those removed for a reason or have they just not been implemented yet? Also, is it no longer possible to change a thread title? A lot of features seem to be missing from this forum when comparing with the vB forums I'm used to visiting. Is it because of safety measures taken to prevent OCR's sometimes very immature forum community from going nuts (like the 4 image limit, the 10 char limit and the 10000 char limit)?

To get the usual buttons, change Message Editor Interface (at the very bottom of Edit Options) from Basic to Standard.

Thread titles can't be changed except by moderators, and the other limits I believe are forum defaults. They do undermine stupidity, so I can't complain.

You know, I wanted to comment on the sidebar. Now don't worry, this isn't negative. I actually like the sidebar. There are some that don't, and well, that's just too bad. But I think the sidebar actually adds usability to the site.

Think about it. You don't have to search for links to every little thing you want to access. Instead, it's just to the left. I use the sidebar every time I come to the site to jump to the forums. Makes navigation that much easier.

As a matter of fact, for those that are on older browsers, or are sadly stuck in a position that you don't have all the fancy upgrades, the sidebar is a great addition as it allows you to click actual links instead of hoping the drop menu works.

Anyway, I think the sidebar was a plus. Even if some might disagree. I just wanted to let people know where I stand on this.

Our forums were down from around midnight EST last night to 9:00 AM EST this morning; I had intended to upgrade from vBulletin 3.6.4 to 3.6.6, and was in the process of doing so, when... my power went out. It stayed out until about 6:00AM this morning, a couple hours later I groggily rolled out of bed and completed the rest of the upgrade and corresponding template tweaks.

If anything that worked before doesn't work now, please reply and describe in detail what's up. There were relatively few mandatory template tweaks involved, and 3.6.6 is the gateway to some pretty cool stuff the folks behind vb have been cooking up lately, some of which may be applicable to OCR.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic